✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

Fun song. :D

I can already see the big festival crowds singing and waving and jumping along to it. Makes me wish I could be there. It's definitely meant to mainly be a live song, and it's going to be one of the highlights of their show I would say.

As a recorded single? Not their greatest and not their worst. Just really fun.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, no one wants Parachutes, AROBTH, etc. All we need is Coldplay spirit. It could even in disco song. Waterfall is short lived thing. At least for me. VLV has more unique sound then this single. And I don't really like VLV.

What remains if you don't like VLV and the LP5 stuff, and hip-hop, dance, elektro, house, techno and you just like AROBTTH and Parachutes? Classic? Bach? Beethoven? But than they copy again or?!

Yes and maybe you should organise some demonstrations against the new coldplay...

I would be too happy if someone like you sometimes later will say: I'm not a Coldplay fan.

Its ok if someone don't like the new music, but this shit with "they should go back to their roots" is so stupid and boring. You reduce a band or a musician to one boring theme and style but that would be a shame for such talented guys like Coldplay.

Accept it or look out for other bands which make the same music like AROBTTH - but please, be not suprised if this band wants also to develop or to change something...

This is an absolutely ordinary development, if you can't live with it than you have to change your favorite music band.

Its not saying "go back to their roots" its saying progress but in a direction that improves on what you started with. Look at what a band like U2 did,they progressed and eventually did Achtung Baby which was true to their roots but totally different and new at that time. What is teardrop? its like a poppy mainstream sellout which is the direction VLV was heading in.

Its not saying "go back to their roots" its saying progress but in a direction that improves on what you started with. Look at what a band like U2 did,they progressed and eventually did Achtung Baby which was true to their roots but totally different and new at that time. What is teardrop? its like a poppy mainstream sellout which is the direction VLV was heading in.

hear hear!

Look at the posts like "Warning Sign? Amsterdam? Clocks? In my place?... "

Just boring...

U2? Sorry, but I have to laught about that example. I can't understand why you think that THIS is THE one and only example.

Which mainstream? Du you hear any other band which is so detailed in a "good mood"-song? With such interesting tones and instruments? With such a building? Without chorus/refrain?

This song stands alone in the popculture in the radio!

Look at the posts like "Warning Sign? Amsterdam? Clocks? In my place?... "

Just boring...

U2? Sorry, but I have to laught about that example. I can't understand why you think that THIS is THE one and only example.

Ironic considering Achtung Baby was recorded in Germany.

I did not know what to expect, the first seconds sounded a bit too techno for my liking but as it continued playing I liked it more and I think the guitar part is really good. It sounds different from all they've done til now. Considering they have tons of summer festivals ahead, this song choice makes sense. I like it.

I'm still expecting to hear something a bit different from this on the album cause I think they've done quite a lot of experimentation on this one and I'm curious.

I've been listening to it on repeat for like two hours I'm really looking forwards to hearing this live!

I agree too

I think there'll be better songs than this and it'll be an experimentation album (or something like that :p)

I don't quite know what to make of it.

I just feel overwhelmingly meh about it.

There's nothing that takes my breath away and catches me unaware. There's nothing that makes it want to keep it playing over and over again.

I do like the guitar work in it though, and I wish they'd subtract some of the overwhelmingly pop-synths and just go pure guitar on it. It gets better from halfway through in that respect.

But at the same time, there's nothing about it that I can particularly dislike either. It's catchy enough, it doesn't offend the ears too much and I don't think I'd object to it being played anywhere.

I guess if it was from another band then I'd be celebrating it and loving it, but because I expect a little more of a thunking wow from Coldplay it leaves me feeling a little empty.

If the album is going to be more of the same, then I'm going to be a bit disappointed because I was expecting something bigger, better and bolder.

Also, I revoke an earlier comment I made about liking the line: 'I'd rather be a comma than a full stop.' Because in the song, it physically makes me cringe.

Guest howyousawtheworld

If we're going to make U2 comparisons it may as well be Coldplay's Discotheque. Alienating a lot of hardcore fans I see.

I know exactly how some people feels about being dissapointed with this new single. It has happened to me before with another bands which I'm not a huge fan but still keep an eye on them. But ... c'mon !!! It's like a new beginning, a happy new beginning, and I love the way how guys remake this song. And I also admire them 'cause you have to be brave to release something totally different...but it's a real good song.

Can't wait for more !!!!

What remains if you don't like VLV and the LP5 stuff, and hip-hop, dance, elektro, house, techno and you just like AROBTTH and Parachutes? Classic? Bach? Beethoven? But than they copy again or?!

Rock, post-punk, garage rock, synte pop and thousand of others styles.

You know they could record even disco pop song but with original spirit. Listen Clocks samba remix, or others. They miles ahead of Waterfall.

Also imagine you listen Waterfall on Hi-Fi acoustic system? Imagine you listen it with mid 30-40 years old people? I can't imagine.

Listening quietly the song,I'm seeing that in VLVODAOHF and this song I miss a sound more like,em,rock?

Not rock,but the clasical sound of a electric guitar,a bass,and drums,no weird synth sounds,something like Chinese Sleep Chant

Yes,they must improve and this is about tastes,but they are going to lose me,is not their fault,is because my tastes are changing and now I dont like this kind of music

This is the problem of hearing a band that is active,you never know how they will evolve :lol:

I'm in love with Coldplay all over again. This song is brilliant, with Brian Eno written all over it in shiny red lipstick. It's actually fun to dance too – something I'd never think I'd say about Coldplay. I can see why the Sun said the Swedish House Mafia would love to remix it; it's epic enough to be remixed and actually work.

In conclusion, I love it to pieces. I turn my music up, I play my new favorite song....

:dazzled: