✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Tracklisting

jeffmmhmm

I'd like to hear "Spanish Rain!" Or if not on the album, at least a studio version.

The oracle said spanish rain will be released on an EP after Mylo Xyloto. Although I hope it doesn't get released at all because it's an obvious copy of dancing in the dark, even more than Viva and If I could fly. Even if they get permission, it's not very creative. I know they've used other band's riffs and chords before (like in talk and etiaw), but for spanish rain they copied the entire verse of dancing in the dark.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they wan't to make a 42 minutes album with 13 tracks there's no excuse for not putting Hurts Like Heaven in. 42 minutes for 13 tracks and we have 2,48 minutes for each track. Supposing that we have ETIAW and HLH with ~4 minutes we have a balance with UTAW that is not so big and we may have Mylo Xyloto, if it is the actual MX, with 42 seconds, what give us much time for other songs. If we have a not-so-big song like we had Chinese Sleep Chant on Viva, the rest may fit perfectly on the 42,5 minutes.

My Dream Tracklist

1. Mylo Xyloto (full song if it's a title track)

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Paradise

4. Sex and Violence

5. Princess of China (of course!)

6. Charlie Brown (best of the new songs)

7. Up in Flames (anxious)

8. A Hopeful Transmission

9. Great Expectations

10. Tomorrow

11. U.F.O

12. Up With The Birds

13. Us Against The World

No particular order. I don't want ETIAW, MM, or MTM to be on MX cause we've already heard their studio versions.

MX (30 sec)

Hurts Like Heaven

Us Against the World

Every Teardrop

UFO

Paradise

Charlie Brown (though I prefer Cartoon Heart)

ALIEN RADIO!!!

Princess of China

Up In Flames

Oh and the 480 other songs!!!

Don't be scaring me about HLH not being on there. It will. (hopefully)

If they wan't to make a 42 minutes album with 13 tracks there's no excuse for not putting Hurts Like Heaven in. 42 minutes for 13 tracks and we have 2,48 minutes for each track. Supposing that we have ETIAW and HLH with ~4 minutes we have a balance with UTAW that is not so big and we may have Mylo Xyloto, if it is the actual MX, with 42 seconds, what give us much time for other songs. If we have a not-so-big song like we had Chinese Sleep Chant on Viva, the rest may fit perfectly on the 42,5 minutes.

The rule is

Albums must be no longer than 42 minutes, or 9 tracks.

Which means it can be longer that 42 minutes, if it follows the 9 track rule. If the songs are long, they can go over 42. its OR not AND, so they could include whatever they want its just whether its 42 minutes, or 9 songs.

When you really think about it though, this backwater thinking is getting kind of silly. If it fits with the theme of the album and it's a great track then include it. Why limit yourself with frustrating rules that you yourself made up? If the song fits and makes for a better album then why leave it off? All that frustration over some insignificant, made-up time constraint.

i didn't make up the rules or the time constraint, coldplay said the album would be 42.5 min in the recent interview. And it's not that i don't want hurts like heaven on the the album, it's one of my favorite new songs. It will just be interesting how they fit all these songs in. They'll need, like someone said, a couple short songs if they are going to include etiaw, hlh, cb, and uatw, all 4+ min songs, on the album.

i didn't make up the rules or the time constraint, coldplay said the album would be 42.5 min in the recent interview. And it's not that i don't want hurts like heaven on the the album, it's one of my favorite new songs. It will just be interesting how they fit all these songs in. They'll need, like someone said, a couple short songs if they are going to include etiaw, hlh, cb, and uatw, all 4+ min songs, on the album.

Im pretty sure they said in the interview that they think the album will be under 50 minutes. I may be wrong, but I do not recall a definate 42.5

Im pretty sure they said in the interview that they think the album will be under 50 minutes. I may be wrong, but I do not recall a definate 42.5

Yeah you're right, in that interview Dave Holmes said that they all agreed on the album being under 50 min. But I could have sworn I heard from somewhere on here their goal was to make the album 42.5 min. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong, we'll just have to wait and see

Fitting the time

Lets imagine a tracklisting (Please, it's just to fit the time, it's not something defined nor my preferential tracklisting):

IF we have an album with 42:30 minutes/13 tracks then:

Mylo Xyloto - .............................0:42

Hurts Like Heaven - ..................4:04 - Approximately

Major Minus - ............................3:30

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - .4:03

Charlie Brown - .........................4:38 - Approximately

Us Against the World - ..............4:40 - Approximately

Princess of China - ....................3:35 - Approximately

Paradise - ..................................No Idea

U.F.O. - ......................................No Idea

Up in Flames - ............................No Idea

A Hopeful Transmission - ...........No Idea

Tomorrow - ................................No Idea

Great Expectations or

Up With the Birds - ....................No Idea

25:12 of 42:30

we have 17:18 to spend with 6 tracks

It gives 3:20 for each of the 6 tracks.

Result - It fits perfectly

Songs I think SHOULD be on Mylo Xyloto (I accidentally typed LP5 :lol:)

Mylo Xyloto (MX)

Hurts Like Heaven

Charlie Brown

Major Minus (Reworked. Keep the vocal effects, but the music needs to be more like the live version).

Princess of China

Alien Radio

Golden Arrow

Up in Flames

Paradise

Car Kids

My Mylo Xyloto tracklist!

1. Hurts Like Heaven

2. Charlie Brown

3. Major Minus

4. Us Against The World

5. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

6. Moving To Mars

7. Princess Of China

8. Mylo Xyloto

9. Paradise

10. Car Kids

11. Up With The Birds

12. Tomorrow

13. Up In Flames

Tom.

Charlie Brown, Major Minus, Paradise, Up in Flames, Us Against the World, Mylo Xyloto, Princess Of China, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, Car Kids, Hurts Like Heaven & Rex

You have posted this same tracklist for quite a while now.

You need to take into consideration what it takes to make an album. It fits in well with the concept and it flows well, ETIAW was just a preview EP. An album is like a painting; just because we've seen beige in a painting before doesn't mean the artist can't use it again in another.

Actually the EP is the ink that the artist didn't had to use to finish his painting. So he uses that left over to paint another work. And wouldn't make any sense painting two different pieces with repeated elements.

CP have hundreds of lyrics to raise, they don't need to feed the grown songs anymore.

I'm almost sure MTM (my favourite ETIAW EP song) won't make to MX, unfortunatelly.