✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously I am so happy you liked the tape, I know you really like Radiohead, and I wasn't sure what else. So I was so concerned I would be making a tape full of stuff you hated so to get this review is brilliant!

Fot those who want to download it here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?cgx64kol36szz

For the person who made my tape, I have given it a listen already, and I will listen to it a couple more times and then write my review, look for it tomorrow![/color]

awesome!

...excited to see the tracklisting!

I'm glad to see that so many reviews are being posted already. I'll put links to reviews and tapes on the first page some time soon.

Speaking of which, can anyone tell me how to link single posts? I don't think I've ever done that before. Heh. :|

Okay, I'd like to start off my saying sorry D: It's just one of styles of music I am not in to. Besides being a tad long, imo, it worked well as a tracklist and there was a good flow through most of it ..but yeah

Track 1: Kind of rocky, I’ve heard those vocals before for sure. But I’m not a fan of that style D: so yeah, made me kind of hesitant about the rest of the songs.

Track 2: Some muse, dead star I think :thinking: I’m fan of a number of their songs but not too much this one.

Track 3: And now Biffy Cylro. And it’s old biffy. Well I think it is, it’s very like their old style anyways :\ I don’t mind the chorus, the verses started to annoy me.

Track 4: R-evolve by 30 seconds to mars, not one of their worse songs. I think I would have preferred this mixtape 4 years ago.

Track 5: I like this one, compared to the other ones :wacko: I’m not a fan of the lyrics though.

Track 6: I rather like this one too, it reminds me a bit of red hot chilli peppers but different vocals?

Track 7: ...protected by itunes D:

Track 8: Back to the older rock style. It’s not that bad, I like his voice :uhoh:

Track 9: It’s feel so Americany :lol: like that guitar style. His voice sounds familiar too.

Track 10: Slower now, it works well with the track list.

Track 11: This doesn’t work with the track list but it was my favourite on the mixtape. Fleet foxes :heart:

Track 12: I quite like this one :wacko: It reminds me of last shadow puppets, is it Miles Kane? It’s very nice.

Track 13: Back into the slightly rockier stuff, probably my least favourite on the mixtape.

Track 14: The vocals of Mr.Grohl methinks. I don’t like foo fighters but this song isn’t too bad.

Track 15: Oh Nirvana, they’re just one of those bands which I never got in to, never liked. I don’t mind this song too much though D:

Track 16: I kind of liked this one too :nice: it’s in the category of songs I don’t mind on this tape.

Track 17: Back to the American rock style. An older style and again I just don’t like this style D: I’M SORRY.

Track 18: This one went over my head initially, I had to relisten to it. It was alright, good ending track.

OK, here goes...

My mixtape is called 'The Maybe You Won't Like It Mixtape'. Well, let's see about that...

First off, I love the fact that there's artwork! I didn't do that for my tape. Maybe I should have. But I love the pic in the artwork! :)

Now let's start with the songs:

1. White

I have no idea who this is. Sounds like a pretty recent American indie band to my ears. I LOVE the drums on this track. Really gives it a rolling groove. I also like the bridge/breakdown with the percussive guitar and the repetitive piano after that.

2. Violet

Foster The People! Pumped Up Kicks! This has got to be the soundtrack of the summer, isn't it?:)

2. Yellow (yeah, the song is also listed as nr. 2)

Don't know who this is. Has a voice that I would describe as a more polished type of David Byrne voice. Also that nasal sound in his voice. Pretty good, upbeat song with melancholic strings.

3. Orange

Once again, I really like the drums and percussion on this track! The high pitched multi tracked vocals in the chorus remind me of MGMT and the above mentioned Foster The People, but this can stand on its own. Love the lyrics. :)

4. Red

Also reminds me a bit of MGMT and Foster The People.:P

But a nice song with some cool electro synths and catchy as hell!

5. Pink

Also completely unknown to me. I have to admit that there are very few female vocalists that I really like (now is the time to start throwing rocks at me), but this one I can tolerate! Could be the sister of the singer on the Yellow track. Reminded me a bit of that song. Don't know why. This one is a bit more downbeat. But good!

