✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven studio version effects

FJK_12

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought they were pre-recorded. And I think they're great. Some people are acting as if that's how the lead vocals are going to sound when I think that the live versions have demonstrated they are only there to provide a harmony and add to the context of the song.

Besides which, that karaoke version isn't exactly a professional edit and even still, if you listen closely enough to the backing vocals in any of the live performances, you can hear that it doesn't sound as "auto tuned" as the YouTube clip may make it seem. (And there is absolutely a difference between auto tune and synthesisers -- and an important one at that).

Everyone gets that they're backing vocals and what they're being used for. That doesn't make them immune from discussion though.

(p.s. ^ that wasn't directed at you by the way :nice: Just sick of reading "they're only backing vocals, chill out" as an arguement)

This is gonna sound very dull and obvious:

It's not like we can control what music they make, so I think everyone should just focus on what they do like and let go of the rest.

Try and be up for anything, but expect nothing. Works for me.

That's all.

:escaping:

It's not like we can control what music they make, so I think everyone should just focus on what they do like and let go of the rest.

That's all.

This. It does work well. When I heard ETIAW for the first time, I thought, "Oh great! Coldplay has gone POP!! :shocked2:" But after just excepting it and listening to it, I cannot get enough of that song!! It has been the most requested song on one of the radio stations that I listen to. We can't control what they do, so just try to enjoy it, and if you don't like it, then thats fine too. But we really don't know what anything will sound like yet, but we will find out in 60 Days ;) Well, at least people in the US will :cry: Everyone else gets it earlier :veryangry2: :laugh3:

Just because you don't understand the ones who like the vocal effects?

Sorry, but this is a way too intolerant.

I think that's not just because of the HLH thing. It's about people liking everything they do even if it's bad, it's about not having an opinion and rating 10/10 every single coldplay song even if we have a bad quality recording or even if it's really bad compared to other songs.

Everyone gets that they're backing vocals and what they're being used for. That doesn't make them immune from discussion though.

(p.s. ^ that wasn't directed at you by the way :nice: Just sick of reading "they're only backing vocals, chill out" as an arguement)

:kiss:

That's all.

This is so mediocre. I think all of us who are feeling bad about this it's because we know they can do better. And I've said this before but if every fan accepts everything they do including the wrong decisions they make and the bad songs, they won't do anything to get better, they'll just try to get bigger instead because fans are dumb enough to accept anything they release.

Guest howyousawtheworld

They don't sound good I believe. But they're backing vocals for gods sake! The backing vocals for Speed of Sound sound ridiculous on their own but are no problem incorporated with the main vocals. If the the main vocals are like that though then we are fucked!

Whether people like it or not is their taste though. There's no point in "long term" loyal fans protesting their ideas of "quality standards". No band will make music to please everyone of their fans. If I don't like it I won't even bother trying to ridicule them who do like it as "in denial" or "deluded fanboy/girlism". If that's their attitude that's their attitude. It's not up to others who disagree entirely to belittle them.

Guest howyousawtheworld
so we can't post our opinions? really?

Didn't say that. But the way you and Mike talk it's not an opinion is it. It's a given FACT when the likes of you come in...that said reading the comments I agree with most of what you, Mike, Approximately Infinite etc say but it's just a shared opinion at the end of the day. But I also agree with Blue Nails to a large extent because we can't control the music they put out and even if it is autotune they clearly want to have a bit of fun with it. Definitely not a mediocre opinion to me.

Also I think people are struggling to accept Coldplay being pop. That's a cause for many people's discomfort.

edited:

I'm not trying to make my opinions sound like facts, because it's all speculation. I'm just having a very strong opinion because I'm just extremely dissatisfied with the direction of the band and who they are trying to reach out to, and I also just feel in general that a lot of people are so easily willing to accept everything the band does even if it's not as good.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'm not trying to make my opinions sound like facts, because it's all speculation. I'm just having a very strong opinion because I'm just extremely dissatisfied with the direction of the band and who they are trying to reach out to, and I also just feel in general that a lot of people are so easily willing to accept everything the band does even if it's not as good.

Who says it's "not as good"? What's good for them may not be good for you. What's good for you may not be good for them.

Who says it's "not as good"? What's good for them may not be good for you. What's good for you may not be good for them.

okay... that is true. but once again it's just my opinion.

To be honest the music they're making now is less musical. I mean I was listening to a few songs from Parachutes yesterday and they're great. The arrangement and sound of the instruments together sounds so good even though there really isn't much going on. But then I hear more recent songs and it just sounds like a mess of sounds.

And like I said before I just feel that the band is using these synth voice effects, releasing songs like Teardrop, and dressing they're like from the 90's to appeal to a younger audience, which is what I don't like. It's like I feel they have to put up this image of themselves to get people to like them. Why not just be themselves? Like for their first 2 albums they didn't have to do any of these things and released the best material they have ever and probably ever will.

This is so mediocre. I think all of us who are feeling bad about this it's because we know they can do better. And I've said this before but if every fan accepts everything they do including the wrong decisions they make and the bad songs, they won't do anything to get better, they'll just try to get bigger instead because fans are dumb enough to accept anything they release.

I warned you. ;)

You're absolutely right. You missed the point of my post. What I meant is: enjoy the good songs and ignore everything else.

Ignoring is a good way to show you don't like something, without bothering other people and yourself.

You don't have to do it of course, but it worked for me.

Edit: I don't mean opinions aren't welcome, btw. It's just, sometimes less is more. (Speaking of mediocre. :P)

I think that's not just because of the HLH thing. It's about people liking everything they do even if it's bad, it's about not having an opinion and rating 10/10 every single coldplay song even if we have a bad quality recording or even if it's really bad compared to other songs.

Maybe there are really people, who love all the new songs because they are not so ridicolous stubborn that Coldplay should make a special kind of music (like Parachutes or AROBTTH), Lore? Maybe they love them all because they sound so fresh new and different to all the fucking pop songs in the world?

Why you obviate that you CAN love all the new songs without being a fangirl who rate everything at its best just because it is new and it is from Coldplay?

Maybe there are really people, who love all the new songs because they are not so ridicolous stubborn that Coldplay should make a special kind of music (like Parachutes or AROBTTH), Lore? Maybe they love them all because they sound so fresh new and different to all the fucking pop songs in the world to them?

Why you obviate that you CAN love all the new songs wothout being a fangirl who rate everything at its best just because it is new and it is from Coldplay?

This +938404704014

Maybe there are really people, who love all the new songs because they are not so ridicolous stubborn that Coldplay should make a special kind of music (like Parachutes or AROBTTH), Lore? Maybe they love them all because they sound so fresh new and different to all the fucking pop songs in the world to them?

Why you obviate that you CAN love all the new songs wothout being a fangirl who rate everything at its best just because it is new and it is from Coldplay?

+924565752

I love their old music and I love much more their new music.

+924565752

I love their old music and I love much more their new music.

Me too.

And about the robotic backing vocals on HLH: I really love them!

They make the song more "interesting" (don't know if it's the appropiate term)

And if anybody hasn't already said that: it's a vocoder not an autotune.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Maybe there are really people, who love all the new songs because they are not so ridicolous stubborn that Coldplay should make a special kind of music (like Parachutes or AROBTTH), Lore? Maybe they love them all because they sound so fresh new and different to all the fucking pop songs in the world?

Why you obviate that you CAN love all the new songs without being a fangirl who rate everything at its best just because it is new and it is from Coldplay?

That is a point well made. From the live performances I've heard these new songs are really fantastic. So good that they've made the VLVODAAHF live songs look mediocre in comparison and I genuinely believe that.

And yes - I think some people expect or want you to criticise everything Coldplay release now. If you don't you're accused as being in denial and a fanboy/fangirl!

Pathetic isn't it.

I mean in all honesty, I dont like every song Coldplay puts out, I dont like Yes, 42, What If, and etc.

I'm a techno, musical person and the effects they used in the song really appeal to my taste. Also having the backing vocals helps me understand music theory a bit further seeing as how no one has ever taught me -_-