✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Coldplay just wants everybody to get along. They want to create world peace. They wish for a planet without conflict and pollution. They want to preserve endless flowery fields of rainbows and unicorns for future generations. So yeah, if you hate one of their songs, you're essentially supporting war and evildoers.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program of "Name your least favorite Coldplay song and prepare for the backlash of butthurt people".

On that note, "Yes" is a horrible song.

Lot's of people love that song for some reason. I'm no fan of it at all. They should have shifted it on to Prospekt's March. God knows who made the decision to leave off Glass of Water.

Lot's of people love that song for some reason. I'm no fan of it at all. They should have shifted it on to Prospekt's March. God knows who made the decision to leave off Glass of Water.

I don't like Yes, to be honest it's hard to understand what Chris is singing. I do like though Chinese Sleeper Chant hidden in Yes and maybe that's what makes Yes so popular with people maybe thinking it's all the one song. I think that the biggest mistake of the Viva era was not having Glass Of Water on Viva La Vida, especially with the songs like Yes and Cemeteries Of London on the album

Ooh, I always forget that Glass of Water exists. It's poppy, but it's better than much of its brethren off Viva.

I don't like Yes, to be honest it's hard to understand what Chris is singing. I do like though Chinese Sleeper Chant hidden in Yes and maybe that's what makes Yes so popular with people maybe thinking it's all the one song. I think that the biggest mistake of the Viva era was not having Glass Of Water on Viva La Vida, especially with the songs like Yes and Cemeteries Of London on the album

Chinese Sleep Chant is better than the first portion of Yes, but I recall it being a snoozer live.

What's your take on Cemeteries of London, though? For all the negativity I've shown VLVODAAHF in this thread, I think CoL is one of the few that really holds up well 3 years later.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Ooh, I always forget that Glass of Water exists. It's poppy, but it's better than much of its brethren off Viva.

Chinese Sleep Chant is better than the first portion of Yes, but I recall it being a snoozer live.

What's your take on Cemeteries of London, though? For all the negativity I've shown VLVODAAHF in this thread, I think CoL is one of the few that really holds up well 3 years later.

But if you're talking about bad Coldplay songs - actually bad Chris Martin songs then Wedding Bells tops the lot. How could I forget it? Thank god it doesn't ever look like getting a proper release.

As for Cemeteries of London, I think it is without doubt one of the best songs Coldplay have ever done. It's up there with Amsterdam and Politik for me. The imagery it generates is amazing.

X&Y is actually a pretty good song :nod:
yes

yeah, and twisted logic too :nod:
no

no

God knows who made the decision to leave off Glass of Water.
Probably Will. And it was an excellent decision.

I love it.

Guest howyousawtheworld
yes

no

no

Probably Will. And it was an excellent decision.

I love it.

To you maybe but that;s your opinion.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Obviously. Last time I checked I wasn't god. Although I do turn my head and say "Yes?" when people shout "Jesus Christ!"

Oh!

Listen please, a friend of me that works on radio one saif that he already listened to the song, that it has a radiohead - bass style , similar to the song "where I end and you begin " from radiohead, whit a fast beat and a clear bass, he says is sensational, it is expecting over 20 plays tomorrow, and something else, aparently the name of the new album, acording to him, COULD be Monday Morning , that would explain the MM on the exibition room and the "MONDAY" that is painted in the wall of one of the newest pictures of coldplay , where the bassist is sitting in like a window, that is all, and he said it could be a big change for coldplay but seems to go to a good direction, thats pretty much all I know, and i singed in just for you to know...

Uh, haven't read all the pages but I probably will once I have more time...

I thought the lyrics weren't that bad until I got to the chorus (if those trapezes and gaps are the chorus)... It just seems like a Coldplay's take on The Suburbs, does anyone else agree?

Beware the fangirly attack :wreck:

Indeed.

THE song will be great.....Coldplay has yet to put out A BAD song.

Five words: "A Spell A Rebel Yell" :nod:

RUN FOR THE HILLS, LOUNGERS/WOMIANS

:lol:

Coldplay just wants everybody to get along. They want to create world peace. They wish for a planet without conflict and pollution. They want to preserve endless flowery fields of rainbows and unicorns for future generations. So yeah, if you hate one of their songs, you're essentially supporting war and evildoers.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program of "Name your least favorite Coldplay song and prepare for the backlash of butthurt people".

AAAHAHAHA. :lol: There's a reason why you're one of my favorite people. :heart:

Also, I actually rather like "Yes." I'm not sure if that's a bad thing to say here or not. :uhoh:

There really needs to be a "like" function on posts :<

I second that.

God knows who made the decision to leave off Glass of Water.

As much as I love that song, I don't see where it would fit in the context of VLVODAAHF.

Love it. So much.

I'm just not a big fan of the song, I like the guitar to it but it doesn't interest me that much to be honest although I enjoyed singing along to it when it was played live but each to their own I guess.

I actually really like "A Spell A Rebel Yell." It wasn't one of my favorites at all when I first heard it, but I really like the vibe now. Certainly not a lyrical gem either, though :P. I also like "Yes" and "Cemeteries of London," though neither are my favorites on VLV. I love the HELL out of "Chinese Sleep Chant," though.

Am I the only one completely confused by all of the comparisons to Arcade Fire's The Suburbs? :uhoh:

Where's all the coldplay fans? Hello? Hello?

EDIT: Most of us aren't in the WoM. There are a few (e.g. me), but not many.

Am I the only one completely confused by all of the comparisons to Arcade Fire's The Suburbs? :uhoh:

No, I'm confused by that, too.