✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strong 7 to a Light 8

10+ listens...

Really enjoying this track. It's gonna be EPIC live and just feels like a windows down radio up summer anthem. Will it go down as one of Coldplay's most important/relevant songs... too early to tell of course... but it does leave me feeling good about the album to come.

Also, with how much media attention and promotion this song has gotten combined with the overall popularity Coldplay already has and the commercial nature (in my opinion) of this song I have a feeling that it is going to be a MASSIVE hit.

well done Coldplay!

Being an avid coldplay fan, the song is definitely a way of showing that the boys are heading in a different direction. Vocally, there is hint of urgency and vulnerability in Chris' instrument which is something we rarely get to hear from him. Keep it coming!! The guitar riff is very Jonny-esque (simple, powerful and with a touch of glory). Drums and bass are classic Coldplay but again there is a sense of abstract to it. What a way to start off LP5!! This album will definitely be one to remember because we get to see these boys create something unique and we will respect their talents even more.

P.S. That guitar riff is constantly playing in my head!! (i think this riff is cousins with the riff from strawberry swing!!)

The worst thing - they borrowed the whole melody and motive. In Talk they borrowed motive, but it sounds different. In Waterfall they didn't even change it a bit. Huge disappointment.

I did not know what to expect, the first seconds sounded a bit too techno for my liking but as it continued playing I liked it more and I think the guitar part is really good. It sounds different from all they've done til now. Considering they have tons of summer festivals ahead, this song choice makes sense. I like it.

I'm still expecting to hear something a bit different from this on the album cause I think they've done quite a lot of experimentation on this one and I'm curious.

I've been listening to it on repeat for like two hours :freak: I'm really looking forwards to hearing this live!

+1. I am SO tired of people saying "why can't they go back to AROBTTH?". So tired. :shame:

I don't think a lot of people realize that bands who stay with the same sound for their entire lifespan will eventually lose two things: interest by the fans and a sense of their musical talent. Evolution in music is a must have, and as fantastic as Coldplay has been with their previous releases, the band needs to continue on with another sound that will further develop who they are as a whole.

I don't like VLV as well.

But now I think it's at least better than Waterfall.

Well, every band has weak albums, sometime it should happen with Coldplay too. Maybe it would happen with LP5.

That would be 2 weak albums then, because X&Y wasn't great. I think the band are aware of this, which is why they're only going to play one song from it (Fix You) in the summer concerts (providing that they play the same setlist as in the family and friends concert).

I'm worried about this new Coldplay, if WE, the die hards fans don't absolutely LOVE it, I don't know what's gonna happen. I'm still going to buy the album anyway but hopefully the 2nd single is out of this world amazing

I don't think a lot of people realize that bands who stay with the same sound for their entire lifespan will eventually lose two things: interest by the fans and a sense of their musical talent. Evolution in music is a must have, and as fantastic as Coldplay has been with their previous releases, the band needs to continue on with another sound that will further develop who they are as a whole.

+1

Before i start, id just like to say, if it werent for coldplay, i wouldnt have fallen in love with music in general!

In saying that, this new single. Its not that its bad. Its just dull. Fucking dull, which is worse. Its not cool, fresh, interesting, just boring and predictable. Yeah it sounds good, but it doesnt warrant a second listen, at all. Ive heard it 4-5 times and nothing. No spark, nothing to make me go " fucking hell that was awesome, or beautiful or cool, or even different."

Its a generic pop song. I hope this is a joke and Coldplay arent really putting this out to the public. If they do, ill be devastated. In fact i already am...:cry:

'Dull' that is a word that I left out of my analysis, but i think floz is right on the money here. It's not offensive, but it just doesn't really leave me feeling very much at all. It's like yeah, I can tell it is supposed to be happy and positive, but is it really?

And coming from the band that I love, I just expect more than this bland radio-friendly lightweight dance mishmash. Where's the guts?!

I agree with a few others on here though in that Johnny's guitar is definitely the best thing going on by far... Go JB! :cool:

At another poll I voted 7.. but this one I voted 6.

Because.. I expected to hear a Coldplay song.. but if chris wasn´t singing on this track, I might think it was any Hip-hop/R&B singer..

It's too 'created'.. I miss Will, Guy and more of Jonny.. where did they go while creating this track? The drums sounds like it was recorded for one beat and looped all over the song.

And somehow after 3 minutes the band comes back from lunch or whereever they were while recording this song.

I'm not saying it's very bad.. but Coldplay? No it's absolutely NOT Coldplay anymore.. where are the statements about a acoustic album? I'm sure there were said things about that.. Chris is playing his acoustic guitar in this song.. but it's barely hearable because some (read Brian Eno) trashed the song with his awful idea to put some hip-hop/dance/R&B feel in it.. I'm sure without the bass drum all over and the synth keys it would be much, much better.

I think I know what's behind all this.. I'm not going to explain these things because I don't want any big problems on my head, but I think they made a big mistake..

If the album will be all over this sort of music, I know who to blame.

I don't think that Coldplay is behind all of it. The music industry is however.

Viva La Vida is a masterpiece and so is X&Y (try listening to it after a breakup or while in love) X&Y The songs Fix You, Swallowed in the sea, A message, The Hardest Part, are you kidding me? I don't want to see anymore bashing of X&Y and VLV.

I'm not a big fan of this new song but I'm still confident LP5 is going to be amazing.

maybe those that dont like the song were expecting something like parachutes or AROBTTH, but i think is good when bands try different sounds, lets wait and hear the whole album

It might be good to try different sounds, but this sound they tried.. is being done by like 80% of the pop bands lately, it's nothing really fresh.. it's just not Coldplay..

There is a reason that 80% of the pop bands are doing this..

'Dull' that is a word that I left out of my analysis, but i think floz is right on the money here. It's not offensive, but it just doesn't really leave me feeling very much at all. It's like yeah, I can tell it is supposed to be happy and positive, but is it really?

And coming from the band that I love, I just expect more than this bland radio-friendly lightweight dance mishmash. Where's the guts?!

I agree with a few others on here though in that Johnny's guitar is definitely the best thing going on by far... Go JB! :cool:

Not 'dull' but more like overproduced, TOO much of mixing and 'adding' to the song what takes the touch away what a song can do.

If there was no hip-hop feeling in it.. than it would just leave the guitar and chris and later the drums and bass.. as the Scientist is... it would touch you more.

Where's the guts?!

Just think about this : releasing a song like this one, knowing that half of the people will say that it's lame, that it's sucking pop/dance etc but still releasing it and proudly saying to the world 'F*ck you, this our new song, that's what we want and we like it'... That needs bravery.

Releasing a 'normal' rock song is a safe thing to do. Trying new things and taking risks, that's where the guts are.

loving loving loving Jonny's riffs, this will be a classic stadium ballad, can just picture the crowds Wa Wa Wa Waing , OOOOOOOH OOOOOOHing and AAAAHHH AAHHHHING at the fesivals, cannot wait for Lolla, all the anticipation has let up to a wonderful feeling with this song, cannot wait for the rest of the album

oh and to be fair, i was a little unsure about the beginning of the song, maybe cause its a bit different for them, was not crazy about, it but loved the middle and end, i gave it an 8

When i was hearing the song,i dont felt anything...maybe I had very high expectations or something,but im feel like i heard a ramdom song of a ramdon artist,just listened and forgotten.

For me,the song is repetitive and doesnt provide nothing new...

The only good thing I can get of this,is that i wont be expecting so much of the album...maybe they can suprise me

:|