✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does Charlie Brown sound different??

thedrpepper08

Is it just me, or did they add some more... something to Charlie Brown. I noticed it when they performed it on Jimmy Kimmel, and then when I heard their Lollapalooza performance, the song just sounded fuller. Especially during Johnny's hook. It sounds like they added a keyboard or synth sound (sort of like Lovers in Japan?). Anyone else notice that? I LOVE it.

They've been doing this since Glastonbury...another poster said it was applying the chorus effect to the guitar, which I agree with. The effect basically takes what is played and replays it on top of what's being played but at minute differences in tune, which makes it sound like one thing is being played (or sung) by a chorus and thusly sound more full. Not technically a backing track so much as it is a clever guitar effect. And yes, it sounds great!!! :D

On Jimmy Kimmel, the piano part was included in the CB coverage, making it a probable outro.

Or he is just so used to doing that in concert that he did it at the end again, or he was so jet lagged he forgot he didn't need to do it. I'm in the "it's the intro for LiFL" camp.

Or he is just so used to doing that in concert that he did it at the end again, or he was so jet lagged he forgot he didn't need to do it. I'm in the "it's the intro for LiFL" camp.

Thats pretty doubtful, Im pretty sure they have a grasp on what theyre doing.

i've seen/ heard nearly every CB performance and kimmel was one of the worst, because it's lacking bass. that is why you suppose it sounds clear, the bass is missing, and i missed it a lot 'cause the rest (e.g. audibility of the backing tracks ) & quality was pretty good ._.

so yes, CB sounded different there.... the best ones are Rock am Ring and Main Square Festival, i think maybe lollapalooza, too, not too sure...

and also, i thought the exact same thing until i've seen kimmel - piano = lifl intro; but the moment i heard CB end and ETIAW start, i came to the conclusion that it's a CB outro rather than a lifl intro

In most performances Chris says 'thank you' after finishing Charlie Brown and then waiting 10 seconds or more before playing the next piano part. Doesn't really feel like an outro to Charlie Brown at all. I'm pretty sure it's just something they'll do live to transition into Life is for Living.

The fact that they didn't play the piano part at Oxygen probably confirms that it's an intro to Life is for Living. They played Ride On instead of Life is for Living at that gig.

it's definitely the intro to Life is for Living, it doesn't sound like it goes with CB at all - there's no uncertainty about it. They recorded it twice for JKL that's why you hear it like that. Again, no piano outro to CB, it's for life is for living, it's like an impromptu intro to the song. I don't understand why some coldplay fans can't reason and think everything is something which it clearly is not... anyway love that life is for living is coming back, such a classic from parachutes. and perhaps in theme for the new album's concept and story.