✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

Well, it wasn't as terrible as I expected it to be. I like Jonny's part, hate the synths (or whatever that noise is) because they overshadow every other instrument in the song, including the vocals (which I don't particularly like). That's my unprofessional opinion.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it soooooo freken noisy and messy!!! the start is ok by a couple of minutes in it just sounds a train wreck to the point where you can't hear any of the instruments properly and chris's voice is battling with the wall of sound.

whatever happened to less is more :( kinda worked well for them for their first 2 albums.

That's exactly what i thought. The beginning is okay but it get horrible and annoying after a few minutes in.

I thought they were moving on from VLV and going back to darker stripped down sound.:\

it is very clear they are trying to make music that will sound good in football stadiums and arenas. and i think this will sound good in a massive venue.

it's clear that you don't have a clue about good music

The song isn't what I hoped for for a second, and has no bearing on the reasons I originally fell in love with Coldplay. But for what it is, sampling and shitty lyrics and horrible title and all, I REALLY LIKE IT. I just wish Chris put more effort into the lyrics. I'd have very little to say bad about it if he'd written better words, besides "wow, I'll always miss 2000-2003 Coldplay, but I don't mind the new Coldplay either."

It's poppy and fluffy, sure, and while I'm not really a grand fan of their movement in that direction since [insert date here, it's debatable], and they don't make it easy to be a fan of theirs (especially when you like other ~legitimate~ music), but I've learned not to really expect anything else, and I think I've become more accepting of different styles of music BECAUSE of Coldplay and this board, which includes finding value in a lot of things I would have dismissed as too commercial and crowd-pleasing before.

HI again, im the guy that posted these some hours ago:

Listen please, a friend of me that works on radio one saif that he already listened to the song, that it has a radiohead - bass style , similar to the song "where I end and you begin " from radiohead, whit a fast beat and a clear bass, he says is sensational, it is expecting over 20 plays tomorrow, and something else, aparently the name of the new album, acording to him, COULD be Monday Morning , that would explain the MM on the exibition room and the "MONDAY" that is painted in the wall of one of the newest pictures of coldplay , where the bassist is sitting in like a window, that is all, and he said it could be a big change for coldplay but seems to go to a good direction, thats pretty much all I know, and i singed in just for you to know...

Now I have More Info, I have a talk with him again and he was able to tell me more about the song, now, its a looong song with a loong intro, thats what he said, like 6 or 7 minutes, but its worth it, it begins with a soft bass line which then combines with a beat, which then mixes with "glorious" guitar riffts (thats what he said, glorious) and its kind of a progresive song, it begins calm and it ends as a big one, thay had an interview with chris early in the morning , and he said the posibility of playing "several" new songs in Rock Im Park and Glastonbury festivals, and the name "monday morning" was not confirmed by chris BUT not denied, all these happened after the interview was done, like, off air, so there are new thinks you should know about this...

lol

it's clear that you don't have a clue about good music

:lol:

In terms of the song... meh. It's catchy to begin with with the melody but it's nothing special IMO. Definitely a change in sound for the band, though I don't think it's for the better. Someone before mentioned that less is more and I agree. This song is alright, but I find it to be too much of a dance song. Not saying that's bad though. The lyrics sort of work with the song, though they still sound bad.

Overall not impressed, and I don't really know what the band is doing anymore.

everyone here seems to prefer their older songs! :P

This song doesn't put the older songs to shame, it just makes me like songs like 'Amsterdam' that much more.

I like the change, innovation and different directions the band has taken, so I'll gladly follow along

I think I've become more accepting of different styles of music BECAUSE of Coldplay and this board, which includes finding value in a lot of things I would have dismissed as too commercial and crowd-pleasing before.

Indeed, I feel the same way. Not sure how I feel about this particular song, though. Perhaps it'll sound better as the big conclusion to the album, if that is in fact where it's positioned.

The lyrics don't really bother me, as I've said before. My problem is that for something that "builds," I just feel like I've heard the whole song by the time it's halfway through. Was expecting a build along the lines of LiT, which was thoughtful and terrific.

I think it's OK, maybe it'll grow on me. I was hoping for a more stripped down sound like they were saying a few months back, and this is anything but. I do like the guitar parts though and the last minute or so. I agree that it's way too over produced, too much stuff going on at times. Not much to say about the lyrics that haven't already been said. All in all it's not that bad but compared to the other 'big' sounding songs of theirs, it's definitely missing something.

Basically I'm hoping that the album has a little more depth and subtlety than this.