✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

^^ Exactly. And as I said earlier, it's not because you're a fan of a band that you lose all your sense of criticism towards what they make. We're not all blind fans who think that because it's made by Coldplay that it's pure genius and gold. I love Coldplay, still am a big fan, it is still my favourite band, but these lyrics suck big time.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still be the biggest fan in the world if you fairly criticise them you know. Some fans on here have lost their passion or desire for Coldplay's music just because it happens in life. I was a bit bemused at first to see non Coldplay fans here but then I realised the quality of the WoM section was fantastic which is why they use it. It's better than any other music forum out there. I think it'd be great if the Coldplay section had more discussion on their music like in the WoM section rather than it just being swamped and dominated by fan fiction and 'hot' pictures of the band members.

It's always good to have differing opinions and people with different music tastes. It keeps things entertaining, diverse and fun.

well, this is weird but I agree with you :lol:

Guest kmm1482
You can still be the biggest fan in the world if you fairly criticise them you know. Some fans on here have lost their passion or desire for Coldplay's music just because it happens in life. I was a bit bemused at first to see non Coldplay fans here but then I realised the quality of the WoM section was fantastic which is why they use it. It's better than any other music forum out there. I think it'd be great if the Coldplay section had more discussion on their music like in the WoM section rather than it just being swamped and dominated by fan fiction and 'hot' pictures of the band members.

It's always good to have differing opinions and people with different music tastes. It keeps things entertaining, diverse and fun.

Very well said! I am a diehard Coldplay fan (always have been, always will be), and it really does hurt when people hard-core shit on the band. But you're right. The way a band sounds at the very beginning changes wildly some 5 albums in. You are crazy for the sound at first, and as the band grows and changes, that sound tends to branch out in a direction you're not willing to go.

I was a huge Bloc Party and Interpol fan in the very beginning (I just re-downloaded Silent Alarm and put Turn On the Bright Lights back onto my iPod), but their last two albums just haven't had that same spark that made me fall in love with them at the start. And who knows, maybe they (and for some of you, Coldplay) will return to that original sound that made you love them in the beginning.

^^ Exactly. And as I said earlier, it's not because you're a fan of a band that you lose all your sense of criticism towards what they make. We're not all blind fans who think that because it's made by Coldplay that it's pure genius and gold. I love Coldplay, still am a big fan, it is still my favourite band, but these lyrics suck big time.

aaand this. I really love coldplay but sometimes I hate some things they do, like releasing the (horrible) lyrics before they release the song

aaand this. I really love coldplay but sometimes I hate some things they do, like releasing the (horrible) lyrics before they release the song

Frankly I think the only reason they released the lyrics is because the song is being released the same day it will be performed in front of thousands of people for this first time, so the crowd needs to know what words to sing along to.

Frankly I think the only reason they released the lyrics is because the song is being released the same day it will be performed in front of thousands of people for this first time, so the crowd needs to know what words to sing along to.

I thought that too but it's a festival so most of the fans won't be coldplay die hard fans and I don't think more than 10% of the crowd would go to coldplay.com to read the lyrics anyway.

This +1

I am a huge fan and I know I probably always will be. I became a fan ever since parachutes and loooove their early work, but even though I'm perfectly aware they must move on and change to keep us all interested, that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do. Just like after 6 years I'm still unnable to go through x&y. :tongue:

I will get flames for this but I loved everything about X&Y.

Might as well flame me, too.

Hm.. :thinking:

This thread has gone a little insane. 20 pages of bashing and criticism and the song hasn't even come out yet.

Is there criticism? Yes, and there's nothing wrong with that. Is there bashing? Hardly.

...Weeeeell. Maybe a little, depending on interpretation. However, it's not as if people insulted the band, their families, or you guys, so I really don't see why you guys are making such a big deal.

Pressed?

Yup . Want to know what that is ? :thinking: Just read this thread :D ( Gotta admit it was kinda clever :dozey: ) . Other than that , you can check for the definition on urban dictionary :lol:

Yeah, because Urban Dictionary is TOTALLY a reliable source of information. :|

Well , its an urban expression so it applies .

Pressed : Obsessed or attuned to a particular thing, idea, or person to an unseemly degree. Always used in the pejorative.

. Basically the fact that there is 20+ pages of hating towards coldplay for a song that hasn't even been released kinda shows that. And please don't come to me with the " It's criticisim " thing cause it's not lol . I'm fine with people not liking the song , I might not like it but it only takes to look through the first page to realize the hate there is :confused:

Non Coldplay fans can't express their opinion?

That's not new.

Excuse me :shocked2: , can you say the moment where I said . " YOU CAN'T BE SAYING THIS ; YOU CAN'T EXPRESS YOURSELVES " ?

I never said you couldn't do it