✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

True, but that doesn't mean the rest of the year will be as good. As I said in my previous post, I'm waiting for just one album. After that Radiohead's non communication will become increasingly annoying for me.

I don't think it's that hard to post a tiny update every now and then. Or if there's no news maybe a riddle or something. :shame:

jeez guys they are making a piece of art. it takes as long as it takes. if i was in their position i wouldn't be too committal because it takes as long as it takes, and you could think you are coming close to the end and then something else could spring up. these things take time, especially when you look at the quality which is expected of them and the pressures surrounding it, whether they admit to being affected by that or not. my mate is a really big fan of martin grech and he announced last summer he would be releasing and album in january but there's still no sign of it yet. things happen, schedules change but i'd rather just wait for it to come and it be a pleasant surprise than to keep having dates actually pushed back.

i'd also much rather wait another three years for an absolute masterpiece than see them hurriedly release a decent album. they've released so much it's no wonder they aren't banging them out left right and centre, and baring in mind three fifths of the band have been doing their own thing recently it's no wonder it hasn't arrived yet.

i'm really excited for a new album but this is a special thing these guys are creating and i wouldn't want it to come in any other way than that the band themselves are happy with. if they start releasing like that chances are their relationships will become strained again. it needs to be more of a natural process. they know what they are doing and what is healthy for them.

There has been so much good music this year I haven't really been anxious for a new Radiohead album.

Ditto. Even if the next semester is full of shit this first six months have provided us lots of stuff to have fun for a while.

I've got a riddle for you: What's three years in the making and long over due?

:idea2:

I know! A good mayor!

Ugh, I know. :freak: The utter lack of information could either mean that things aren't moving on and LP8 will be released in 2015 or that the recording sessions are productive and we could expect an album end 2010 or somewhere in 2011. I fear it's the former rather than the latter though. :sad: During the In Rainbows wait there was way more information available, right? (and not to mention new songs RADIOHEAD played live in 2006) It would make sense to check DAS and at ease if that was the situation right now. But even at ease is sort of dead and not very interesting at the moment.

I need a new band to obsess over. After the Arcade Fire record I have no new releases I'm waiting for. :sad:

there was much more information. they posted artwork, how sessions were going, what songs they worked on, pictures. now there's nothing.

jeez guys they are making a piece of art. it takes as long as it takes. if i was in their position i wouldn't be too committal because it takes as long as it takes, and you could think you are coming close to the end and then something else could spring up. these things take time, especially when you look at the quality which is expected of them and the pressures surrounding it, whether they admit to being affected by that or not. my mate is a really big fan of martin grech and he announced last summer he would be releasing and album in january but there's still no sign of it yet. things happen, schedules change but i'd rather just wait for it to come and it be a pleasant surprise than to keep having dates actually pushed back.

i'd also much rather wait another three years for an absolute masterpiece than see them hurriedly release a decent album. they've released so much it's no wonder they aren't banging them out left right and centre, and baring in mind three fifths of the band have been doing their own thing recently it's no wonder it hasn't arrived yet.

i'm really excited for a new album but this is a special thing these guys are creating and i wouldn't want it to come in any other way than that the band themselves are happy with. if they start releasing like that chances are their relationships will become strained again. it needs to be more of a natural process. they know what they are doing and what is healthy for them.

I see what you mean in the sense that they should take their time to make a great piece of music, but at the same time they are the type of band that obsess over songs too much. I mean recording sessions for In Rainbows started in early 2005, they scrapped it all started over and it wasn't until almost 3 years later that the album was released.

I really wish that they would at least give us news as to what is going on. Or release a demo or a one off song (like harry patch/twisted words) to at least hold us over for a while