✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Twitter - Working on a setlist for friday's iTunes festival .. PH - Which song do you want to be pla

rafaelchampion

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. MX

2.Hurts Like Heaven

3. Yellow

4. In My Place

5. Major Minus

6. Lost!

7. The Scientist

8. Shiver

9. Violet Hill

10. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

11. Moving To Mars

12. Us Against The World

13. Politik

14. Viva La Vida

15. Charlie Brown

16. Life Is For Living

Encore

17. Clocks

18. Fix You

19. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

dissapointed because there was no princess of china or DLIBYH...

...but it was clear that they wouldn't play them. Please, be realistic, there is no possibility to be dissapointed. Sorry, but your demands were too high and you know that.

I strongly hope that they won't play ANY new song in the remained festivals. (no DLIBYH, no PoC, no Golden Arrow or something else).

I wonder why I expected to hear something new. I hate the band's tweets and how they tease us...especially when I don't remember who tweeted recently that they've played a newly created song which, of course, wasn't to be played that night,or perhaps,any other. How delightful. Okay, they obviously can't play half of the album before its release, but the whole thing about this album is just so frustrating!!! Stupid October.

^ I wouldn't mind them teasing us as long as they actually gave us something once in a while :dozey: Tweeting that they're trying to figure out the setlist and then only changing one song just wasn't very nice of them :phu:

This. They should have just surprised us, and didn't say "Working on a setlist". That would have been better, because I was definitely expecting Princess Of China :(

^ I wouldn't mind them teasing us as long as they actually gave us something once in a while :dozey: Tweeting that they're trying to figure out the setlist and then only changing one song just wasn't very nice of them :phu:

Exactly, when they wrote they were working on the setlist, I along with others i guess, expect some sort of "big change", instead of only adding MTM :(

I didn't follow this thread but did people really think that tweet was taking fan requests? To be honest, I would have been a bit annoyed if long-lost rarities had been played, seeing as how that audience was largely random competition winners who weren't really big Coldplay fans.

I didn't follow this thread but did people really think that tweet was taking fan requests? To be honest, I would have been a bit annoyed if long-lost rarities had been played, seeing as how that audience was largely random competition winners who weren't really big Coldplay fans.

I don't think its a question of which songs they would play, just the fact that we as interested fans hoped to see some differences in the setlist.

Personally, i've always liked the idea of not knowing what a band play at a certain gig! I believe it makes the experience far more unexpected and enjoyable. As much as i love Coldplay, i'm often dissapointed that the stick with the same setlist for such long periods at the time.

Same here. I would absolutely love it if in one of their concerts they would just randomly pull out Amsterdam or Don't Panic just as a one-off thing. Maybe they could designate one spot in the setlist that's filled with a different song each time?

Or even just switching up the order of the songs a bit would be great.

But, I can understand that with all the technicalities (what with the special effects like fireworks, lasers, confetti, balloons, backing tracks like on Viva) that it would be very difficult to switch up the setlist very often--especially in a festival setting where everything has to run smoothly and without delay.