✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

I love that song

Planet Telex is clearly way worse

Same with "You" but Pablo Honey barely counts so...

Planet Telex is genius, as is this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KnGNOiFll4]Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - Letter from God - YouTube[/ame]

I really dislike Idioteque. It makes me wanna pull my own hair out. Or someone else's.

Do I deserve to be punished? :thinking:

Also:

It's not better than MX. In fact, I was a little disappointed that Coldplay released something worse than Radiohead this year. I know Radiohead are a much more important and challenging band (I know...typical Radiohead fan elitism) but I just generally enjoy listening to Coldplay more. That is, until MX came out. Viva and Rush will be forever on a loop in my brain, long after I go deaf from my music being too loud all the time.

This is exactly how I feel. I know Radiohead > Coldplay but my body goes Coldplay > Radiohead.

Sorry to bring the coldplays up again. Please continue your epic discussions.

Okayyyy, who CANNOT like this? Seriously?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLPE164XG6E&feature=related]Radiohead - Life In A Glasshouse - Live on Jools (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Regarding TKOL's length - I believe Thom said in an old interview they weren't doing LPs any more and that they were more interested in EPs. So there's that.

I really dislike Idioteque. It makes me wanna pull my own hair out. Or someone else's.

Maybe you should try giving it another go? Listening to it in a different light?

I just think Idioteque is one of the best of the lot. Incredible melody, and the way that man sings nonsense phrases and still sounds genuinely frightened to his core... It's, in my opinion, the most astounding vocal performance of all time. That's what made Bowie so incredible, the things he could do with his voice, the things he did with melody.

There are live versions that have a bit more get-up-and-go about them. Still haunting. Try them!

You + Planet Telex > Packt
Yes.

For some reason I've never really cared for Packt LSIACTB. Although I must say I do like the Punch Brothers cover (and I usually don't like RH covers). I saw these guys last year when they opened for Paul Simon. Search YouTube on "Punch Brothers Radiohead" and you'll see they've done quite a few covers. One time on their setlist during a Christmas show they listed a "surprise" song as "Fausty the Snowman"... it was Faust Arp. :lol:

There are probably better sound quality vids out there but most have background chatter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtujwGZYQa8]Punch Brothers: Packt Like Sardines in a Crushed Tin Box (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't like it on first listen. Then after awhile it really grew on me. The other day I even blared it on the ride home with my sunroof open. :awesome:

i haven't seen any live videos with distorted bass or anything...

are camera mics getting better or are the shows not very loud???

In general, camera mics are getting better.

Me.

Thanks for the advice both ^/^^ :)

My disliking has been there for three, four years now though. My brain is very stubborn, but I'll keep trying.

When I just started listening to Radiohead, I had to be 'in the mood' for them, and that has changed in the last year or so. Now I can listen to them all the time. :dazzled:

That seems to be the case with most people I talk to. They need a while to get used to them. Are there people who were fans instantly?

Yes.

Regarding TKOL's length - I believe Thom said in an old interview they weren't doing LPs any more and that they were more interested in EPs. So there's that.

I never really understood this argument. I mean TKOL is only like 5 min shorter than In Rainbows and it's about 7 min shorter than Amnesiac.

The Strokes' Is This It is like 35 min long but no one complains it's too short. Nick Drake's Pink Moon is 28 min, the Pixies' Surfer Rosa is 33 min... the list of albums goes on and on.

In general, camera mics are getting better.

This fact makes me irrationally sad. I'm watching these videos on Youtube and there's just a sea of camera phones. Back in my day, there were no camera phones (or cell phones for that matter!) so the people who were at the shows were big fans who just wanted to enjoy the experience.

They had to be huge fans because an online ticketing system didn't exist - you had to camp outside the record store just for a chance to get tickets.... especially if a big band like Radiohead came to town. Thus, the audience was self-selective: only hardcore fans would bother to camp outside for tickets.

In this era, a large portion of the audience are simply people who want to brag they were at a gig and upload their photos to Facebook, Twitter, and whatever big social media network you kiddos have these days. You have more and more people just talking through live performances or drunken idiots shouting during inappropriate times because they're not really fans. That makes me sad more than angry.

I think it's got more to do with the number of songs than album's length. I know this is a weak argument considering there is plenty of albums with just five songs and they're still considered as LPs. But yeah. I think RH fans are used to get more songs on albums, as opposed to idk, some post-rock bands' fans.

Anyway, TKOL feels like an LP to me, not EP.

I don't get that too...

Yes, it's all about horns, but it's really epic with them.

Thanks for the advice both ^/^^ :)

My disliking has been there for three, four years now though. My brain is very stubborn, but I'll keep trying.

When I just started listening to Radiohead, I had to be 'in the mood' for them, and that has changed in the last year or so. Now I can listen to them all the time. :dazzled:

That seems to be the case with most people I talk to. They need a while to get used to them. Are there people who were fans instantly?

They're definitely a mood band, but luckily they have a song for most occasions.

Just not joy. Definitely not joy.

They're definitely a mood band, but luckily they have a song for most occasions.

Just not joy. Definitely not joy.

Sadly, yes.

Cheer the fuck up Reidiouhedz! :angry:

Some songs come close, like Jigsaw Falling Into Place maybe.

God IR is pretty. :dazzled:

But why was 15 Step in Twilight? :|