✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven

Oh!

MX is the instrumental!

I though it was part of HLH.

Don't know if hLH is a better opener than Charlie brown

MX could be a hidden track of sorts for HLH--except that it comes at the beginning instead of the end

I think it could be a better opening than CB if they keep MX at the beginning--it would give the opening a LiT feel :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MX is the intro then the 'X' part probably stands for Xylophone. I actually like the idea of the album starting with MX and then going into Hurts Like Heaven. It's a fast song so it would be great to kick things off. The fact that they opened the set with Hurts Like Heaven suggests that it will be the album opener. it's like how they used to open with Politik during the AROBTTH days.

ahh! And how great were those days?! I LOVED LOVED LOVED that time in Coldplay history.... tis' my favorite album!!! But, um yeah.. I agree as well that it could be an album opener, but its still early in the game... and if they're gonna tour with this album (which of course they will) by the time the album drops.. the intro will be played out... tired? I dunno.. thats just me lol :p I'm excited either way!!! :dance:

I've had this song stuck in my head for two days. This would be a good single, radio friendly but still a nice song.

:thumbsup:

During the AROBTTH days they opened with Politik

During the X & Y days they opened with Square One

During the Viva days they opened with Life in Technicolor...

So it would make sense...

Although they only played a couple of shows... they could mix it up.

I can't even think of one gig they did during the Parachutes days...

I mean I know they probably toured back then but...

I don't think I ever saw a video of them during the Parachutes era.

I think it might have been Shiver, but not sure. I don't own too much Coldplay media from before AROBTTH... I kinda discovered them late in the game by the end of Parachutes era.. I do have a copy of the Barfly Sessions, i definitely gotta look that one up! :)

I think it might have been Shiver, but not sure. I don't own too much Coldplay media from before AROBTTH... I kinda discovered them late in the game by the end of Parachutes era.. I do have a copy of the Barfly Sessions, i definitely gotta look that one up! :)

Haha, I showed up last year, so I'm way too late for any of that :lol:

This is my favorite new song as of now!!Such an amazing tune and it will be a great opening song in the live concerts and album!!Love Jonny's solos and the speedman visuals!!Great upbeat tune and cant wait to hear it on the album!!So much energy and the boys looked like they were happy and having a great time playing it!!!

Could be my statement ! ;)

Haha, I showed up last year, so I'm way too late for any of that :lol:

thats the beauty about a band like Coldplay.... I know many of the members on here came on board with X&Y.... which to me, happens to be my least liked album, but there are others who swear by it! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Coldplay is a band that always manages to take their music to the next level and therefore always seem to get new fans with every album they drop.... :)

I'm sure this fits in as the song that was earlier described by chris a couple of months as, loosely quoted, "mostly two chords" - it is, Bb and Ebm, and where "Johnny comes alive on guitar".

I really think from what we've heard from the songs so far and this one in particular that it's time for Johnny boy to shine

I'm sure this fits in as the song that was earlier described by chris a couple of months as, loosely quoted, "mostly two chords" - it is, Bb and Ebm, and where "Johnny comes alive on guitar".

I really think from what we've heard from the songs so far and this one in particular that it's time for Johnny boy to shine

He's definitely going to be the one that stands out on this album :wink3:

I love how his riffs in HLH are all just a little bit different so that you don't get bored of them halfway through :laugh3:

Or...

I just had a thought. It's stupid, but I'll still share.

MX could be initials of the album title. Just two words and starts with M?

So I'm not (going crazy?) alone!! :cool: I do think so, I think anything "MX"ed will be more comercial than "Major Minus".

tumblr_lhmhx2hzsW1qcipuw.gif

This entire thread is amazing

WOOT Finally I find someone from Jersey who's a fan...good god I was starting to freak out...lmao sorry about that..

LP5! Does anyone know what the album name might be? Starts with an M and 2 words...Major Minus?

You can really see Jonny's progression since back in the Parachutes days... and I think its so amazing to have followed him through that journey. He really has become very comfortable up there with his guitar and doesn't mind the spotlight on his solos, as to where back then he was a bit shy.. I don't know if it came from working with Eno? I can feel some heavily influenced "The Edge" sounds.... its all still very Jonny. Did that make sense?? I really enjoy watching them on stage... this tour/album shouldn't prove to be any different. I'm excited!! :dancing:

MX + HLH = LOVE

I think it would be nice if they opened with MX, followed by HLH. MX gives me the feeling that something great is about to happen. I'm looking forward to close my eyes, listen to LP5 for the first time and thinking "This is why I love Coldplay", and then HLH plays, a great song that fits great to the concept of the album. Even though it might be a little like LiT and CoL, this is different, because this is LP5, this is going to be epic!

I think it would be nice if they opened with MX, followed by HLH. MX gives me the feeling that something great is about to happen. I'm looking forward to close my eyes, listen to LP5 for the first time and thinking "This is why I love Coldplay", and then HLH plays, a great song that fits great to the concept of the album. Even though it might be a little like LiT and CoL, this is different, because this is LP5, this is going to be epic!

That's exactly what I'm going to do :smug:

^ +1 :D

I think that's what I'll be doing all day.

Seriously, I took work off and listened to VLV alllllll day that day when it came out! And it was AWESOME!

That's why I hope LP5 won't drop on a school day--there's no way my parents would let me skip school for Coldplay :uhoh: Although I think it's a credible excuse :shrug:

I just wanna hear more songs!

June 27th!!! :dance:

hey :)

i just found a really good quality version of this song when they played it at glastonbury yesterday :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0WFYzgmlhA&feature=BFa&list=ULcwzNxrdhKWg&index=8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0WFYzgmlhA&feature=BFa&list=ULcwzNxrdhKWg&index=8[/ame]

this is definitely one of their best songs in my opinion :)

btw, i'm new to this forum so i hope this is the right thread to post this in :)