✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

I feel like I did when Violet Hill was released ahead of VLV...I was just so excited to have a new CP song, that I bought it and played it, but once the entire album was released, it turned out to be my least favorite, and I often skip it on my iPod now...

I can't decide if I like this new song a lot or not. I think Chris' cadence is what I don't like...I'll have to listen many more times before I can decide.

Plus...iTunes doesn't have it available, and I am in the US....what's up with that?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god haters... go away, make a group and be depressed!

Maybe you can copy AROBTTH 10 times or you change little things like the setlist.

So you have what you want...

"Generic pop song"? Do you know what that means and can you show me that this song isn't extraordinary and stands alone?

So ridioulus!

ten

I gave it a 10. I'm happy and grateful for a new Coldplay song and love the upbeat, urgent and, yes, dancey sound of ETIAW. Jonny's guitar is awesome and the lyrics are "Coldplay anthemic". I don't hear anything at all to be disappointed about.

At another poll I voted 7.. but this one I voted 6.

Because.. I expected to hear a Coldplay song.. but if chris wasn´t singing on this track, I might think it was any Hip-hop/R&B singer..

It's too 'created'.. I miss Will, Guy and more of Jonny.. where did they go while creating this track? The drums sounds like it was recorded for one beat and looped all over the song.

And somehow after 3 minutes the band comes back from lunch or whereever they were while recording this song.

I'm not saying it's very bad.. but Coldplay? No it's absolutely NOT Coldplay anymore.. where are the statements about a acoustic album? I'm sure there were said things about that.. Chris is playing his acoustic guitar in this song.. but it's barely hearable because some (read Brian Eno) trashed the song with his awful idea to put some hip-hop/dance/R&B feel in it.. I'm sure without the bass drum all over and the synth keys it would be much, much better.

I think I know what's behind all this.. I'm not going to explain these things because I don't want any big problems on my head, but I think they made a big mistake..

If the album will be all over this sort of music, I know who to blame.

I don't think that Coldplay is behind all of it. The music industry is however.

I'm getting a feeling that is not the song that is bad, but people that really dont listen to other kind of music, c'mon whats wrong with Hip-hop and R&B????

The first time I listened to a Colplay song it was 2000 (yellow obviously) and I was 18 (:cry: oh god youth what a marvellous thing :cry:).

I swear this is the first time in 11 years that I'm not so excited after the first listening of a new song :(

The song it's good telling the truth, it's happy, summery and pop.....maybe quite too pop according to my taste.

It becomes a song with Coldplay style from minute 3.01 when Will drums actually start.

I like the guitar riff, it's very cute but Jonny is a guarantee in this sense, we all know :D.

I have to say a big "Thank you" to Will for his classic drum riff which have made the song sound less pop and more Coldplay.

I hope this song is like what happened with Violet Hill in Viva la vida, in fact VH is different from the rest of the album VLV, so ETIAW sholuld be different from the entire new album. We want more rock!!:drummer::guitarist:

Just think about this : releasing a song like this one, knowing that half of the people will say that it's lame, that it's sucking pop/dance etc but still releasing it and proudly saying to the world 'F*ck you, this our new song, that's what we want and we like it'... That needs bravery.

Releasing a 'normal' rock song is a safe thing to do. Trying new things and taking risks, that's where the guts are.

It's the other way.. with this song they are trying to be safer, this is the style that any band is doing lately.. they fit in the picture of the current music, it's the time.

They have the chance to bring it to a new era.. if they try that.. than they really have the guts.

Predictible, yeah, right. I totally saw the 'I Go To Rio' sample and the disco vibe and the 'irish' guitar riff coming. Totally.

So gooooood. :D:D:D:D

But thats this silly "logic" of all the "new tones"-pieces of Coldplay.

They say, its predictible and boring, but what if there would copy AROBTTH all the time? Not predicible and boring?

Loooool!

When i was hearing the song,i dont felt anything...maybe I had very high expectations or something,but im feel like i heard a ramdom song of a ramdon artist,just listened and forgotten.

For me,the song is repetitive and doesnt provide nothing new...

The only good thing I can get of this,is that i wont be expecting so much of the album...maybe they can suprise me

:|

Very well put

Oh my god haters... go away, make a group and be depressed!

Maybe you can copy AROBTTH 10 times or you change little things like the setlist.

So you have what you want...

"Generic pop song"? Do you know what that means and can you show me that this song isn't extraordinary and stands alone?

So ridioulus!

