✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Major Minus: Studio v Live?

busybeeburns

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIVE. The live version has so much raw energy its ridiculous. The studio version is missing so many things...Jonny's harmonics on the interludes & Will's crashes and rimshots are just to name a few. Also, I absolutely hate whatever filter they put on Chris' voice. I'm so disappointed that they overproduced quite possibly what was going to be my favorite song on LP5. Sigh.

well be happy then , it's not going to be on the LP , I think it's a b-side.

Anyway i think the studio will grow on you, but at the moment i prefer live

I really think this is a case of having the wrong expectations based on the live version we all heard before the studio version. If Major Minus will make it as a song in LP5, I think we will all be able to appreciate it in its context. I was also disappointed by the studio version at first listen, but then I kinda let myself sink in the mood of the song and I realized just how dark this track really is (which is not really conveyed in the live version). If you can let yourself be transported into the dark distorted mood the track is painting, I think you will like it :)

I voted for the live version, which is unusual since I don't usually like live version, especially because Chris sometimes tends to change the vocals too much. But this time I prefer the song live because I prefer Chris' voice in its natural beauty. On the other hand, I think the music is veeery good in both versions.

Funny how such a question was really never posed before with songs from VLV for example...I am sure no one wonders which version is better, because we all appreciate them because they are different. I think this question came up simply because we heard the live version first...I always thought it was a weird way for Coldplay to premiere their songs. Maybe they have a masterplan...I certainly hope so. Otherwise it's a bit confusing to hear so many songs live first and then the studio version...it's nearly always bound to disappoint

I think the voice is probably being distorted so they don't give away the whole song before they release it. That being said, I still prefer the studio version. Who knows, they may undistort the voice for the official release.

Funny how such a question was really never posed before with songs from VLV for example...I am sure no one wonders which version is better, because we all appreciate them because they are different. I think this question came up simply because we heard the live version first...I always thought it was a weird way for Coldplay to premiere their songs. Maybe they have a masterplan...I certainly hope so. Otherwise it's a bit confusing to hear so many songs live first and then the studio version...it's nearly always bound to disappoint

There are a few songs I first heard live and it never that such a big effect on me. I also heard Teardrop only once with an iphone (no headphones => bad quality) before I heard it live. And even though I have a slight preference for Teardrop's live version, I wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

Studio just blows me the first time i heard it I noticed why the volume is kinda low at the start of the song

so i cranked the volume then i was startled when jonnys guitar starts and oohhs go on damn gets me pumping :DDDDD

the element of suprise

i actually love both versions so...

wow...

kinda nervous posting here..

but here goes...

ok i live here in the states (thats what you guys call it right)

maybe we're not used to new releases from coldplay that often but i really liked major minus and moving to mars.

out where i live the radio is super crappy.

also i have a question for anyone who can answer...whats wrong with x-y?

thats the album that got me into coldplay

i love square one although talk does suck huge ass donkey junk..

and by the way...you're welcome for kings of leon..