✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my cover of the song. It isn't perfect, or how I wanted it to be exactly, but it's the best I've done. There are still a few things I would like to change after listening to a few different recordings, but I wanted to put it out there to see how people thought.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sArJoz-_EOY&feature=channel_video_title]‪Coldplay - MX/Hurts Like Heaven‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but fuck it. Has anybody wondered why the song is called Hurts Like Heaven and not...well,you know the phrase. Is it something they invented ( Chris and guys) or they copied it from somewhere?

Hey guys, I did a cover of Hurts like Heaven on piano a while back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y-orzsnhJ4]‪Coldplay - Hurts Like Heaven + MX (HQ piano cover)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Hope you like it :)

Hey guys, I did a cover of Hurts like Heaven on piano a while back.

Hope you like it :)

I saw this one right after I saw and heard your "Moving to Mars" cover. I found it to be almost as enthralling as the MTM cover (to which I'm more partial due to my personal preference for the song). It's amazing how you capture the soul of these songs in such a short period of time!

I've now heard five of your Coldplay LP5 covers and the original songs. They each have a unique, symbiotic relationship with one another in my estimation. I can appreciate each version of the songs more, having heard both. They are both stronger and more multidimensional with the other as a compliment... I hope this makes sense:confused::)

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your gift... I'm thoroughly enjoying your work!

I had a much stronger initial reaction to Charlie Brown but the more and more I listen to Hurts Like Heaven it's closing the gap fast. I still think I prefer Charlie Brown, but this is a great great song. Of the new material i've heard, I'd rank them:

Charlie Brown

Hurts Like Heaven

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Moving to Mars

Us Against the World

Major Minus

I had a much stronger initial reaction to Charlie Brown but the more and more I listen to Hurts Like Heaven it's closing the gap fast. I still think I prefer Charlie Brown, but this is a great great song. Of the new material i've heard, I'd rank them:

Charlie Brown

Hurts Like Heaven

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Moving to Mars

Us Against the World

Major Minus

I agree with your ranking here.

It'll be on there. This would be like saying Lovers in Japan wouldn't have been on Viva or The Scientist not on AROBTTH. And it's not like Life in Technicolor II where it was a work in progress, HLH was pretty much a finished product 6 weeks ago AND it was opening their shows.