✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Okay, so I feel like I have to apologize for asking for advices and contaminating this thread by the simple fact of being a radiohead noob...

But somehow you just proved again what I've always thought of radiohead fans, too many of them are just arrogant pricks. It's not because you listen to radiohead that you're genius, Thom Yorke probably is, you're not ;)

Of course I'm not saying all RH fans are like that, fortunately there are people like Alexa who made me wanna listen to them cause she loves their music without having a huge ego because of that.

I won't bother you anymore, dear superior human beings.

We radiohead fans are smarter, more attractive and generally better than everyone else and that's a fact, but don't worry, as long as you like Kid A and OK Computer you'll enter our elitist club because only superior beings can like Radiohead.

We radiohead fans are smarter, more attractive and generally better than everyone else and that's a fact, but don't worry, as long as you like Kid A and OK Computer you'll enter our elitist club because only superior beings can like Radiohead.

haha...Sweet...I'm in!

You take me as an idiot cos english isn't my native language, and that, IS PRETENTIOUS.

Yes, you're a fucking prick, and you're trying to defend yourself cos you thought all Radiohead fans would laugh at your silly joke and agree with you, and since it didn't happen and it made you look like a prick, now you want to make yourself look good.

Whatever it is, I don't really give a fuck anymore. I overreacted cos she's my friend and she was asking nicely, and everyone tried to help her until you came and made that shit comment.

Still going to think I'm stupid and that I don't understand shit cos I'm not british?

Go buy a plant and shove it up your pretentious ass.

i don't take you as an idiot because english isn't your native language. you slipped up because of that and anyone can make that mistake. i take you as an idiot because you still don't understand.

if you look further up i made a serious comment first, suggesting ok computer. then somebody else started talking about a thread for recommendations and i specifically started my post acknowledging that and then said it wouldn't be a long thread as that is all you'd have to say.

the pretentiousness i add on purpose

Might be hard to believe, but there are some people (and in your case, men) that lack of any respect and do tell people (and girls, in this case) to fuck off.

well that's hard luck i guess but nothing to do with me. had you read the post and seen how obviously i was talking to somebody else and not the girl asking for recommendations and stopped praying for drama you'd have realised.

does this mean you think the guy who agreed with the 'controversial' post is saying she should fuck off too? because he clearly isn't, he can just understand.

I slipped up? WTF, just because you didn't quote, and you don't use smileys, AT ALL, and because I'm not listening to you to sense the sarcastic tone doesn't mean I have to go all guru and just know that it was sarcasm.

Pick your words next time you want to be sarcastic. Cos she wasn't the only one who thought you were being an ass, and that's not a language thing anymore. Choose your words before posting if you're going to make a silly joke.

Y'know, in case it was a joke.

Go on, keep asking every single person in the forum to come and look at the thread. I bet that'll make you feel protected.

I slipped up? WTF, just because you didn't quote, and you don't use smileys, AT ALL, and because I'm not listening to you to sense the sarcastic tone doesn't mean I have to go all guru and just know that it was sarcasm.

Pick your words next time you want to be sarcastic. Cos she wasn't the only one who thought you were being an ass, and that's not a language thing anymore. Choose your words before posting if you're going to make a silly joke.

Y'know, in case it was a joke.

Go on, keep asking every single person in the forum to come and look at the thread. I bet that'll make you feel protected.

right, had i told a girl to fuck off i'm sure everybody would have had a go at me, and rightly so. but no, nobody else mentioned it because everybody else understood. it was obvious. i don't use smileys because they aren't needed.

the fact i'm willing to let other people see this means it's likely i'm pretty sure i'm in the right and i want others to see how ridiculous and naive you are being.

right, had i told a girl to fuck off i'm sure everybody would have had a go at me, and rightly so. but no, nobody else mentioned it because everybody else understood. it was obvious. i don't use smileys because they aren't needed.

the fact i'm willing to let other people see this means it's likely i'm pretty sure i'm in the right and i want others to see how ridiculous and naive you are being.

You're deluded. Ricardo made a clear joke about you being pretentious and then showing his pride of being a Radiohead fan, also mocking at the fact of people thinking we're annoying, depressed and rude.

Mike did mention he agreed with me.

And she did feel offended, you should worry more about explaining it TO HER, instead of trying to prove me wrong.

And well, has it ocurred to you that maybe people just don't want trouble and just decided to ignore your comment?

there are a few quotes missing, like where other people make suggestions but this is the main parts of it. read it again and if you honestly think i'm telling her personally to fuck off and that i'm not being sarcastic to somebody else then fair enough, but you are misunderstood and there's nothing more to say. you can keep thinking i'm a pretentious asshole and i'll be all smug knowing i'm right and i'll let my ego grow ever greater. as for the fact joke ricardo made about the pretentiousness of radiohead fans what do you think i was doing in a roundabout way when i suggested if someone 'didn't have the balls for kid a'? just a passing statement which you blew out of proportion. and this discussion with you will be read by the grl who was offended and she seems to believe the exact same as you so me talking to you and explaining things means it reaches her too. the fact she is offended is up to her, but if she reads through again she should understand there was no harm intended. if not that's up to her.

So I'm finally getting into radiohead, yay!

I started with the best of and I really like it, so which album should I listen to now? :wacko:

ok computer

it has a bit of everything

Thank you! :cheesy:

How many times has this thread been a Radiohead recommendation thread? I'm not going anywhere with that statement, and there is no implied meaning. Just an observation.

haha yeah, i've noticed that too.

perhaps there should be a new thread that way if anyone wants to get into them they go to that thread

it wouldn't be a long thread

listen to the bends/in rainbows and okc +best of. then kid a and if you don't have the balls for that fuck off and stop wasting our time :cool:

ha.. yeah true

there are a few quotes missing, like where other people make suggestions but this is the main parts of it. read it again and if you honestly think i'm telling her personally to fuck off and that i'm not being sarcastic to somebody else then fair enough, but you are misunderstood and there's nothing more to say. you can keep thinking i'm a pretentious asshole and i'll be all smug knowing i'm right and i'll let my ego grow ever greater. as for the fact joke ricardo made about the pretentiousness of radiohead fans what do you think i was doing in a roundabout way when i suggested if someone 'didn't have the balls for kid a'? just a passing statement which you blew out of proportion. and this discussion with you will be read by the grl who was offended and she seems to believe the exact same as you so me talking to you and explaining things means it reaches her too. the fact she is offended is up to her, but if she reads through again she should understand there was no harm intended. if not that's up to her.

YES YES YES YES, I know which posts, and you made the terrible mistake to post what you posted when she was asking for recommendations, cos you weren't specific and it did look like it was directed to her. You didn't quote anyone.

You want me to explain your little mistake to her? LOL, coward.

Go send her a vm or pm I dunno, I'm not the one who offended her.

YES YES YES YES, I know which posts, and you made the terrible mistake to post what you posted when she was asking for recommendations, cos you weren't specific and it did look like it was directed to her. You didn't quote anyone.

You want me to explain your little mistake to her? LOL, coward.

Go send her a vm or pm I dunno, I'm not the one who offended her.

no, the fact this is a messageboard means she can read all this, so if she has read all this and still honestly thinks i was attacking her she can be offended for all i care because she will be just as ridiculously misunderstood as yourself. i didn't ask for you to explain me to her at all. once again, you are misunderstanding :rolleyes:

YOU DON'T NEED TO QUOTE WHEN IT'S FUCKING OBVIOUS, WHICH IS WHY THE_GLOAMING UNDERSTOOD AND SAID 'HAHA, YEAH'.

i have nothing more to say to you, you just don't understand

so anyways, who has got the balls for kid a?

i never really found it difficult to get into at all, but that's probably because i was in to a few things of similar genre when i heard it anyway, and i didn't hear it till about 2004. had i heard it in 2001 i don't know if i'd have found it as easy since i was really into early the strokes and white stripes back then.

who heard it on release and who heard it later on, and do you think it affected its ability to click for you?

Hey I didn't want to create a fight here...

what's the deal with you kids not understanding sarcasm?

Well there's a language thing but it's already been said, and even after reading your post several times I don't think it's funny, but yeah I probably misunderstood

The thing which bugged me is you guys talking of creating a new thread for noobs, now that is pretentious. I'm glad they are actually people in here not making RH fans look like you do.