✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Great / epic song :D!?

tom043

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always been hard for me to just immediately love or like a song on first listen; it is hard to pick up all the lyrics (especially with a live version), along with absorbing the music, it just takes a few listens to truly understand or know a song.

I say that to say this.

This song is so amazing that on first listen it actually brought a few tears to my eyes much like other songs do on occasion that I needed a dozen or so listens before they truly affected me like this one did immediately.

I suppose every one has a song with lyrics that are more relevant to them than others, but for me and my wife, these lyrics couldn't be more relevant and touching.

There is probably no way I could make my own personal Top 10 Coldplay songs, but if I did, I'd have trouble leaving this one out of it.

^ The same.

And I love the lyrics so much. They're all beautiful but the parts:

"Like a river to a raindrop, I lost a friend"

and

"And if we could float away, fly up to the surface and just start again.

Lift off before troubles just erodes us in the rain"

are so sad yet so powerful that it's really touching.

UATW - definitely my favourite new song. It's just so amazingly beautiful, it calls back See You Soon and Till Kingdom Come (if only because of Will on the keyboard).

I'm curious to see what they might do with it in terms of instrumentation because this song could definitely be very cool if it was just a tad louder, esp in the piano department. But as is it's perfect.

Through chaos as it swirls, it´s us against the world....

Forget any comment I have made before. This song is wonderful: I am just a johnny-come-lately to this realization! That said, I LOVE all the other new songs, including ETIAW and they just get better and better with each listen!

including ETIAW? :inquisitive: i guess "Friday" gets better which each listen -.-

Probably my favorite song from this era so far. I like how Chris says at the beginning "This is a slow song, you can sleep if you want"

"What SLEEPING during a Coldplay show. Are you fucking insane?" That's what I said.

This song alone is worth the 10$ for the album.

I'm sure that Will's vocals will feature more prominently on the studio recording than in the live performances... well I hope so anyway!

Yesyesyesyes to this!

Will is a fantastic singer and I'm quite surprised he hasn't had any prominent role in singing besides Death Will Never Conquer. Which he is absolutely amazing on!!

Yesyesyesyes to this!

Will is a fantastic singer and I'm quite surprised he hasn't had any prominent role in singing besides Death Will Never Conquer. Which he is absolutely amazing on!!

Exactly that. I love you.

Will is EPIC and LOVELY and FUCKING AMAZING.

Ya, that's all.

Exactly that. I love you.

Will is EPIC and LOVELY and FUCKING AMAZING.

Ya, that's all.

Back at you man!! Completely! He is a BEAST and DOMINATES those drums. :] But not even just that he knows so many more instruments he is so freakin talented it's crazy! Incredible voice. Incredible musician. Try beating that. Oh, right. Not possibleeee!

This is such an amazing song. It reminds me a bit of See You Soon (live version) :)

here's a video from glastonbury. You'll see that it's not a perfect version at 2:12... but chris' reaction is so good

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG235xDa3Qk&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG235xDa3Qk&feature=related[/ame]

definitely one of my favourites