✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

I give it an 8. Not the best, but not the worst. So much for the new album apparently being 'stripped down' though. I like the song, but I would be very disappointed if the new album went down the dance route.

Like I said, I like the song overall but it just feels like they're trying to fit in with all the dance and R and B crap that's in the charts now.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen it second time. Mixing feelings. Right from the Don't Panic, first Coldplay song I heard, it's deep, emotional, and clever music. If you have Hi-Fi acoustic system - you enjoy Parachutes, ARoBTH and X&Y even more.

The Teardrop sounds like summer hit for 15 years old kids. That's the modern audience which make money for labels today. I can't believe Coldplay choose money and popularity over music. :cry:

I'm not getting it yet. But then again it always takes me a while to get into new music. I hated Christmas Lights at first but now its one of my most played on Spotify (even though its not Christmas). I'm not going to rate ETIAW properly until next week, but at the moment I'm about a 5.

I don't know if I was expecting the song to sound like this , it feels just like Coldplay but still there's something new about it and that's probably good. One thing is clear - it's absolutely a song full of joy :) I like it a lot and it's perfect as their first single (the first single is not supposed to be the best one!) and if it starts this well then the album must be even better.

No it's not a rip-off Ritmo De La Noche - RDLN has a sample of I Go To Rio by Peter Allen and Adrienne Anderson. And, as said on Coldplay.com website, ETIAW contains a sample of I Go To Rio just like Ritmo De La Noche contains. ;)

That's not a sample, that's the whole motive, note by note. So now Coldplay can't write even music for their songs. Eno - burn in hell!!!

I don't like Chris' voice but I like Jonny's guitar :dazzled: The lyrics are crap but we already knew that.

Sounds like a kids song, but it will work well live and if they want to sell lots of albums this is the right song to do it, it's very commercial.

I'm not getting it yet. But then again it always takes me a while to get into new music. I hated Christmas Lights at first but now its one of my most played on Spotify (even though its not Christmas). I'm not going to rate ETIAW properly until next week, but at the moment I'm about a 5.

That's me too, except for Christmas Lights, I loved that as soon as I heard it:P

I said I would stay away from coldplaying to make my own opinions, but I couldn't help myself. And I feel the same. As you about the new song. Except that I didn't hate christmas lights :P

I can't be trusted with my first opinions about a coldplay song. I did not like most of AROBTTH at first but I realised I was stupid and that it was a masterpiece. Right now im in the stage of "I miss the old coldplay era" this happens to me every new cp album. I was expecting the song to be more intimate like they said, so I wonder if we'll find that in the rest of the album?

So for now im just gonna keep listening to it and see how I feel about it. I dnt think its a bad song though :D I :heart: the guitar part though :P

No it's not a rip-off Ritmo De La Noche - RDLN has a sample of I Go To Rio by Peter Allen and Adrienne Anderson. And, as said on Coldplay.com website, ETIAW contains a sample of I Go To Rio just like Ritmo De La Noche contains. ;)

where did you see that written on the official website?!

They are really going into another direction, aren't they? Well, looks like bye bye to their previous style then.

The guitar part is pretty good, and I like it when the drums come in. In fact, after listening to the song a couple of times (and it's not that many), I like the catchiness of the song. The song sounds nothing like it's name.

The part about the song that I didn't like is the vocal lines. When Chris starts singing 'I turn the music up', I didn't like it. And 'wa wa wa wa waterfall'... Well, I can see how radio-listeners would love this song.

I prefer their older songs, of course. When the song was over and Don't Panic came up next in my iTunes, gotta say, I miss the music they used to write. Don't think they will ever revert back though.

The Teardrop sounds like summer hit for 15 years old kids. That's the modern audience which make money for labels today. I can't believe Coldplay choose money and popularity over music. :cry:

Even if you hate the song, that's an absurd notion--as though they wouldn't be famous and rich if they released ten tracks of morse code sounds. They're at a point in their careers where they can do whatever they want and sell it. This is the music they want to make now. Like it or not. Only on this forum could a band with a first hit like Yellow sell-out.