✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

^^Forgive me oh sex god. :disappointed:

How do you think it compares to IR and their previous work?

I think it's better than Pablo Honey and The Bends. Lyrically it's quite good, but it's a little boring to me. It's great background music.

It's not better than MX. In fact, I was a little disappointed that Coldplay released something worse than Radiohead this year. I know Radiohead are a much more important and challenging band (I know...typical Radiohead fan elitism) but I just generally enjoy listening to Coldplay more. That is, until MX came out. Viva and Rush will be forever on a loop in my brain, long after I go deaf from my music being too loud all the time.

ANYWAY

I think they could do a lot better than TKOL but it doesn't suck by any means. The lyrics just grab me the right way, I guess.

My ranking goes:

1. In Rainbows

2. Kid A

3. Thief

4. Amnesiac

5. OK Computer

6. The King of Limbs

7. The Bends

8. Dining upon dog turds

9. Eating a kilogram of lead

10. Getting pounded in the ass by a sexually aggressive male horse

11. Pablo Honey

I hate Pablo Honey

Yaa, but I tried to like it.

omg I tried SO HARD to like it

I was in denial

Well I do love parts of it. Like Us Against the World and UFO

Stuff like that, plus Moving to Mars, tells me they still have it in them. They just need to get SAD again, damn it.

Someone kidnap his kid or something idk

But this is a Radiohead thread sorry

I think it's better than Pablo Honey and The Bends. Lyrically it's quite good, but it's a little boring to me. It's great background music.

It's not better than MX. In fact, I was a little disappointed that Coldplay released something worse than Radiohead this year. I know Radiohead are a much more important and challenging band (I know...typical Radiohead fan elitism) but I just generally enjoy listening to Coldplay more. That is, until MX came out. Viva and Rush will be forever on a loop in my brain, long after I go deaf from my music being too loud all the time.

ANYWAY

I think they could do a lot better than TKOL but it doesn't suck by any means. The lyrics just grab me the right way, I guess.

My ranking goes:

1. In Rainbows

2. Kid A

3. Thief

4. Amnesiac

5. OK Computer

6. The King of Limbs

7. The Bends

8. Dining upon dog turds

9. Eating a kilogram of lead

10. Getting pounded in the ass by a sexually aggressive male horse

11. Pablo Honey

I hate Pablo Honey

My ranking's nearly the same, but I'd place OK Computer third. OKC Worse than Amnesiac? Man, give it another listen...

omg I tried SO HARD to like it

I was in denial

Well I do love parts of it. Like Us Against the World and UFO

Stuff like that, plus Moving to Mars, tells me they still have it in them. They just need to get SAD again, damn it.

Someone kidnap his kid or something idk

But this is a Radiohead thread sorry

Do you not think Coldplay work best when they sound under immense pressure? Rush of Blood sounds like it's desperately shaking Yellow from the system (bar IMP), and Viva sounds like it's shaking X&Y. X&Y and MX sound like no-pressure continuations from the previous sound.

My ranking's nearly the same, but I'd place OK Computer third. OKC Worse than Amnesiac? Man, give it another listen...

I love Amnesiac though

It's so good

You and Whose Army :awesome:

Life in a Glasshouse like omg

Packt :wacky:

Do you not think Coldplay work best when they sound under immense pressure? Rush of Blood sounds like it's desperately shaking Yellow from the system (bar IMP), and Viva sounds like it's shaking X&Y. X&Y and MX sound like no-pressure continuations from the previous sound.

I guess you could put it that way. But I hate to talk about Coldplay in the Radiohead thread.

Visitor message me or something!

I'm sorry Radioheads peoples for bringing the C******* plague upon this thread. :sick:

But I think that X&Y was the biggest nerve-wrecking undertaking for them. That's when they became huge worldwide.

Afterwords they said "fuck it we're gonna do what we like". And MX sounds nothing like Viva, just as Viva sounds nothing like X&Y.

I love Amnesiac though

It's so good

OK Computer's a work of art though. Climbing Up The Walls. Lucky. The Tourist. Literally every song on that album has inspired me one way or another, at least three have changed my opinion of music some way. But that's just me, Amnesiac's top class also; You and Whose Army is amaaaaaazing.

Also includes the greatest ending lyrics to any Radiohead album.

I guess you could put it that way. But I hate to talk about Coldplay in the Radiohead thread.

Fair enough. Soz!

I love Amnesiac though

It's so good

Life in a Glasshouse... meh

Now Dollars and Cents or Like Spinning Plates... that's what I'm talking about!

I don't know what it is about Life in a Glasshouse, but I just love love love it. So random, I know. I think it's why Radiohead get jazzy or when they bring in big-bandish instruments. Like The National Anthem and stuff. I love that one, too.

LIKE THAT 15 STEP GRAMMYS THING OMG :bomb:

That was so long ago :disappointed:

Okay Nikola I remember when you were hating on Radiohead. Saying Thom sounds like a dying animal or something like that.

Oh here you go I found one:

^ So you basically want them to become Radiohead? :D

Unlike Thom, Chris can sing. :phu:

So you changed your tune, I see :cheesy:

????????????????????????????????????????

It's arguably their most upbeat album, that's what I meant.

And it's a decent effort, but it's NOT 80/100 material. It's NOT as good as AROBTTH which holds the same percentage of approval.

So you changed your tune, I see :cheesy:

How the fuck did you find that? Stalker. xD

Yes. :cheesy:

It's arguably their most upbeat album, that's what I meant.

And it's a decent effort, but it's NOT 80/100 material. It's NOT as good as AROBTTH which holds the same percentage of approval.

Yes. :cheesy:

If a critic has to judge two albums, one by the most ridiculed band in a decade, and one by the most critically acclaimed artist since the Beatles, which one do you think they'll mark higher?

If a critic has to judge two albums, one by the most ridiculed band in a decade, and one by the most critically acclaimed artist since the Beatles, which one do you think they'll mark higher?

Rhetorical question is rhetorical. But:

List of awards and nominations received by Radiohead

Total awards won: 11

List of awards and nominations received by Coldplay

Total awards won: 45

List of awards and nominations received by Michael Jackson

Total awards won: 392

35bp94.jpg

I know you're referring to album reviews, but awards are also important when proclaiming someone a music divinity.

But this is a Radiohead thread and I'll stop now.

:escaping:

Rhetorical question is rhetorical. But:

35bp94.jpg

I know you're referring to album reviews, but awards are also important when proclaiming someone a music divinity.

Awards are based on popularity, critical acclaim is based on (supposed) expertise.

Hence why Robbie Williams holds the record for having won the most Brit awards.

Awards are based on popularity, critical acclaim is based on (supposed) expertise.

Agreed

RIHANNA was nominated for the grammy for Album of the Year.

RIHANNA. And BRUNO MARS. Both of whom suck balls.

NOT Bon Iver or Radiohead.

It's clearly for ratings bullshit.

But seriously, some awards are decided by popular vote, some are voted by professional critics.

OK Computer and Kid A and In Rainbows were nominated for Album of the Year.

In the end, the only thing that matters is whether you like it or not.