6. Purple

Upbeat song with cool synths. Sounds a bit like Pulp+Elastica+Catatonia but with different vocals.

8. Blue (there's no track 7 :P)

Love the drums (once again) and the bass that kicks in. Great song! Would love to hear more from this band!

9. Light Green

Editors, The Racing Rats! My favourite track from An End Has A Start. I always love the 'come on now, you knew you were lost, but you carried on anyway' part.

10. Dark Green

Good song, but maybe my least favourite one so far. A bit too bombastic I think. Still good though! And I have to say I liked it a lot more the second time I heard it. Maybe I should hear some more of their songs. It's starting to grow on me.

11. Brown

Mumford and Sons, Winter Winds. I'm not really a fan, but I like their singles! And this is a great song, can't deny that.:)

12. Beige

The vocals are a bit of an acquired taste I guess, but I like the song! Love the droning piano with the drum and bass over it. Great track! Cool lyrics too. :)

13. Dark Grey

The Fratellis! I remember I didn't really like the album, but this is a fun song! This one also has a 'papapadada' chorus, just like their big hit.:)

14. Grey

Walk Idiot Walk by The Hives from their album Tyranosaurus Hives! Such an incredibly fun live band. Saw them a couple of times over the years. Always loads of fun! Last time was in the pouring rain at Werchter.

15. Black

Another guitar song that fits in great after the previous song. Love the sneering vocals. :)

What an awesome mixtape! Lots of stuff I didn't know and I will definitely check out all the artists that are new to me. Thanks a lot for your mixtape, this is definitely one I'll keep coming back to! :)

EDIT: here's the link - http://www.mediafire.com/?iwrsy20237tbfz8

Review tiiiiime. :D

First things first: It was titled "Mixtape for Violet." AWWWWW, how nice. :blush:

1. This was a short, simple, beautiful piano piece. It reminded me very much of something Erik Satie would write. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it in fact was Satie (maybe Gymnopedie 1 or 2? It's not 3, as I've played that before). You obviously took into consideration my love for piano. Thank you. Great choice for an opener.

2. I felt like this was some soft jazz fusion number. It had several elements of soft jazz within the song. (vibraphone, chill bass, soft drums (using the wires instead of sticks; that was easy enough to tell)) I like the vocals on this piece; although they're muffled and hard to understand sometimes, they fit well stylistically speaking. The string work in here also fits very well. (Pizzicato strings are great, and I love the cello bits. The string bit near the end is fabulous.) While I didn't catch most of the lyrics, I did catch a bit "where the people are pleasantly strange." I love it. As I listen to this song, I can imagine swinging lazily in a hammock on a sunny afternoon. :wacky:

3. It starts with soft acoustic guitar. It grows louder, and it's later joined by electric guitar. I didn't know how I felt about the slight twinge of whine in the guy's voice at first, but I ultimately decided that it wasn't enough to really bother me, and I think it fits with the song pretty well. It's pretty similar to the previous track, but it's more upbeat. I like this one, too.

4. "Blood" by The Middle East. :heart: Fabulous. This was the first song I heard by them. It's a shame they've split. :cry:

5. This is my favorite track of the whole thing. It's pretty much perfect; the vocals are highly enjoyable, the music is great, and the lyrics are spot on. I particularly love the second verse:

"The calf (?) is warm, but your milk is sour.

Life is short, but you're here to flower.

Dream yourself along another day.

Never miss an opportunity.

Don't be scared of what you cannot see.

Your only fear is possibility.

Never wonder what the hell went wrong.

Your second chance may never come along."

This really struck home with me, given the thoughts that have been running in my head lately. This was pretty much exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you so much. :hug: This track is a home run.

6. This starts with some moving synth stuff, which is later joined by more, bigger snyth sound. It kinda reminded me of Sparkadia. The vocals are kinda dry and whiny in a way that I don't like, so I wasn't a fan of that. The music is fine, though. I was kinda confused when the song started; due to the previous songs, by this point, I had convinced myself this was going to be a purely acoustic tape. :tongue:

7. This starts with electric guitar. The vocals remind me of Bob Dylan, who I don't like. The music's kinda "meh," too. This song for me lives in the nether region between good and bad. It's kinda just...there.

8. Some of the info on this song was there. I didn't get a full song title, but the band is some band called Flight Brigade. It's very upbeat with lovely vocal harmonies. It kinda reminds me of a fresher version of Belle and Sebastian. It's very folk and very cute. :blush: "Even though it's a long, long way from Hollywood, at least it's a start. Yeah, it's a start. You can end up places you never thought you could, if you make a start, so make a start." This song made me smile. :smiley:

9. This has more rock influences. I get a slight Strokes vibe from this song. There are times when I feel the vocalist sounds slighlty like an old man. :lol: That's more in the verses than the chorus, though. "You don't seem to care about who gets in your way, and you don't seem to care about the price we had to pay." I like the OOOHS at the end, but I found it odd that the song ended on the vi chord. That baffled me a bit. This one kinda grows on you the more you listen to it.

10. This is another acoustic track with guitar (and perhaps banjo). I spent a good chunk of my time on this song trying to figure out what the accent of the singer was. My initial guess was Irish, but later I got more Scottish vibes, so I'm not really sure. It's puzzling. The vocals themselves were OK, I guess. I do enjoy the bass line, the drums, and the use of bells. "I will hang my head, hang my head low." That was pretty much the basis of the song lyrically. It's a good song.

11. "The bottoms of my shoes are clean from walking in the rain." HAHAHAHAHA, WTF. :laugh4: Don't worry; I'm not making fun. I just found that really interesting. It reminded me of when I listened to The Books on Chris' mixtape from the last exchange. The vocals grew on me the more I listened to the song. I didn't like them at first, but then I found them endearing. "She's just another beauty queen, queen of hearts with a heart made of stone." I liked that line an awful lot. Also, the chorus made me laugh: "Straight guys and college girls so tight, line up on (trucker?) drugs, let's get hiiiiiiigh." This was a nice song.

12. I'll be completely honest with you. I hated this song. HATED IT. The vocals on this thing are just atrocious. I tried getting past it, but after listening to the first minute or so, I had to stop. Wow, I sound like a douche, LOL. :| I'm really trying not to be mean, and I'm sorry. This just didn't work for me at all.

13. This song threw me off so many times. At the very beginning with the synths and the ocean noises, I thought of Owl City. Then the bass/lower synths came in, and I thought, "Sounds like Massive Attack." Then the soft background vocals came in, and I was like, "Thom Yorke? Is that you?" Then, when the actual vocals came in with the slightly different music, I was immediately reminded of Kasabian. This song was just a tease. :laugh4: The vocalist does remind me of a younger, crisper version of Tom Meighan, and I like the song a lot. This makes up for the previous track.

14. This begins with some acoustic guitar and humming. Hmmm. OOOOOH, there's these diddly bits in here. Those are too adorable. :blush: There's also flute! :cheesy: I think the music helps the vocals a lot. I find the vocals quite tolerable. After the soft beginning, it explodes into this bigger sound and stays that way for pretty much the rest of the song. The end was a bit too abrupt for my taste, but this was a great choice for a closing track nevertheless.

Given I know who you are, I think I should say this to you. You had mentioned earlier in this thread that you were quite proud of this tape. You should be. Yeah, there were things I didn't like about it (*koff* TRACK 12 *koff*), but I think generally speaking, you captured my tastes pretty well. There was a lot of folkier, more acoustic things on here (which I've grown to love, particularly as of late), and it had splashes of other things, too. I hope to get the track listing for your tape some time soon. I'm particularly excited about Track 5, as that was the song I fell in love with the most. Cheers!

Dear lovely person who made my mixtape,

(Warning, I'm awful at reviewing these things. :P)

I've just finished listening to it and I absolutely love it. :wacky: All the songs are brilliant; this is exactly the kind of music I like. H, the twenty minute song that was solely piano music...:dazzled:

I am so curious as to who made my tape and what artists on here. I just really, really love it. :freak:

The only song I recognized was 10 Mile Stereo. I also have a feeling K was Arcade Fire, and L was The National? :anxious: :wacko:

Again, thank you so much. :nice:

Dear lovely person who made my mixtape,

(Warning, I'm awful at reviewing these things. :P)

I've just finished listening to it and I absolutely love it. :wacky: All the songs are brilliant; this is exactly the kind of music I like. H, the twenty minute song that was solely piano music...:dazzled:

I am so curious as to who made my tape and what artists on here. I just really, really love it. :freak:

The only song I recognized was 10 Mile Stereo. I also have a feeling K was Arcade Fire, and L was The National? :anxious: :wacko:

Again, thank you so much. :nice:

That was my one :wacky: I'm so happy you liked it!

That song isn't actually 20 minutes long it just messes up on itunes and it says that it's that long. But yes it is lovely :dazzled:

Here you go,

1. Happy High - Blackbird Blackbird

2. Talamak - Toro Y Moi

3. Rock it - Little Red

4. Please Stay - Summer Height

5. 10 mile Stereo - Beach House

6. Island, IS - Volcano Choir

7. Calgary - Bon Iver

9. No Cars Go - Maxence Cyrin

9. Runaway - Kanye West

10. All in White - The Vaccines

11. Speaking in Tongues - Arcade Fire

12. Exile Vilify - The National.

That was my one :wacky: I'm so happy you liked it!

That song isn't actually 20 minutes long it just messes up on itunes and it says that it's that long. But yes it is lovely :dazzled:

Here you go,

Haha, thanks!! :wacky:

I suppose I can post this now

My mixtape

1. Happy High - Blackbird Blackbird

2. Talamak - Toro Y Moi

3. Rock it - Little Red

4. Please Stay - Summer Height

5. 10 mile Stereo - Beach House

6. Island, IS - Volcano Choir

7. Calgary - Bon Iver

9. No Cars Go - Maxence Cyrin

9. Runaway - Kanye West

10. All in White - The Vaccines

11. Speaking in Tongues - Arcade Fire

12. Exile Vilify - The National.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2p7wqgpb3qu98p8

Done and done!

OK, here goes...

My mixtape is called 'The Maybe You Won't Like It Mixtape'. Well, let's see about that...

First off, I love the fact that there's artwork! I didn't do that for my tape. Maybe I should have. But I love the pic in the artwork! :)

Now let's start with the songs:

1. White

I have no idea who this is. Sounds like a pretty recent American indie band to my ears. I LOVE the drums on this track. Really gives it a rolling groove. I also like the bridge/breakdown with the percussive guitar and the repetitive piano after that.

I thought this song would be a great intro! I was between this or Back In Time by Huey Lwis & The News :lol:

2. Violet

Foster The People! Pumped Up Kicks! This has got to be the soundtrack of the summer, isn't it?:)

This is definitely my summer song! I'm so addicted to this, I just had to include it in the mixtape

2. Yellow (yeah, the song is also listed as nr. 2)

Don't know who this is. Has a voice that I would describe as a more polished type of David Byrne voice. Also that nasal sound in his voice. Pretty good, upbeat song with melancholic strings.

Sorry about the numbers :wacky:

This is my favorite Portuguese singer, David Fonseca, you should check him out :)

3. Orange

Once again, I really like the drums and percussion on this track! The high pitched multi tracked vocals in the chorus remind me of MGMT and the above mentioned Foster The People, but this can stand on its own. Love the lyrics. :)

I wasn't actually sure if I should put this song in the mixtape, but it looks like you liked it :)

4. Red

Also reminds me a bit of MGMT and Foster The People.:P

But a nice song with some cool electro synths and catchy as hell!

I saw this guys live in June in a music festival :) One of my bands of the summer

5. Pink

Also completely unknown to me. I have to admit that there are very few female vocalists that I really like (now is the time to start throwing rocks at me), but this one I can tolerate! Could be the sister of the singer on the Yellow track. Reminded me a bit of that song. Don't know why. This one is a bit more downbeat. But good!

LOL It's funny you noticed that she sounds like David Fonseca...she used to be in a band with him :lol:

6. Purple

Upbeat song with cool synths. Sounds a bit like Pulp+Elastica+Catatonia but with different vocals.

Another Portuguese band, probably the best Alternative band in Portugal :)

8. Blue (there's no track 7 :P)

Love the drums (once again) and the bass that kicks in. Great song! Would love to hear more from this band!

Sorry again about the numbers thing :lol:

This band is the same of the first track :) They're called White Rabbits

9. Light Green

Editors, The Racing Rats! My favourite track from An End Has A Start. I always love the 'come on now, you knew you were lost, but you carried on anyway' part.

I thought this song would fit properly in the mix :lol:

10. Dark Green

Good song, but maybe my least favourite one so far. A bit too bombastic I think. Still good though! And I have to say I liked it a lot more the second time I heard it. Maybe I should hear some more of their songs. It's starting to grow on me.

I only know this song :shame: I was on a free download a couple of months ago, and I loved the song

11. Brown

Mumford and Sons, Winter Winds. I'm not really a fan, but I like their singles! And this is a great song, can't deny that.:)

I absolutely love Mumford & Sons! :) So I had to include them

12. Beige

The vocals are a bit of an acquired taste I guess, but I like the song! Love the droning piano with the drum and bass over it. Great track! Cool lyrics too. :)

I know this band for like 2 weeks or something like that, but I'm starting to like them a lot

13. Dark Grey

The Fratellis! I remember I didn't really like the album, but this is a fun song! This one also has a 'papapadada' chorus, just like their big hit.

14. Grey

Walk Idiot Walk by The Hives from their album Tyranosaurus Hives! Such an incredibly fun live band. Saw them a couple of times over the years. Always loads of fun! Last time was in the pouring rain at Werchter.

I put these tow tracks because I thought the tape was starting to sound a bit slow :lol:

15. Black

Another guitar song that fits in great after the previous song. Love the sneering vocals. :)

I think this sounds a lot like U2, at least the voice :P

What an awesome mixtape! Lots of stuff I didn't know and I will definitely check out all the artists that are new to me. Thanks a lot for your mixtape, this is definitely one I'll keep coming back to! :)

EDIT: here's the link - http://www.mediafire.com/?iwrsy20237tbfz8

I did your mixtape! :D I'm so glad you liked it, I was very nervous when I saw the name because I didn't know any band that you like!! :lol: Just this was all basically luck :wacky:

The artwork was actually a photo I took when I went to New York, that's Central Park :nice:

Here's the tracklist...

White - Percussion Gun by White Rabbits, It's Frightening

Violet - Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People, Torches

Yellow - A Cry 4 Love by David Fonseca, Between Waves

Orange - Nun by I Am Arrows, Sun Comes Up Again

Red - Punching In A Dream by The Naked and Famous, Passive Me, Aggressive You

Pink - Choose Love by Rita Redshoes, Golden Era

Purple - On The Radio by X-Wife, Are You Ready For The Blackout?

Blue - The Plot by White Rabbits, Fort Nightly

Light Green - The Racing Rats by Editors, An End As A Start

Dark Green - Welcome by Hey Rosetta!, Seeds

Brown - Winter Winds by Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More

Beige - Twist by Frightening Rabbit, The Midnight Organ Fight

Dark Grey - Flathead by The Fratellis, Costello Music

Grey - Walk Idiot Walk by The Hives, Tyrannosaurus Hives

Black - Praise Be by The Plea, The Plea

Mixtape Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?iwrsy20237tbfz8

Track 1: I’m going to presume this is an intro track, based upon it’s short stature. It has some funky piano and guitar like twangs. Interesting track.

Track 2: Mellow singer, and mellow song, nice combination, I enjoy the beat not heavy drums, but enough to keep a strong beat in the background. The chimes in the middle are a fun little spice to the song. Pleasant song overall. Not a bad first song.

Track 3:Guitar intro has some fun riffs, but a bit repetitive. Combination of male and female singer, sometimes bad together, but in this case it is not. Almost reminds me of arcade fire, but if they decided to sing more softly..? Cool track.

Track 4: Funky accordion intro, then enter the horns and drums, I have a feeling I might enjoy this! Oooh the singer reminds me someone but I can’t place my finger on it. Charming track, not bad, I believe I will keep this one.

Track 5: A very folksy song, almost seems like a drinking song, that men would sing in a pub, haha. This song just puts you in a happy mood. Me likey.

Track 6: Eh singer has a touch of a whiny voice.. Kind of reminds me of Ra Ra Riot.. yeah not my favorite track, but it’s not terrible.

Track 7: Ooh love the deep cello with the keyboard intro, pretty chill song, I really like it. You can hear the singers passion as he grows gradually louder, and then into a really high falsetto. Thumbs up Mixtaper.

Track 8: Ah sorry I can’t listen to this track it is desperately messed up! I don’t think the song is suppose to sound like this, it’s like when you are trying to watch a tv show and a heavy rainstorm is going on outside and your satellite cuts in and out and the sound overlaps and cuts in and out. Ouch.

Track 9: The musical aspect to the song is nice, I like the drum, the fun guitar, but the singer..Oh the singer sounds like the singer from Fall out Boy ☹. Yeah not my favorite. Sorry.

Track 10: Sounds like a summer guitar song, and the drums just add to it. Fun chimes again, So many different instruments and sounds all in one! Crazy combo, but yet it works! Yeah this a summery song in my opinion, I think I shall keep it ;)

Track 11: Hmm I feel like I have heard this before but I just can’t remember the track name. This particular song has guitar riffs that remind me of two door cinema club. Not a bad track.

Track 12: Ah Bright Eyes. Yup good band. Nice choice mixtaper.

Track 13: Foster the People, Waste, tight band, tight song.

Track 14: Oh geez love this song! Young Folks, by Peter Bjorn and John. Classic song infact. Yay!

Track 15: This is probably my favorite song on the mixtape, it reminds me so much of Bon Iver.. Seriously gorgeous track and the piano, oh I am such a sucker for piano and strings. I will be keeping this one for sure!

Track 16: Hmm why does this sound so familiar? I’m pretty sure I have heard this track before.. A soft track to end the mixtape that asks question and lets you ponder what you have just heard. The guitar is charming, it’s soft, but helps the singer with just the right amount of background noise. Also a great track!

Oh mixtaper, you are a clever cookie, I love that you gave me a track summary, letting me here a couple of seconds of each song to refresh my memory. Overall a pretty good mixtape, Highlights are tracks 5, 7, 15, 16.

Well done, you have some great taste in music, it’s quite obvious in the songs you choose. Thank you for taking the time to make this tape!!

1. Great opener, me gusta. I can't put my fingers on the instrument used throughout the song and that has a solo at the end, sounds oriental haha. Nice bassline.

2. This one got me bobbing my head from the beginning. The voice is so so so so so familiar. I am sure I have checked out this band before, but I can't put my finger on it, and honestly, it has haunted me since I first listened to it last night jiuwhgefuiaywhgeaw. I like it.

3. I like the mix of the strings and the acoustic guitar. I think it's my favourite of the tape. The vocals are dreamy.And when the piano comes in, it just adds this thing to the song... Love it.'But it feeeels liiike foreeeeever when your mind turns to fiiictiionn'. Love this line.

4. Oooo electronic drums. Instrumental one. I love instrumentals. Great choice.

5. This is the first one of the tape that I didn't instantly like. Love the deep sounding cellos though at the beginning though. It's 3/4, isn't it? I'm not a fan of this time marking (or whatever you call it in English).

6. I think this is Bjork, isn't it? Sorry, not my kind of thing :/

7. I like the music. Not the vocals much. The song is a bit long, but it's fine. I don't dislike it, but it's not a favourite.

8. Back to a song that I absolutely enjoy! It's good. I like the vocals. Love the bass. Good one

9. Oooo nice intro. Like the vocals. I don't usually enjoy retro sounding songs like this, but I did this time.

10. Ooooooooo the bassline at the beginning. Catchy. I loved it from the beginning. And the children-like vocals are just a plus.

11. Doves! I gave them a listen before, but they're not really my thing. This song was enjoyable though. Nice choice.

12. My kind of intro, music + dreamy suonding guitar. I like the vocals. Sort of reminds me of The Orange Lights? I love this one.

Overall, I enjoyed the mixtape a lot. Only tracks 5 to 7 didn't really make that good of an impression on me, but it's okay, I appreciate that you tried to make me open my horizons.

Favourite tracks: 3, 10 and 12.

Thank you very much :D

Thanks for your mixtape ines! I really enjoyed it! I'll definitely check out the artists that I didn't know.

I took a similar pic in Central Park. But everything was covered in snow when I was there. :)

:D

No snow when I was there...but I remember it was freezing! :P

The Review: Where The Spirits Dwell

First of all I want to say the artwork is lovely. It really does fit into the feel of the music and the name. A very good personal touch added. Thank you :)

1. The intro is a bit eerie but then leads into joyous vocals and beautiful orchestrated music. A lovely enchanting track to start of the tape

2. The start of this one makes me think of the Disney film Song Of The South, it's a classic and should be watched by all incase anyone hasn't seen it. Her voice sounds very delicate and it has me stuck between Paloma Faith and Corrine Bailey Rae, it sounds like a combination of them both. It also leaves me wondering if it's a happy or sad song but i'd like to think it's a happy one. I love how stripped down the song is, just the singing and a keyboard, soft drumbeat and the nature sounds. a beautiful song.

3. This song caught me off guard. It's soft calm guitar and then the lyrics are sort of inspirational, sort of missing what you lost and want it back. I'm almost certain it's The Temper Trap and if it is then i'm getting their album cos this would be like the 4th song i've heard that from them that I like. It's 6 minutes long and when it gets to 3.50 that's when you know it was all just the calm before the storm and the song comes alive. Very passionate song in my opinion. Favourite song so far

4. On my first listen of this one I thought it was a song based on Beauty And The Beast because of them singing about a rose. Their voices both compliment each other and as the song progresses you want to hear how the story turns out. I like it but I won't be to bothered to find out who this is.

5. Elbow! You can't mistake Guy Garvey's voice for anyone. You'll see my ignorance towards the band now when you see my question. Is this before The Seldom Seen Kid or is it from the new album? I want to hear more of Elbow, in fact not want I need to hear more of Elbow.

6. For me this is the loudest song on the mixtape so far, I recognise the voice but can't think of who it is. It sounds like he's cheated on his girlfriend and came clean about it but she left him and he wants her back? I love the guitar in the song as well, has a great echo sound to it.

7. Loving the upbeat feel to this song. Again a voice I recognise but can't think of who it is. It has a very summery feel about it. I want to hear more from them, looking forward to finding out who it is.

8. Oooooh the bass in this is cool. This is another favourite for me, her voice is just so cool, this song is just cool. Basically it's cool. Jesus this song is great. I think i need to calm down a minute. Nope, no I can't, this is a highlight for me, really loving this song. Anyone else that downloads this mixtape, you have to listen to this song. Now excuse me while I go and calm down, I think I need some fresh air

9. A lovely acoustic track about what seems to be about a man in doubt and seems to depend on a particular someone, maybe the chicken that you hear at one point in the background? Whatever floats your boat. Again I love these kind of songs, very laid back and relaxing. I'm glad this tape is just full of them.

10. Another good acoustic song. The woman seems to be trying to tell the person she's singing about that they need to stand up for them self maybe? I like the calmness of it all but the fact that you can feel the tension within the lyrics and the trumpet. Good song

11. A lovely summery, acoustic song again. It makes me think of Latin Americans on a hot summers day out in the desert surrounded by sand and cactuses. I like this song, it makes me think of places like where I described. Lovely, happy music.

12. This song is just stunning. A great collaboration of beautiful sounds. Just beautiful, makes me want to go out in the sun find a grassy field and lay in it and just stare at the sky. It also reminds me of the Lloyd TSB Banking adverts except it's better. I've changed my mind about the grassy hill, it starts out like that but now it makes me think of rain, sadness, heartbreak. I can feel a story within this as it keeps going back and forth as now there's joy returning again. Maybe I'm just a very imaginative person but I can see the story unfolding in my mind as if i'm watching it on a TV. A very beautiful mixture of music. To be honest it's sad that it's only 8 and a half minutes long. I feel as if it ends too soon.

13. So from a roller coaster of emotions in the last song to what I think is a dark track. It seems the woman wants to be loved passionately. I think she must feel a need to emphasise the many ways to be loved and doesn't want to have her love ruined by the man being too drastic. A very blues song, hauntingly mellow, another beautiful voice.

14. Back to the upbeat stuff. I think I've heard this before but i'm not sure where. The acoustic guitar and the vocals really go well together. Although I do find it hard to make out what he's saying. It has a country touch to it. Very short song but it seemed right to be that short.

15. This song sort of reminds me of Embrace's song Out Of Nothing at the very beginning. I know this…… I'm not proud to say I do either. It's Robert Patternson and this is from the Twilight film. What's worse is I even know what scene it's from too. OK I don't like Twilight the series, but the soundtrack is good and the first film isn't bad. I feel ashamed to have recognised this :'( haha

16. I really do love how this mixtape has played out, all acoustic practically. The lyrics and vocals on this song is really nice. I love all the instruments in this song, everything seems to fit in well together. I want to hear more from this guy. Really beautiful song in my opinion.

17. My guess is that this is Bat For Lashes? It sounds a lot like there style. Another beautiful song full of life just dying to burst out and fill your ears with pleasantness. It's like it's teasing us, one moment it's very low and has nothing but the voice and piano. The next thing it has that build up that you just hope will amount to something but just as it's about to get there it goes away and goes to the low part again. Now it's returned to the build up and it's seems it's trying harder this time but again it returns to the low part and ends.

18. This feels like a folk song. Again I think I recognise the woman's voice but I can't think of who it is. A lovely laid back song of what I assume is about the love in a relationship is gone and they're trying to find it again.

19. This song is very different from everything else that's on this mixtape. It's all electric and has a Grizzly Bear sound to it. A fun sounding voice. I think it's The National is it? I like this song. It's upbeat, funky and fun. Now there's pace gaining on the song, I feel the mood of the song is changing and has become quite intense. It's just become cooler. Don't think it's The National anymore. I'm really loving the bass, guitar and keyboard in this. Awesome way to end the tape, Whoever this band is i'd say this song is awesome when played live. Great intense ending to the tape.

Overall: This was the best mixtape i've ever been given on this site and from friends. Thank you. It's so laid back and at times intense and the title fits it perfectly. I felt my spirit dwell on the 19 tracks and then by track 19 it felt like it was time for it to leave. The songs were all brilliantly positioned and as I already said the artwork was a great touch. It was a fantastic mixtape and i'll be passing it round to my friends because it's something that's worthy of sharing. :)

Highlights: Track 3 for me was special, something about it that has really got to me and I really want to hear more from them. Of course Track 8, Don't need to go into detail again lol. Then Track 12, it was just a beautiful story that came to an abrupt end.

If I have to rate the tape out of 10 I'll give it 11. I look forward to the tacklisting. Thank You again :)