✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Amazing Spider-Man

jimmyarts

"The Parker footage was set to Coldplay's new song "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall," suggesting the movie is very concerned with being emotionally real and grounded, and less concerned about a comic-book world painted in broad strokes. Parker isn't a simple nerd but has a punk and sarcastic attitude; his Spider-Man is cocky and mischievous."

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-2011-andrew-garfield-214535

"It was a sweet, seemingly heartfelt attempt to win over fans, one in keeping with what appears to be — based on the clips shown during the panel — a Spider-man adaptation with a more emotional sensibility. Let me put it this way: during a clip of Peter and Gwen flirting in their high school hallway, the sounds of Coldplay could be heard."

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/the-amazing-spider-man-revealed-at-comic-con/2011/07/22/gIQAOUXWUI_blog.html

;)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that it's actually Till Kingdom Come that is in the trailer, and not ETIAW. The news source apparently couldn't tell the difference :\

Proof that some people think bands/artists are equal to their latest single. Or what?

• 11 months later...

^ And he finds out what he is able to do with his new found powers. They use a good chunk of the song. But the movie is well worth watching. My favorite scene was when Peter promised Captain Stacey that he would leave Gywen out of this. Then captain died and Spidey let out a loud "Nooooooo!!" that sounded cool but hauntingly sad. Better than James Earl Jones in ROTS. IMO.

It was way more like how I imagined Spidey... I mean I liked Raimi's movies, but they just didn't fulfill my vision like this one did.

I somewhat agree. I believe the Rami films gave people a feeling of who Spidey is. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I think SM3 was good. The music was too :P. I loved TASM. I might go see it again. It follows the comics more and seems more "Realistic" if I may say so.

Agreed. Maybe it was more realistic because of emotional depth? :shrug: I want to see it again too. :)

OMG Yes!! It was Amazing :awesome: I almost cried...and I never cry

Except for when Harry died in SM3...that was terrible...

:)