✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

I'm going to feel like a bit of a **** singing these words for the rest of my life, though :lol:. Watch my face be big and huge on the jumbotron at Oxegen or something and it be recorded for a DVD :dozey:. I've already been on TV singing along to Christmas Lights like a prat of late...too bad they rarely do songs like "See You Soon" or "Amsterdam" anymore with much more lyrical depth :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still be the biggest fan in the world if you fairly criticise them you know. Some fans on here have lost their passion or desire for Coldplay's music just because it happens in life. I was a bit bemused at first to see non Coldplay fans here but then I realised the quality of the WoM section was fantastic which is why they use it. It's better than any other music forum out there. I think it'd be great if the Coldplay section had more discussion on their music like in the WoM section rather than it just being swamped and dominated by fan fiction and 'hot' pictures of the band members.

It's always good to have differing opinions and people with different music tastes. It keeps things entertaining, diverse and fun.

I like it a lot :D

Great Thought

Guest howyousawtheworld
I liked Jonny's part to be honest, what I don't like is Chris' voice.

I think it will be a fun song live, even considering the crappy lyrics. It's too poppy but I still like it, not my favorite coldplay song though.

Well this is weird because we are agreeing with each other again. Johnny is the best thing about this song. But the synth harpsichord or whatever at the start sits about as well with me as Steven Gerrard wanting a move to Manchester United. If I have reason to be disappointed most with this song it's Chris's vocals. Like much of the song they have been overproduced to buggery and are so far away from those crisp icy vocals of the first two albums. It's so far away from say Amsterdam and while that's good in that they have changed it is bad for some who feel they have transformed for the worst. It's not amazing and I doubt it will be a lasting feature in their back catalogue but I think it's still decent and I look forward to seeing it played live.

Well this is weird because we are agreeing with each other again. Johnny is the best thing about this song. But the synth harpsichord or whatever at the start sits about as well with me as Steven Gerrard wanting a move to Manchester United. If I have reason to be disappointed most with this song it's Chris's vocals. Like much of the song they have been overproduced to buggery and are so far away from those crisp icy vocals of the first two albums. It's so far away from say Amsterdam and while that's good in that they have changed it is bad for some who feel they have transformed for the worst. It's not amazing and I doubt it will be a lasting feature in their back catalogue but I think it's still decent and I look forward to seeing it played live.

i, too find myself agreeing with you more often these days haha. it must be that King Kenny fellow!

Guest howyousawtheworld
i, too find myself agreeing with you more often these days haha. it must be that King Kenny fellow!

Ohhh he's a wonderful man! Roy Hodgson can do strange things with your mind. Are you just agreeing with the idea of Steven Gerrard going to Man Utd?!

As someone who actually prefers the Viva era to their older stuff, I gotta say that I enjoy this song. I mean, it's nothing special. The lyrics are still pretty bad. But I love the guitar riff, I like the synth, and I actually kinda like how Chris's voice is slightly drowned out. It almost sounds like he used a filter on this song. The vocals are kind of reminiscent of A Spell A Rebel Yell. It's definitely not the best, but it's good, plus it might end up sounding better in context with the actual album. And it will definitely sound great live. I've always preferred live versions of Coldplay songs anyways.

The song was totally worth all the anticipation and it reassured my high hopes for the album. Yes, it was a change of direction, but I heard a lot of promise.

Oh wait, that was Violet Hill's pre-LP release.

Yeah, fuck this.

Ohhh he's a wonderful man! Roy Hodgson can do strange things with your mind. Are you just agreeing with the idea of Steven Gerrard going to Man Utd?!

no. the thought sickens me just as much as it sickens you. morally and principally wrong. but no doubting the lads talents.

Guest howyousawtheworld
no. the thought sickens me just as much as it sickens you. morally and principally wrong. but no doubting the lads talents.

Good. We already have to deal with Michael Owen!

Guest howyousawtheworld
?????????????????????

Or whatever the hell it is at the start. I don't know what it is at the start but it ain't great.

There seems to be so much going on in that song.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Hmmm that is something rather sexy about a American female loving the word Tw*t. ;)

What kind of freak are you?

Well, so much for expecting a more acoustic and stripped down song. :lol:

Overall, I think it's okay, but it could be a lot better. It's a bit of a mess and quite overproduced; there's just too much going on. There are some parts of the melody that I find really cheesy, but some other bits that I really like. I actually kind of like whatever effects they used on Chris' voice.

And that's all I've got for now.

If you break it down...

Lyrics = crap

Artwork = crap

and now that we've got the melody..

CRAP

This might be the first Coldplay album I won't be buying :dozey:

EDIT: 'tis all my personal opinion ;)

Yep. Though I know I'll like some of the songs on the album. No way would every song be as bad as this.

Is it for sure that this will be on the new album?

Maybe it will be a one off single that didn't fit onto the album? Please!

PLEASE. I want to believe it's, idk, a festival single? lol