Maybe were 'depressed' because supposedly the 'best , biggest band in the world' just releashed a fucking bullshit song. The song is in no way extraordinary and sounds like all the other crap on the mainstream radio. I wouldnt have a problem with the dance or electronic elements if they were fresh, like radiohead's 'feral' or 'lotus flower'.

And to those saying this is what Coldplay wants, thats complete bullshit, this is obviously the record company telling them to release pop tunes as record sales are slowly but surely dwindling. This song is shameful. Im embarressed and IM NOT EVEN IN THE FUCKING BAND!:veryangry2:

Just think about this : releasing a song like this one, knowing that half of the people will say that it's lame, that it's sucking pop/dance etc but still releasing it and proudly saying to the world 'F*ck you, this our new song, that's what we want and we like it'... That needs bravery.

Releasing a 'normal' rock song is a safe thing to do. Trying new things and taking risks, that's where the guts are.

Tell this Radiohead. King of Limbs is f*cking brilliant, although I understood it couple of weeks later.

No one said they should sound like Parachutes, but they definitely should have spirit form the old ones. Waterfall has nothing of it.

It's the other way.. with this song they are trying to be safer, this is the style that any band is doing lately.. they fit in the picture of the current music, it's the time.

They have the chance to bring it to a new era.. if they try that.. than they really have the guts.

Please show me any actual track which can be compared with ETIAW!

Please!

There is nothing which is so great and big and experimental...!

I'm a really open minded person, i listen to every kind of music, and to me it doesnt bother me if coldplay change their style as long as they make good music, ETIAW is a decent song and can become a summer hit.

Also about the similarities to other songs, oasis used to ripoff songs since

'definitely maybe" and "whats the story morning glory" and they're two of the best albums in music history

Please show me any actual track which can be compared with ETIAW!

Please!

There is nothing which is so great and big and experimental...!

There is NOTHING experimental about the song. Are you fucking mental?!

I'm getting a feeling that is not the song that is bad, but people that really dont listen to other kind of music, c'mon whats wrong with Hip-hop and R&B????

Do you want me to answer how I see it as a listener, or musician myself?

Let me answer it in both ways..

As a listener it becomes pretty boring to hear a song with all the same beat, especialy a whole album.. there isn't really something special that does where music all is about.

It's also especialy for people without a big creative mind, and that doesn't like changes.

As a musician myself:

Hip-hop, R&B and many other styles are 'not' music.

It doesn't follow a pattern.. it's like one pattern all over the song.

Even if it has a pattern, it doesn't really change much from the basic of the song.

With Pop, rock and especialy jazz, funk, blues etc. there is many variation and it needs more than you probably can ever imagine, creativity, variation and also improvisation.

Legend has it that the Coldplay section is defensive when it comes to saying something negative about the band. Okay, whatever, here goes.

I gave it a 4. That was nice. It might be a 2 or 3 in comparison with Coldplay's overall catalog, even though "Viva la Vida or Death and Blah Blah Blah" was hit-and-miss for me. I gave it a little nudge because if it's anything like "Viva la Vida" (the song), it has live potential, especially since Chris's voice isn't very pure in this studio version.

Whether this is the biggest single to come out of the next album may not be relevant, though. Yeah, "Violet Hill" wasn't released so far in advance before the album, but I ended up liking it better than probably half the album, and better than VLV too. But most songs on the album didn't sound like "Violet Hill" at all. But I could be in denial about this just because I'm so disappointed in this lead single.

EDIT: Damn, that was WAY LESS mean than I intended it to be.

Tell this Radiohead. King of Limbs is f*cking brilliant, although I understood it couple of weeks later.

No one said they should sound like Parachutes, but they definitely should have spirit form the old ones. Waterfall has nothing of it.

We need a band that can strike a balance between taking risks and at the same time being accessible to the general public. The music world needs another Beatles.

Cut away Chris's voice, and the last minute.. any current artist will fit.

Thank fuck there is someone who isnt starstruck by Coldplay. Theyre are a good band. Legendary. But that doesnt mean they cant release something thats shit.. Theyre human.

And this song is shit.

Epic and Euphoric

An absolutely amazing song - full of euphoria and joy. I love the boldness and the colours, the experimentation and the 'heart on sleeves' pumping thrill of it. Some people only want Coldplay to do sad introspection, but I love that sometimes they just say, 'Sod it, this makes us happy'. Also, I'd love anyone on here who's being negative to write a song that is a quarter as good as ETIAW.

Turn the volume up, open the windows and throw your arms in the air for this one.