✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Jonny has finally become a worthy guitarist! :D Cartoon Heart, Up With the Birds and Hurts Like Heaven are all awesome guitar songs!

Totally agree.

tumblr_lki0agdjHh1qixleeo1_500.gif

It's sooooooooo good. Chris singing style is so different. This would be a great summer single and imo more different from VLV ( I think that ETIAW is kinda like a Prospkets song .. I mean its more evolved but it reminds me of Prospekts )

Jonny's guitar playing . . . :stunned: I don't really know how to explain it, but it's just so great to hear him being featured more than usual in a song. That first guitar solo sounded fantastic.

Still not keen on the title "Hurts Like Heaven", though. :P

This is probably my second-favorite of the new ones. Wow. I hope we get a bit of a better idea of the lyrics with subsequent performances, but it's great.

I hate the name, however, haha. I dislike it as much as the title of ETIAW.

The Title listed during the broadcast was "MX". Don't know what it stands for but they have it painted all over the place. :P

This is the best new song i think,the studio version can be really good on the album.

I have some hope that LP5 will have some good songs afterall but not much like the first 3 LP's

LP5 will be the most electronic album that's for sure.

My only worry with these songs is that the studio versions will be worse than the live performances due to over-producing them and adding too many sound effects or reverb that isn't needed. It's also promising to see that all of the new songs performed are indeed mostly stripped-down. It also make me wonder whether ETIAW will be on the album, it's so different from the other songs perfomed. If it is on the album, it'll probably be the weakest track by quite a distance and a terrible way to close it.

Agree.

The Title listed during the broadcast was "MX". Don't know what it stands for but they have it painted all over the place. :P

I think that was some sort of brief screw-up, because toward the end of the song, it DID list the title "Hurts Like Heaven".

I'm not sold on this one. Of the 5 new songs played yesterday, this was one of the two I just can't get into for the life of me (though I don't detest it like I detest ETIAW). It strikes me as a generic pop song, which would be fine if it had a fun chorus and a catchy melody, but it doesn't.

As for future live performances, fireworks are fun and all, but I prefer "Charlie Brown" as an opener like at Rock im Park.

I think that was some sort of brief screw-up, because toward the end of the song, it DID list the title "Hurts Like Heaven".

I'm not sold on this one. Of the 5 new songs played yesterday, this was one of the two I just can't get into for the life of me (though I don't detest it like I detest ETIAW). It strikes me as a generic pop song, which would be fine if it had a fun chorus and a catchy melody, but it doesn't.

As for future live performances, fireworks are fun and all, but I prefer "Charlie Brown" as an opener like at Rock im Park.

Yeah, I thought that the "MX" thing was a mess-up too, because they also displayed the title "Hurts Like Heaven" as well. I thought maybe "MX" was the intro bit or something, but I really think the broadcasters just got confused. "MX" is definitely something, though, whether a song we haven't heard yet or the real title of the song or the title of...something else. It's painted on the instruments and obviously has been on the website for a long time, like Angie said :D.

That said, I'd prefer it to be called "MX," even though I have no idea what that means, just because it sounds cooler than "Hurts Like Heaven" :lol:

This is my favorite new song as of now!!Such an amazing tune and it will be a great opening song in the live concerts and album!!Love Jonny's solos and the speedman visuals!!Great upbeat tune and cant wait to hear it on the album!!So much energy and the boys looked like they were happy and having a great time playing it!!!