✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-June-2011] Rock im Park: Nürnberg, Germany [possible setlist and first YouTube videos in 1st post

Jenjie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its called "Charlie Brown"

Lol, some people just can't let go, you know? I saw somebody say " I love Up With the Birds, Cartoon Hearts, and Us Against the World!" Only one of those is a correct song title...

Hi Hillman, thanks! :D You only new a few posts to be able to post links and stuff like that, so try again after a couple more and you should be ok :)

hey i'm new ;)

this is my contribution to yesterday's setlist discussion :D

Back to the Future Theme (Intro music)

Charlie Brown (Live debut)

Clocks

The Scientist

Yellow

Lost!

Major Minus (Live debut)

In My Place

Cemeteries of London

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (New arrangement)

Princess of China (Live debut)

Us Against the World (Live debut)

Politik

Hurts Like Heaven (Live debut, "Walking Man" visuals on screen)

Viva La Vida

Life Is For Living

Encore: Fix You

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (Live debut)

I'm pretty sure about anything but 'the scientist'. if a admin could activate that I'll be able to embed my videos i could share them with you :)

Charlie Brown :wink3: odd name, but an awesome song.

Here's the setlist:

1. Hurts Like Heaven

2. Yellow

3. In My Place

4. Major Minus

5. Lost!

6. Singing In The Rain (I lol'd :awesome: )

7. Cemeteries Of London

8. GPASUYF

9. Violet Hill

10. The Scientist

11. Us Against The World

12. Politik

13. Viva La Vida

14. Charlie Brown (Cartoon Heart)

15. Life Is For Living

16. Clocks

17. Fix You

18. ETiaW

Where was Princess of China?

Here are some more pictures:

http://www.nordbayern.de/events/coldplay-rockten-am-freitag-die-centerstage-1.1279643?offset=0#ancTitle

The paper press said that coldplay was the peak at the first festival day and that it was an amazing show! Must be heaven!

Thanks for posting COLDPLAYfanforever!!!...

Rock Im Park, Nürnberg, 3rd June 2011:

784884885.jpg

2833637814.jpg

109932583.jpg

4211066418.jpg

2167231812.jpg

2313860957.jpg

662841036.jpg

2842182134.jpg

117493863.jpg

117849671.jpg

1419204515.jpg

2842603478.jpg

2103436113.jpg

^ And Against The Wall, although that might actually be Major Minus now that you mention it :thinking:

'Against The Wall' is NOT a song title!!!

Sorry for that :D :facepalm:

It's just a name I came up with because I misheard it when Chris said on stage "Us Against The World"!!! I'm sorry for the confusion :escaping:

Any conclusions on yesterday's 3.6.11 setlist after tonight's show?

I think this is the closest we can get: The setlist will remain a myth^^

1. Charlie Brown

2. Clocks

3. Yellow

4. In My Place

5. Princess Of China

6. Cemeteries Of London

7. GPASUYF

8. Major Minus

9. The Scientist

10. Lost!

11. Us Against The World

12. Politik

13. Hurts Like Heaven

14. Viva La Vida

15. Life Is For Living

16. Fix You

17. Every Teardrop Is Waterfall

So I'm listening to Us Against The World while I think back of last week..

I was very busy traveling around, meeting friends at home the last week. i havent had much sleep until now and then..

I'm sorry that I couldnt deliver all the information I promised to. Even no setlist :bomb: Well at least I gave some wrong informations though :p Us Against The World is not a solo nor a duet for example^^ and it's not called Against The Wall *rolleyes* I think it was because of my mood and the fact that I just wanted to enjoy eeeevery single moment!.. If you take too many pictures or if you do other things instead of just listening/watching/screaming/singing/jumping/dancing you will miss a lot!!! Well I didnt get everything anyway.^^ I have had that experience before and I didnt want it to happen with Coldplay in Nuremberg.

Friday was a hot and sunny day so it was time to wear my 'Whatever It Takes' Coldplay shirt. I was waiting on a friend of mine and his girlfriend because we were going together to see Coldplay then. When I saw them I had to laugh out loud - Max had the same shirt on!!! (No we didnt talk about that before - it was a coincidence^). So we went as a triple couple or how you call that :-p I had my bag with some yummy magic juice and a life saving banana with me which I didnt need in the end :-D

I was nervous all day (just like the band for sure) until I was inside the festival park. When the lights finally went off for Coldplay my heart started beating like hell again and then the guys started with a brand new song! Every single song of the new one's was just beautiful! Coldplay improved themselves again! I only didnt like UATW the first time I heard it but the next day I was speechless when I heard it again. Last but not least I dont want to spoil Princess Of China talking about it too much but it's been a while since I had goosebumps like that!! Chris was freaking out on stage. It is really a song where you can dance to. Every single cell of my body was filled up with happiness hormones and endorphines *wacky*

Thank you for coming to Nuremberg guys!!!!!!!! It was like a dream and I still can't believe this was true. You gave me some very special moments. I hope you had some as well. You were doing great!!!

... magic juice and a live saving banana! hahahha markus ...:D

well, I just try to remember how I felt friday night, but I can't describe it!! Thank you Coldplay for giving me such an amazing experience on the day of my last A-level-exam.. :) :) Unbelievable..

i think a new coldplay song just leaked, or fake? , i dont know cause it really sounds like chris martin :S if it is real it is amazing anyway.... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzJKmUSLIRc]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Up With The Birds (new song)‬‏[/ame]

i think a new coldplay song just leaked, or fake? , i dont know cause it really sounds like chris martin :S if it is real it is amazing anyway....

Aww bless you, it is Coldplay, but not a leak

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHvncOIVkGM]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - 1.36‬‏[/ame]

• 1 month later...

Rock im Park 2011 Farewell

To All who have been to see Coldplay at Rock im Park 2011 in Nuremberg.

Both my Boyfriend and I have been amazed by the concert, only to be left gutted at the end when they suddenly disappeared 15 minutes earlier than scheduled. There also has not been the usual coming to the front of the stage, all hugged, and bowing and waving. We thought this is a bit a odd and did not want to leave the place at first - only when we saw the roadies packing up it started to dawn that it is really over. We tried to get a viva chant on the way, but everybody else bar very view was leaving. So all in all a sad ending to a great gig. Did anybody else feel that way too - or was it just us?

I thought that maybe they had to leave promptly for the Rock am Ring Festival, but still they could have come up to the front for 2 minutes after ETIAW - especially as it has been there first gig after some time.

I have asked the Oracle this question, but did not get an answer ...

What do you think?

They disappeared 15 minutes early? They didn't wave their goodbye as usual? I didnt notice that. Well for me it seemed like they were having a good time! It was their 'first' show playing new stuff so they were a bit more nervous than at Rock Am Ring the next day I think but they were doing great and they did perform without a mistake! Of course the ending was a bit sad. Every ending of a Coldplay concert is sad! :p Festival shows are short, thats it. :shrug: In my opinion it was the best out of the three CP gigs I attended so far!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

sooo much changed between now and then.

how small it started and how big it became.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dedu3kwWo]Coldplay - Intro - Charlie Brown - Rock im Park 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

will's piano isn't even painted at that time.

rock_im_park_coldplay009.jpg

i still feel embarrassed when i think of saying "against the wall" would be a new song :p :facepalm:

i hope you forgave me for that :embarrassed: me was drunk a little :drunk: