✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another awesome song that reminds me a lot of something that could be on The Suburbs

I thought exactly the same thing.

This song is coldplay meets arcade fire. I freaking love it. I have ALWAYS wanted them to make a song like this!!

This song should be a prime example of a song that I think is lame, but in fact, I love it, and I can't help it.

It's growing on me. I was like 'meh' after the first time, but I think I like it more than Charlie Brown now. I love the guitars (Jonny ftw) and also the warm basses, and the latter is something I don't say about many songs.

If MX is the intro then the 'X' part probably stands for Xylophone. I actually like the idea of the album starting with MX and then going into Hurts Like Heaven. It's a fast song so it would be great to kick things off. The fact that they opened the set with Hurts Like Heaven suggests that it will be the album opener. it's like how they used to open with Politik during the AROBTTH days.

If MX is the intro then the 'X' part probably stands for Xylophone. I actually like the idea of the album starting with MX and then going into Hurts Like Heaven. It's a fast song so it would be great to kick things off. The fact that they opened the set with Hurts Like Heaven suggests that it will be the album opener. it's like how they used to open with Politik during the AROBTTH days.

They NEED to start opening with Politik again (with the intro they used in the Live 2003 DVD and the countdown from X&Y days included, of course) :wacky:

During the AROBTTH days they opened with Politik

During the X & Y days they opened with Square One

During the Viva days they opened with Life in Technicolor...

So it would make sense...

Although they only played a couple of shows... they could mix it up.

Does no one else think this the style of Arcade Fire, specifically a part of "Month of May"? From the tempo to the tone and play of the guitar, that's what i instantly thought of. This song and Major Minus seem to have more indie vibe than Coldplay is used to. I think its gonna have to grow on me a bit.

During the AROBTTH days they opened with Politik

During the X & Y days they opened with Square One

During the Viva days they opened with Life in Technicolor...

So it would make sense...

Although they only played a couple of shows... they could mix it up.

What did they open with during the Parachutes days? o.o

But since the guys don't have a final tracklisting, it could be a song that we haven't heard yet

What did they open with during the Parachutes days? o.o

But since the guys don't have a final tracklisting, it could be a song that we haven't heard yet

I can't even think of one gig they did during the Parachutes days...

I mean I know they probably toured back then but...

I don't think I ever saw a video of them during the Parachutes era.