🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

Actually I think this is better than ETIAW. I really need to listen to a better quality version of it but not considering all the stupid effects they added I think that Rihanna sounds better than Chris on it.

I don't see it being a massive single, but after Paradise and ETIAW this isn't that bad.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I listen to a new song, I get more and more disappointed.

I'm really sad for the direction Coldplay's been heading. It feels like it was yesterday I was waiting for VLVODAAHF to leak. That was a really good album. But THIS, this is dreadful. That synthy stuff featuring Rihanna I've just heard isn't Coldplay. I refuse to accept that.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yeah the "dubby" Princess Of China my flying ass. It's an otherwise outstanding piece of music punished by a lack of heavy bass.

It's crying out for bass!

I think that half of the people who dislike it will do it because it's bad (probably we'll see that kind of posts here) and the other half is the kind of fangirls who refuse to hear a coldplay song with Rihanna on it :lol:

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same about PoC as I do about Paradise, but I still love ETIAW (and everything else of late, to varying degrees), which I feel is still the song that has the most hate, or at least polarization surrounding it, so whatever, I don't know anymore.

But to me: it sounds exactly like everything else I'd hear on Top 40 radio if I flicked it on right now. It sounds like Rihanna feat. Chris Martin more than Coldplay feat. Rihanna. If the band thing ever stopped working for Chris, he could still make millions writing overdone pop songs for other artists who never write their own stuff. I think I'm just disappointed that he's doing that in his own band now and not saving it for others who need that kind of stuff to make money off of. Coldplay don't need to do that, but I guess they just want to now, which is the part I'm not so happy about on a personal level.

I'm all for experimentation, for the most part, I guess I just am not feeling this style they're testing out. I feel like ETIAW at least had a thread of their old selves in it with the glittering anthemicness of it, but Paradise and PoC seem to be a bit more of a test-drive of hijacking other styles to me.

Guest howyousawtheworld
that is true. However they did recently have songs like Christmas Lights and Moving to Mars that reflected their older sound.

Ahhh memories of the good old days!

No but seriously I still look forward to Mylo Xyloto very much. This song hasn't done much to heighten or lower expectations.

Does anyone think this song will be the next single?