✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Every time I listen to this song I really do think Coldplay have made their most perfect pop song yet. It is astonishingly excellent and catchy as hell! So much energy.

Every time I listen to this song I really do think Coldplay have made their most perfect pop song yet. It is astonishingly excellent and catchy as hell! So much energy.

Do you really consider CB as "pop song"? For me, the structure and arragement is too difficult for a pop song (no real chorus, no really easy lyrics to cry out live...). It seems more like a "alternative rock song" in my honest opinion.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Do you really consider CB as "pop song"? For me, the structure and arragement is too difficult for a pop song (no real chorus, no really easy lyrics to cry out live...). It seems more like a "alternative rock song" in my honest opinion.

I don't disagree with what you say. You make very good points particularly on the lyrics part which have a meaning/story behind them unlike the shit in the top 40 today. But I personally think Charlie Brown (isn't this the HLH thread though?! :D ) is a pop song. Don't be put off by the word "pop". There's trashy pop like your X Factor like guff and your Lady Gaga/Rihanna garbage, but then there is absolutely fantastic pop out there. The word pop has been stolen by (in my opinion) putrid acts like that but songs like Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown really take back. Charlie Brown and Hurts Like Heaven sound accessible like all pop music is meant to be. They both sound like songs that can sell a lot in terms of singles sales. They sound fresh, delightfully catchy and even loveable and ones which you could listen endlessly and which wouldn't age. That is what a pop song should be.

And for me Coldplay perfected the pop/rock sound on Viva La Vida. They perfected the alternative rock sound on their first two albums. Their 3rd....well it didn't really know what it wanted to be I believe.

Take The Beach Boys for example. AMAZING band who largely produced some of the most amazing songs ever (take a look at Pet Sounds or Today! - especially the former) with beautiful lyrics and intriguing structures. Even something less obvious like a-ha (they're much more your typical pop but some really good efforts from them) you've got to check out songs like Hunting High and Low, The Sun Always Shines On Tv, Train Of Thought and probably their best ever song I've Been Losing You.

the outro of Hurts like Heaven is simply my favorite bit of coldplay music ever

It is simply amazing! Can't to hear the studio version of it, the piano, the guitar, everything, may just be my favourite ending to a song :D

Charlie Brown is a perfect example of a coldplay song that

the fans love but all the coldplay haters despise about coldplay

I disagree, I think it will be on a similar ground to Yellow, and that is probably the 2nd least disliked or non Coldplay liker favourite if you know what I mean, obviously won't be as popular as Viva La Vida but don't think it will get much hate at all.

I really,really love it when Chris in the end still is singing "Hurts like heaveeeen"...like yesterday at the iTunes-Festival ! :dance:

totally agree :)

my favourite has to be jonny's guitar 'solo' about one minute in to the song.

haha, yes that's one. I was told that it isn't exactly a solo because there's still drumming but that's what i call it :P Also, i love that audio, thanks for that!

Also i have a question about chris' vocals in HLH. In the video below at about the 2:40 mark, is chris using like a voice effect to make his voice sound a little bit electronic??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kJiKOkezUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kJiKOkezUg[/ame]

July 26, 2011 - submitted by Samina, United States of America

Q. What songs did Coldplay perform at the iTunes Festival this year?

The Oracle replies:

It was pretty much the same setlist as most of the other festival shows but with the addition of Moving to Mars making its live debut.

*Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost!

The Scientist

Shiver

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Moving To Mars

Us Against The World

Politik

Viva la Vida

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

The encore:

Clocks

Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

*I know some will say they began with MX, but I'm not counting that as a track...

I've made a cover of this song but I want to perfect it before I show it to you guys. There is no singing, it's just instrumental, and obviously it won't be exactly the same. But I tried to make it as close as possible. I made this on Garageband so it's not the best way to make a cover.