✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

details about Phil's solo album on NME:

Radiohead drummer Phil Selway reveals solo album details

Radiohead drummer Phil Selway is set to release his debut solo album later this year.

'Familial' is released on August 30. was produced by Ian Davenport, who works at Radiohead's Oxfordshire base, Courtyard Studios. Singer/songwriter Lisa Germano, former Soul Coughing bassist Sebastian Steinberg, Wilco drummer Glenn Kotche and multi-instrumentalist Patrick Sansone have contributed to the music.

The cover art for the album is pictured.

philipselwayalbum020610.jpg

Selway began performing solo in 2001 as part of the '7 Worlds Collide' charity project. They played gigs as part of the project last year.

Radiohead are currently working on their new album in Los Angeles. It will be the follow-up to 2007's 'In Rainbows'.

The tracklisting of 'Familial' is:

'By Some Miracle'

'Beyond Reason'

'A Simple Life'

'All Eyes On You'

'The Ties That Bind Us'

'Patron Saint'

'Falling'

'Broken Promises'

'Don't Look Down'

'The Witching Hour'

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/51334

i hope this doesn't mean that Radiohead LP8 will be pushed back because Phil will need to promote the new album. If that's the case I hope then the band members get this solo doing stuff out of their system (these next months or by the end of the year) and get back to Radiohead LP8. It's been 3 years since In Rainbows.

I'm interested in hearing it. Especially because Wilco folk contributed.

I'm somewhat interested in hearing it to see what Phil's songwriting style is in terms of composition/lyrics/etc.

However I did listen to the two songs he did of his own with 7 worlds collide. they were ok, but nothing that stuck out too much (i haven't listened to the songs in months)

edit: on a side note also Radiohead's manager is going to be on BBC6 tomorrow announcing something (no idea if this is related to Phil, LP8, new record label, or other rumors floating around)

from DAS

Office Chart for a week off

For all the nerds who are marveling, like me, at Red Dead Redemption: here's a different kind of office chart.....

Braid (various)

Marathon (Mac)

Goldeneye (N64)

Elite (BBC Micro)

Cave Story (various)

Ico (PS2)

Red Dead Redemption (PS3)

Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)

Zelda Twighlight Princess (Wii)

Half Life 1 and 2 (Mac, PS3)

Having written that, I think Ico might be the best one. Now back to Bonnie's ranch....

Jonny

Meh, it's just something about the music industry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20100603_brianmessage.shtml

Oh, and the guy said it would be unlikely that Radiohead would sign to a label for longterm.

109705868.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1275566660&Signature=MB%2FxaOvVPMSWge0vJ%2FVKA04mLZA%3D

WTF. :freak:

once again another uninformative interview on band's progress. I really don't understand why they don't post anything related to the band on their blog anymore. No lyric snippits, no pictures, no updates on where they are, nothing. I get the impression that it won't be until at the very least 2011 for a new album (at the rate they take to record it might not be until 2012). Their manager mentioned that he doesn't know about an Atoms for Peace album for this year so clearly it is still in the works. I have this feeling that there will be a new Atoms for Peace album and tour before we get anything new from Radiohead. I hope that I'm wrong.

edit: at least there are many more bands with albums/tours this year, and i'm not obsessed over the band (aka checking DAS every couple hours, or going on atease) as I was during the pre-in rainbows wait.

once again another uninformative interview on band's progress. I really don't understand why they don't post anything related to the band on their blog anymore. No lyric snippits, no pictures, no updates on where they are, nothing. I get the impression that it won't be until at the very least 2011 for a new album (at the rate they take to record it might not be until 2012). Their manager mentioned that he doesn't know about an Atoms for Peace album for this year so clearly it is still in the works. I have this feeling that there will be a new Atoms for Peace album and tour before we get anything new from Radiohead. I hope that I'm wrong.

edit: at least there are many more bands with albums/tours this year, and i'm not obsessed over the band (aka checking DAS every couple hours, or going on atease) as I was during the pre-in rainbows wait.

Ugh, I know. :freak: The utter lack of information could either mean that things aren't moving on and LP8 will be released in 2015 or that the recording sessions are productive and we could expect an album end 2010 or somewhere in 2011. I fear it's the former rather than the latter though. :sad: During the In Rainbows wait there was way more information available, right? (and not to mention new songs RADIOHEAD played live in 2006) It would make sense to check DAS and at ease if that was the situation right now. But even at ease is sort of dead and not very interesting at the moment.

I need a new band to obsess over. After the Arcade Fire record I have no new releases I'm waiting for. :sad: