Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

I don't know what to think of the new song.

I keep listening to it.

The more I listen to it the less I know how to feel about it.

It's a cheerful song, for sure. But it ONLY sounds like a cheerful song.

Where's all the creativity and originality? Where's the SPARK? Where's the RISK? Where's the DIFFERENCE?

All those things that made me fall in love with them 10 years ago, all those things that made me love them for 10 years. I'm not sure those things are here anymore... Probably not in ETIAW anyway.

I guess we'll have to wait for the new album. Maybe I'll love it :) I sure hope so!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! Phill officially confirmed new songs being played tonight!!! Please someone film allll the new songs they play!!! And give us a setlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check the Live forum. The festival will be streamed online.

I've listened to it a few more times and I'm quite disappointed now that the excitement of a new song has worn off. Listen to ETIAW and then listen to any song from Parachutes or AROBTHH. They've definitely gone backwards in terms of quality and originality. They've played it safe with this. It's very radio friendly and it sounds like EMI and Brian Eno wrote it rather than Coldplay. It doesn't bode well for the new album.

Even if you hate the song, that's an absurd notion--as though they wouldn't be famous and rich if they released ten tracks of morse code sounds. They're at a point in their careers where they can do whatever they want and sell it. This is the music they want to make now. Like it or not. Only on this forum could a band with a first hit like Yellow sell-out.

Absurd is recording song to catch younger audience. That's what I call absurd. I'm not a hater, even in the weak album it should be at least couple of good songs, or on EP/b-sides/whatever.

But you know, in the end, after a weak LP we could expect another great album.

Absurd is recording song to catch younger audience. That's what I call absurd. I'm not a hater, even in the weak album it should be at least couple of good songs, or on EP/b-sides/whatever.

But you know, in the end, after a weak LP we could expect another great album.

Er, ok. For what it's worth, Viva La Vida is my favorite Coldplay album, and I think this would've been one of the weakest tracks on it.

I'm very pleased. 10/10. Cause I got what I was really hoping for... A COLDPLAY SONG YOU CAN REALLY DANCE TO!!! :dance: And this will get Coldplay some younger fans...

But I totally get why some Coldplay fans won't like it... And I urge them not to lose faith in LP5- cause I think the other songs will be different. LP5 won't be all- hype: Coldplay did say some songs will be minimalistic...

I love it after a few spins. Been listening non stop. Yet I gave it a 7/10. I wanted to love it at first, but was underwhelmed. I like it, but it seems like a song I'll overplay and get tired of and rarely listen to it again. I feel like by the time I get the album, I will be skipping over this song. I still cant figure out why a song about tears is so upbeat

I rated it 7... The title bothers me more than the sound!

Musically i think it sounds ok and yeah i agree it is quite happy and uplifting, but I do find some of the lyrics a bit suspect. I think as a single it is fine and it definitely has festivals written all over it, but I would be hugely dissapointed if a lot of the album was like this. I really don't want them going any further in the pop direction, but also where is the new 'stripped down sound' we have been promised repeatedly?!

Finally, I hate to be overly negative but I must say that think the new Artwork and font are complete pants! Nothing good to say here...doesn't fit our band at all : (

Guest howyousawtheworld

Johnny Buckland's guitar work was lovely and was instant Johnny. I don't know what to make of it yet. It's so schizophrenic - some parts I love other parts like the intro I don't like. Some will love it, others will hate it. It'd be stupid to judge the album on this single alone. I remember hearing Get On Your Boots for the first time by U2 and I was so underwhelmed but the album No Line On The Horizon turned out to be my favourite of 2009 but not until after a few hard listens.

Er, ok. For what it's worth, Viva La Vida is my favorite Coldplay album, and I think this would've been one of the weakest tracks on it.

I don't like VLV as well.

But now I think it's at least better than Waterfall.

Well, every band has weak albums, sometime it should happen with Coldplay too. Maybe it would happen with LP5.

I quoted myself:

Heard the new single now the first times... unbelievable!

Greeeeat! AWESOME! I smile all the time now! Great job guys!

I love Johnny, i love the building of the song without chorus/refrain, how chris sings the first time in the whole track, the beat, the character...everything - except the end...but ok...

Again and again!!!

Love Coldplay!

Can't understand how someone could be depressed after hearing such a lovely song!

Why you see the similarities to Lovers in Japan or Strawberry Swing? The whole building is more chaotic with lower structure and organisation, only the guitar reminds me of Strawberry S.

Why you consider it as "main pop"-shit? I didn't heard anything like that in the radio my lifetime!

In particular with the building, the new instrument? and without a chorus it stands for itself!

Masterpiece!

I really enjoy it.

Maybe its not a huge seller then the Scientist but I think you can't compare the different albums...

So I enjoy every new thing and this is an enjoyable number!

10 Points!

It's so boring how some people try to destroy the beautiful experimentations of Coldply because they want 10 copies of AROBTTH or Parachutes...

Enjoy Life kids!

A perfect summer song for my mood because I finished school! :D

Before i start, id just like to say, if it werent for coldplay, i wouldnt have fallen in love with music in general!

In saying that, this new single. Its not that its bad. Its just dull. Fucking dull, which is worse. Its not cool, fresh, interesting, just boring and predictable. Yeah it sounds good, but it doesnt warrant a second listen, at all. Ive heard it 4-5 times and nothing. No spark, nothing to make me go " fucking hell that was awesome, or beautiful or cool, or even different."

Its a generic pop song. I hope this is a joke and Coldplay arent really putting this out to the public. If they do, ill be devastated. In fact i already am...:cry:

Allright, so. The single was released 120 minutes ago, and lasts 4 minutes. 120/4 = 30. Yep, I probably heard it like 30 times now :freak: :freak: :freak:

Same here! AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

I influences some friends of me, there are in love with that song, also the other coldplay fans of my school...

Maybe with this process the fanstructure of coldplay is mixing...?!

With today, we have 4 more Coldplay fans of my school. :P

It's so boring how some people try to destroy the beautiful experimentations of Coldply because they want 10 copies of AROBTTH or Parachutes...

+1. I am SO tired of people saying "why can't they go back to AROBTTH?". So tired. :shame: