✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven studio version effects

FJK_12

Hurts like Heaven Backing Track!

I found this video on youtube that is a really good backing track of hurts like heaven. This is not my video, credit goes to uploader 1993remco. This backing track sounds really good, and was professionally done. Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3gZAwcn0I]Coldplay - Hurts Like Heaven backing track - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread hurts my head now.

Like it or don't, hypothesize about what it means for the album track/general band trajectory or don't...either way, we've got nothing to do but predict until this thing comes out or leaks, so we might as well learn how to do it without calling people "not real fans" or fangirls/boys.

:hug:

Am I the only one who got flashbacks to Disneyland's Electrical Parade when the backing vocals came in? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMxWHnygWdM]Disneyland music- Main Street Electrical Parade part 1 - YouTube[/ame] (starts about 17 seconds in)

I found this video on youtube that is a really good backing track of hurts like heaven. This is not my video, credit goes to uploader 1993remco. This backing track sounds really good, and was professionally done. Enjoy!

I can't wait for the studio version! :dazzled:

• 2 weeks later...
Coldplay - MX / Hurts Like Heaven (Karaoke/Instrumental) - YouTube[/url]

I made a cover which also includes the backing track from the live performances. Hope you guys like it.

Amazing - Love it !!

Hurts Like Heaven is my favourite of the new songs.

Did you have to tweak the backing track much!!

Maybe there are really people, who love all the new songs because they are not so ridicolous stubborn that Coldplay should make a special kind of music (like Parachutes or AROBTTH), Lore? Maybe they love them all because they sound so fresh new and different to all the fucking pop songs in the world?

Why you obviate that you CAN love all the new songs without being a fangirl who rate everything at its best just because it is new and it is from Coldplay?

+72347236542343489

Dude, congratulations. You make it.

I will take this like my signature.

Also

And FYI, Eno was never as involved with Joshua or Achtung as he was with Viva or IS with this album. The only U2 album that Eno was truly huge on was definitely The Unforgettable Fire. U2 has always been able to create a very good tune, and Eno was always there to create a cohesive structure to their material. THAT'S what a producer is for.

Really? Let's not forget "No Line On the Horizon", where he also acted as a writer for the songs. Eno guided U2 through "The Unforgettable Fire", but he was a band member with "No Line. . ." If you get the chance, go look at the credits for that album and he is ALL over it.

At the end of the day, Brian Eno has been a great (crucial) influence on Coldplay, but it is by their conscious decision that they choose to let him work with them and it is by their decision to put songs on the album that are heavily influenced by him. He doesn't force them to do anything. I can't say it's right to blame the sound of the album on Eno when it was Coldplay who hired him in the first place and made the choice to let him influence them so heavily (which is an A+++ in my book because I love the heck out of what he has done with the boys).

Just thought it would be worth keeping that in mind. It would be interesting to see what their music would be like today had they not hired him (not saying it would be better or worse!).

• 3 weeks later...

Okay after listening with headphones, I'm getting really worried about these vocals. I kind of like them, but in the Letterman performance, the backups are actually LOUDER than Chris in some parts. I like the idea of them, but frankly there are two many backup vocals - the end of every verse stanza by my reckoning and then the choruses. Basically, a lot. Which means like Major Minus, people will hate it. A lot. For a long time. Until they realize they're actually kind of cool. I hate vocal-playback live though. :(

Okay after listening with headphones, I'm getting really worried about these vocals. I kind of like them, but in the Letterman performance, the backups are actually LOUDER than Chris in some parts. I like the idea of them, but frankly there are two many backup vocals - the end of every verse stanza by my reckoning and then the choruses. Basically, a lot. Which means like Major Minus, people will hate it. A lot. For a long time. Until they realize they're actually kind of cool. I hate vocal-playback live though. :(

I see where your coming from :nod:

I think with the Lettermen performance they're just messing around for harmonies :lol: