✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What will be the next single from LP5 (MYLO XYLOTO?)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone assuming the next single will be a festival song? I'm very, very sure Coldplay is going to give us something new.

That's always a possibility, but I think that the first proper album single would be from the festivals so fans already know the song a bit.

?

That's always a possibility, but I think that the first proper album single would be from the festivals so fans already know the song a bit.

?

I personally believe the new songs played thus far were give the fans new material and recognize their new style, but also a teaser of things to come. I expect Coldplay to release new material for their upcoming single, as they have always done.

^ Yeah. So if ETIAW was the first single, the next is gonna be their big track. I voted for Charlie too, although I like Hurts Like Heaven a little better.

However, I hope that Every Teardrop won't make the album (Don't get me wrong, I like ETIAW, just not as much as the other new songs.) and I hope we're going to get a single we haven't heard and I hope we also haven't heard their best LP5 song yet. I know, my expectations are probably too high. :\

Definitely Hurts Like Heaven, then Charlie Brown.

Still looking forward to hear the studio versions but I'm sure that nearly everyone will dislike them just because Coldplay live is the best. The studio versions can't be as good as the live ones. Its the same like Major Minus.

Why does everyone have a problem with people saying that they like the title Car Kids. Just because we haven't heard it doesn't mean we can't say whether or not the title is good because for the time being it is all we have to go on!! It really isn't an issue, guys come on!!!!

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Hurts Like Heaven.

Admittedly it would make more sense to release a new song we have already heard like CB or HLH but i just cant help thinking that all the small pieces of evidence point precariously towards Car Kids!!

The people that watch the concerts online, go to the concerts and post on sites such as this one is not who the record is going to be marketed too. It's already assumed we are all going to get the album, they will market it to the general public, which is why I doubt they use a new song, unless Up in Flames turns out to be a classic.

Charlie Brown is a tailor made radio hit, Hurts Like Heaven doesn't feel as anthemic to me and for all we know Car Kids is 5 minutes of them hitting a car with their instruments (although I doubt that it is) Strawberry Swing is a cool name too but it is my lest favorite tune on Viva.

Point is, the next single is likely going to be the most marketable song, because in the end, this is still a business, or else they'd be giving away the music for free and charging $10 for their concerts.

The people that watch the concerts online, go to the concerts and post on sites such as this one is not who the record is going to be marketed too. It's already assumed we are all going to get the album, they will market it to the general public, which is why I doubt they use a new song, unless Up in Flames turns out to be a classic.

Charlie Brown is a tailor made radio hit, Hurts Like Heaven doesn't feel as anthemic to me and for all we know Car Kids is 5 minutes of them hitting a car with their instruments (although I doubt that it is) Strawberry Swing is a cool name too but it is my lest favorite tune on Viva.

Point is, the next single is likely going to be the most marketable song, because in the end, this is still a business, or else they'd be giving away the music for free and charging $10 for their concerts.

That's right it needs to be something that will start the LP5 era off with a bang!!