✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

Is that the one from EMI with half of the songs from The Bends?

I think The Bends or In Rainbows are probably the easiest to get into. I'd say begin chronologically starting with The Bends. But I don't think the order matters that much really, except maybe it's not the best idea to start with Kid A. :sweatdrop:

So I'm finally getting into radiohead, yay!

I started with the best of and I really like it, so which album should I listen to now? :wacko:

I'd say start with either The Bends or In Rainbows. Then OK Computer.

What songs from the Greatest hits do you like most? (that might help you to pick out what album to get)

How many times has this thread been a Radiohead recommendation thread? I'm not going anywhere with that statement, and there is no implied meaning. Just an observation.

haha yeah, i've noticed that too.

perhaps there should be a new thread that way if anyone wants to get into them they go to that thread

haha yeah, i've noticed that too.

perhaps there should be a new thread that way if anyone wants to get into them they go to that thread

You mean yet another separate Radiohead thread? Don't enough of those pop up without any prompting ;)

Yeah i'd have to agree with Alexa on that.

Radiohead are not one of those bands that you get right away. And if you don't like them at first it doesn't matter. Personally I liked Exit Music and Karma Police when I first listened to them, but I thought they were too depressing, and didn't get into them until I gave them a listen years later.

also I didn't think this would happen but i've been obsessed with backdrifts. The live version is especially great (w/ jonny's backward sounding guitar)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDD0zFBcjtc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDD0zFBcjtc[/ame]

Yeah, if people don't try to like Radiohead, it's kind of hard for it to happen. For most people I know (including myself), their love of Radiohead developed out of people insisting they put in the time.

you are obviously amazing at arguing but i don't understand why you would be bothered by what i said unless you don't like kid a. and if you don't like kid a it doesn't matter what you say.

It's all about your pretentious comment. It has nothing to do with any Radiohead album.

She's asking nicely for recommendations and you go and tell her to fuck off? That we're losing our time recommending?

Idiot.

Yeah i'd have to agree with Alexa on that.

Radiohead are not one of those bands that you get right away. And if you don't like them at first it doesn't matter. Personally I liked Exit Music and Karma Police when I first listened to them, but I thought they were too depressing, and didn't get into them until I gave them a listen years later.

also I didn't think this would happen but i've been obsessed with backdrifts. The live version is especially great (w/ jonny's backward sounding guitar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDD0zFBcjtc

Woooow! Backdrifts live!

So I'm finally getting into radiohead, yay!

I started with the best of and I really like it, so which album should I listen to now? :wacko:

Well as many said their most accesible one is The Bends, then I'd go with In Rainbows. Tell us what you think or what other bands do you like so we can tell you where to go next.

BTW as a random note I recently really got into Talk Show Host. And indeed it's one of their best songs and b-sides.

It's all about your pretentious comment. It has nothing to do with any Radiohead album.

She's asking nicely for recommendations and you go and tell her to fuck off? That we're losing our time recommending?

Idiot.

that isn't at all what i said. my comment was regarding if there was a thread dedicated solely for recommendations. as much as i'm sure you are dying to find controversy here you're looking in the wrong place. i suggested what i thought she'd be best off doing in a previous comment, the comment you are referring to was not directed at her whatsoever.

i having a feeling it all got lost in translation and for that i am sorry. on the other hand, calling me an ass and an idiot due to the fact that you can't seem to understand sarcasm doesn't reflect well on you. now that is a pretentious post.

that isn't at all what i said. my comment was regarding if there was a thread dedicated solely for recommendations. as much as i'm sure you are dying to find controversy here you're looking in the wrong place. i suggested what i thought she'd be best off doing in a previous comment, the comment you are referring to was not directed at her whatsoever.

i having a feeling it all got lost in translation and for that i am sorry. on the other hand, calling me an ass and an idiot due to the fact that you can't seem to understand sarcasm doesn't reflect well on you. now that is a pretentious post.

Then learn to quote.

It was pretentious though.

it wouldn't be a long thread

listen to the bends/in rainbows and okc +best of. then kid a and if you don't have the balls for that fuck off and stop wasting our time :cool:

Okay, so I feel like I have to apologize for asking for advices and contaminating this thread by the simple fact of being a radiohead noob...

But somehow you just proved again what I've always thought of radiohead fans, too many of them are just arrogant pricks. It's not because you listen to radiohead that you're genius, Thom Yorke probably is, you're not ;)

Of course I'm not saying all RH fans are like that, fortunately there are people like Alexa who made me wanna listen to them cause she loves their music without having a huge ego because of that.

I won't bother you anymore, dear superior human beings.

Okay, so I feel like I have to apologize for asking for advices and contaminating this thread by the simple fact of being a radiohead noob...

But somehow you just proved again what I've always thought of radiohead fans, too many of them are just arrogant pricks. It's not because you listen to radiohead that you're genius, Thom Yorke probably is, you're not ;)

Of course I'm not saying all RH fans are like that, fortunately there are people like Alexa who made me wanna listen to them cause she loves their music without having a huge ego because of that.

I won't bother you anymore, dear superior human beings.

You can always PM me if you want recommendations :nice: