✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

Do you want me to answer how I see it as a listener, or musician myself?

Let me answer it in both ways..

As a listener it becomes pretty boring to hear a song with all the same beat, especialy a whole album.. there isn't really something special that does where music all is about.

It's also especialy for people without a big creative mind, and that doesn't like changes.

As a musician myself:

Hip-hop, R&B and many other styles are 'not' music.

It doesn't follow a pattern.. it's like one pattern all over the song.

Even if it has a pattern, it doesn't really change much from the basic of the song.

With Pop, rock and especialy jazz, funk, blues etc. there is many variation and it needs more than you probably can ever imagine, creativity, variation and also improvisation.

+ million.

I don't listen hip-hop because I don't like it. Why I should like hip-hop from Coldplay? Of course hip-hop made billions in music industry, but hey, do Coldplay really need money?? Or new fans which likes hip-hop?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ million.

I don't listen hip-hop because I don't like it. Why I should like hip-hop from Coldplay? Of course hip-hop made billions in music industry, but hey, do Coldplay really need money?? Or new fans which likes hip-hop?

Maybe they dont need money,but want more,is a normal thing :D

Do you want me to answer how I see it as a listener, or musician myself?

Let me answer it in both ways..

As a listener it becomes pretty boring to hear a song with all the same beat, especialy a whole album.. there isn't really something special that does where music all is about.

It's also especialy for people without a big creative mind, and that doesn't like changes.

As a musician myself:

It doesn't follow a pattern.. it's like one pattern all over the song.

Even if it has a pattern, it doesn't really change much from the basic of the song.

With Pop, rock and especialy jazz, funk, blues etc. there is many variation and it needs more than you probably can ever imagine, creativity, variation and also improvisation.

Are you serious?!!! have you heard albums like Kanye West - My dark twisted fantasy, it was voted as the best album of 2010 by music critics like pitchfork and rolling stone

I heard ETIAW and its good and not repetitive at all, in fact the song is building up as it goes on

+ million.

Don't blame Coldplay, it's not their fault.. they can make tons of songs in their old styles.. but if (...) don't want them on their album.. than they won't be.

It's the other way.. with this song they are trying to be safer, this is the style that any band is doing lately.. they fit in the picture of the current music, it's the time.

They have the chance to bring it to a new era.. if they try that.. than they really have the guts.

I see what you mean, it's a totally valid opinion to me, but I really feel like it's the opposite. Hard to explain but I'll try

They're once again proving us that the most important thing for them is to surprise people, and not to be where they're expected. That's what they learned with X&Y... And changing, even if it is for something you'd say more mainstream, is a risk, and I think that it's one of the most risky things they could have done (going back to a AROBTTH sound and keeping a VLV sound would have been 2 safer bets).

And that move from them is saying that maybe there are good things in mainstream too, and that we should stop seeing a frontier between some kind of popular music and some kind of elitist music, it's just making us pretentious. I really like that kind of message, so this is also why I'm defending them here!

Maybe they dont need money,but want more,is a normal thing :D

This is not about their money.. ofcourse they get lots of money..... it's more about the (...).. they want to see $$$$$ and if they see more $$$$ in this style of music.. then they only accept Coldplay to release these songs.. :(

It doesn't follow a pattern.. it's like one pattern all over the song

Who cares as long as people really like it?

If you prefer songs with patterns, that's fine, and I'm on your side. But if people like music without patterns, just let them like it.

Really poor song. Cant believe this is the same band that wrote Careful Where You Stand or Amsterdam etc. Its the poppification of VLV x5. Heading in a downward direction. Maybe the album will be better?

i highly doubt the album will be any better. but we can pray.?

Are you serious?!!! have you heard albums like Kanye West - My dark twisted fantasy, it was voted as the best album of 2010 by music critics like pitchfork and rolling stone

I heard ETIAW and its good and not repetitive at all, in fact the song is building up as it goes on

Every single thing follows the era.. if there is not many choices between bands.. yeah than it's not weird that Kanye West was voted..

At first listen, I really disliked the beginning pop-ish sample. It really ticked me off from what I thought the song would be like. Hopefully the album isn't too far into pop crap that is popular these days. They need to make music for the music, not popularity.

It's called "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" and they said they were going for a more stripped-down, acoustic album. But it definitely is not that at all. It's more of a summer anthem dance-pop song. I was a bit disappointed but I think it's a grower.

Just another bit, I'm really used to Coldplay songs having that beautiful ending to every song. Even Christmas Lights had a touching ending to that song. Lovers in Japan had an epic ending with the guitar back to the main beat/melody.

But this song just doesn't hit the right place. The drum ending is obviously Will's idea, and I know it's something new for them to try, but it didn't make me think, "wow that song was epic." So I gave it a 7. It might be 7-8 after a few more listens.

I seriously hope this song is like the Violet Hill of this album, and there will be some underrated songs such as "Cemeteries of London", "Death and All His Friends", "Strawberry Swing", and "Lovers in Japan".

Really poor song. Cant believe this is the same band that wrote Careful Where You Stand or Amsterdam etc. Its the poppification of VLV x5. Heading in a downward direction. Maybe the album will be better?

That's true, songs like Careful Where You Stand are just... damn I get chills!

But this song.. does absolutely nothing

First impression was...hmmm different, but as the song goes on you realise it is a growing succession of the VLV Album. One may say Coldplay's style in RoBH and Parachutes is missed but, then again, those albums haven't gone away. If Coldplay produced another album similar to the two previously mentioned, it becomes quite ordinary and may suggest a lack of new ideas. The idea that the best of the band has been heard and that they're going backbto their safe zone would have also resulted. This single suggests the work of Coldplay is one of progress. We just mustn't forget, they're still the same awesome band we love. Thumbs up to being ever-learning and ever-maturing. Hope the rest of the album is awesome!

Don't blame Coldplay, it's not their fault.. they can make tons of songs in their old styles.. but if (...) don't want them on their album.. than they won't be.

Once again, no one wants Parachutes, AROBTH, etc. All we need is Coldplay spirit. It could even in disco song. Waterfall is short lived thing. At least for me. VLV has more unique sound then this single. And I don't really like VLV.

I did not know what to expect, the first seconds sounded a bit too techno for my liking but as it continued playing I liked it more and I think the guitar part is really good. It sounds different from all they've done til now. Considering they have tons of summer festivals ahead, this song choice makes sense. I like it.

I'm still expecting to hear something a bit different from this on the album cause I think they've done quite a lot of experimentation on this one and I'm curious.

I've been listening to it on repeat for like two hours :freak: I'm really looking forwards to hearing this live!

I agree with yoU

And I'll add it's a happy tune

i highly doubt the album will be any better. but we can pray.?

Yes and maybe you should organise some demonstrations against the new coldplay...

I would be too happy if someone like you sometimes later will say: I'm not a Coldplay fan.

Its ok if someone don't like the new music, but this shit with "they should go back to their roots" is so stupid and boring. You reduce a band or a musician to one boring theme and style but that would be a shame for such talented guys like Coldplay.

Accept it or look out for other bands which make the same music like AROBTTH - but please, be not suprised if this band wants also to develop or to change something...

This is an absolutely ordinary development, if you can't live with it than you have to change your favorite music band.

Once almost everybody has heard it I'll give you my humble opinion

I think the song is catchy, but it's not a brilliant song, really... not the one they'll be remembered

But I think that this one is not going to be finally in next album. Really. At least, I hope so...