✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Great / epic song :D!?

tom043

This is such an amazing song. It reminds me a bit of See You Soon (live version) :)

here's a video from glastonbury. You'll see that it's not a perfect version at 2:12... but chris' reaction is so good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG235xDa3Qk&feature=related

definitely one of my favourites

I thought his reaction was extremely professional and perfect. It made me so mad because I was at a friend's house and this guy was sitting at the table behind me and he said "Wow, he doesn't even know the words. I hate it when I'm so good that I can't remember my own lyrics." and he said real snarky too. I ripped that kid to shreds. I loved it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww the performance of this song at Glasto was so cute. Will said 'river to a rainbow' instead of 'river to a raindrop', and the two of them wanted to crack up so bad... Which is why I love Chris' reaction. He says he messed the song up when it was Will who got the lyrics wrong, and Will turned so red! :P

I wonder why Will was even thinking of rainbows... Perhaps he had been staring at that LGBT rainbow flag all night? :P

Us Against The World

My drunkenness isn't (beggin') in a lion's den.

And tonight I know it all has to begin again,

Ha its "My drunken head's a Daniel in a lion's den" does no one know their bible stories?!

I personally haven't heard a Coldplay song ever that I haven't loved. I love Parachutes, I love A Rush of Blood, I love X & Y, I love Viva, and so far I love everything i've heard (Including ETIAW) from LP5

Of course, I meant nothing bad about Him, just thought it was funny.

Fun story: I'm trying to get the girl I like to cover UATW with me in the role of Will. :lol:

Heh. I can't do that actually. My voice is more between low and medium. But for few days I'm trying to convince my guitarist/long-time-friend to perform it with me. Of course he would sing the Will part. But yeah like you I would be more happy to do that if the one I like.

Like the song, especially the lyrics, and was so surprised at how Will can sound sublime! Almost like a woman. But great song nevertheless.

Well it's not even his best. Listen to LRLRL's version of The Hardest Part. Well that's very high.

UATW @ the Heineken Open'er Festival kicked ass so much :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys but I have to tell you a long story about my experience:

Last night I was in such a romantic mood that I decided to hear Us against the World right after The Scientist (Live at Glastonbury) to end my day. I didn't hear Us against the World because I wanted to safe some songs for October... but as I said, yesterday I wanted to hear the song. So, back to last night. While I lied in my bed, every light was out, just me and my bed and my mp3-player. I selected the Live @ Oxegen ordner and pushed the play button of Us against the world.

After the second line I was sure that this song will be great and it created such a warm feeling inside, can't describe it, but I simply was happy, because this was a proof that there is another new song which I will really love. Then the songs goes on, the little refrain "Through chaos..................................... its us against the world......" blow me away. Then this little pause and Will comes in...just wonderful. At this point I noticed that I get teary-eyed... Will have such a lovely voice and in combination with Chris its amazing! Then this great part "And If we could float away, fly up to the surface and just start again" and I have to say: at this point I cried and cried and cried... the tears just came streaming down my face. :cry:

Also when Guy follows them - his bass is so breathtaking and I love that little instrumental part so much...and the tears came down my face again... and then: this lovely ending of the song.... oh my god, maybe you can't believe it (I still can't believe it) but I had to cry 15 minutes long after the first listening to Us against the world!

Really, I don't know why. The song is simply mind-blowing! In fact, I cried also because I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of the new song and this made me really happy but on the other side this song is so deeply emtional and it deeply touched my soul in a very special way.

From this point, for me this song is better and more emotional than The Scientist (which I love without reserve) and I swear you: If Us against the world is just a B-Side or not on the LP I will find a way to make Coldplay cry. I swear it! I want Us against the World as a single, it would be interesting how the audience react on this song but I hope it will be a constant in the setlists of Coldplay!

Now I finish my little story, it was a very emotional night for me. ;)

Sorry for all my grammar mistakes. :P

EDIT: I forget to mention that UatW is another great song of the new songes which prooves that LP5 is going to be perfect. I'm really sure that this song will be one of Coldplays best and biggest numbers.

Sorry guys but I have to tell you a long story about my experience:

Last night I was in such a romantic mood that I decided to hear Us against the World right after The Scientist (Live at Glastonbury) to end my day. I didn't hear Us against the World because I wanted to safe some songs for October... but as I said, yesterday I wanted to hear the song. So, back to last night. While I lied in my bed, every light was out, just me and my bed and my mp3-player. I selected the Live @ Oxegen ordner and pushed the play button of Us against the world.

After the second line I was sure that this song will be great and it created such a warm feeling inside, can't describe it, but I simply was happy, because this was a proof that there is another new song which I will really love. Then the songs goes on, the little refrain "Through chaos..................................... its us against the world......" blow me away. Then this little pause and Will comes in...just wonderful. At this point I noticed that I get teary-eyed... Will have such a lovely voice and in combination with Chris its amazing! Then this great part "And If we could float away, fly up to the surface and just start again" and I have to say: at this point I cried and cried and cried... the tears just came streaming down my face. :cry:

Also when Guy follows them - his bass is so breathtaking and I love that little instrumental part so much...and the tears came down my face again... and then: this lovely ending of the song.... oh my god, maybe you can't believe it (I still can't believe it) but I had to cry 15 minutes long after the first listening to Us against the world!

Really, I don't know why. The song is simply mind-blowing! In fact, I cried also because I was so overwhelmed by the beauty of the new song and this made me really happy but on the other side this song is so deeply emtional and it deeply touched my soul in a very special way.

From this point, for me this song is better and more emotional than The Scientist (which I love without reserve) and I swear you: If Us against the world is just a B-Side or not on the LP I will find a way to make Coldplay cry. I swear it! I want Us against the World as a single, it would be interesting how the audience react on this song but I hope it will be a constant in the setlists of Coldplay!

Now I finish my little story, it was a very emotional night for me. ;)

Sorry for all my grammar mistakes. :P

EDIT: I forget to mention that UatW is another great song of the new songes which prooves that LP5 is going to be perfect. I'm really sure that this song will be one of Coldplays best and biggest numbers.

Good Point, but i cant really cry when hearing a Song although i fricking live Music.

The First time i nearly cried was in Return of the Champions "Bohemian Rhapsody" when Freddy takes his Bow and Smiles at the Big Screen in the Background while the Audience sings "nothing really matters to me", Long story short..

Your right the Song is amazing but as good as "The Scientist"?

Cant really tell because i love "The Scientist" with the great Pianosounds but hey...

thats my Opinion

Of course it's as good as The Scientist.

And I had a similiar situation to the friend above.

When I was at their concert, well The Scientist gave me a lot of shivers. I was really happy to hear it live and so on. But when they started Us Against The World - the song for which I waited so much - I just cried the whole song and almost missed it. And when I saw Will I couldn't really control my emotions anymore o.O That was fabulous.

Your right the Song is amazing but as good as "The Scientist"?

Cant really tell because i love "The Scientist" with the great Pianosounds but hey...

thats my Opinion

Yeah, I really accept your opinion, the taste is different, but for me the Scientist is more predictable and more simple in the whole arrangement. The Lyrics are a way better, I rarely see better Lyrics then in Us against the world. Don't get me wrong. The Scientist is a great great song, I will never say something against it, but for me, Us against the world touched my soul a bit stronger.

@The Champion

Nice to see that I'm not emotional "disabled" ;) - and that there are some other guys who think the same way.

Actually, one can't really judge objectively which song is better .. listening to the song is such an emotional process. different songs touch the soul of an individual in different way and the songs become very personal and "private", so that's so hard to argue about it .. what "UAtW" is for you, "MTM" is the same for me ... when i first listened to it, i didn't really let the song to finish, i just re-played it again and again after every 1min and 70 seconds .. i guess i listened just the beginning of the song dozens of time .. it sounded so beautiful to me i just couldn't stop and get tired of it .. I could really feel my heart beating to that song .. then i become curious what was coming after that piano intro and played the whole song finally, lol :

Actually, one can't really judge objectively which song is better .. listening to the song is such an emotional process. different songs touch the soul of an individual in different way and the songs become very personal and "private", so that's so hard to argue about it .. what "UAtW" is for you, "MTM" is the same for me ... when i first listened to it, i didn't really let the song to finish, i just re-played it again and again after every 1min and 70 seconds .. i guess i listened just the beginning of the song dozens of time .. it sounded so beautiful to me i just couldn't stop and get tired of it .. I could really feel my heart beating to that song .. then i become curious what was coming after that piano intro and played the whole song finally, lol :

Thats exactly what I said. I don't want to say: Hey guys, listen to me: UATW is better than The Scientist. I just said that UATW is for me the better song because it touched my soul a bit deeper than The Scientist (which is a great song and touches my soul every time again).

• 5 weeks later...

I can't make up my mind about UATW. For one, I really like the melody, the flow of it, and Will's subtle voice at 'and if we could float away' melts me,for sure. Then again, I find the lyrics rather puzzling and unclear, I mean, there are beautiful lines as always but they don't seem cohesive enough, not to me.

to me UATW sounds stylistically like NMFWTG and Til Kingdom Come, but that being said, it is by far better than those two. UATW seems more organic with a richer sound and when the bass and piano come in i really like the depth they give it. the lyrics are hands down the best we've heard so far, personally i think this song lyrically is on par with anything from A Rush of Blood to the Head era.