✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

I still say it's a mistake to take every idle comment they make as something written in stone.

Anything the band members say about a new album, represents only what they're thinking at that one particular moment, and probably shouldn't be considered as anything more than that.:)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are getting too excited about this, Jonny probably just meant that they have it in mind when to really start working on new songs for a new album. My guess is after this tour ends in november they take a month or 2 off, and then in Januar or Februar 2013 they commence actively writing new songs, so this means LP6 around the end of 2013 or summer/autumn 2014(which I think is more likely). So people don't get too excited! (Although I wouldn't mind a release of unreleased MX era songs, Car Kids, Golden Arrow, Wedding Bells and so on before that time, maybe even during the tour. But now this seems very unlikely)

But for now let's just enjoy this era and the tour.:)

It's a wonderful thing to know that the band know they will eventually produce another album, and that's all it takes to make me satisfied.

I'm not so much into Coldplay these days, but I feel safe when I know their existence is not open to any suspicion.

I still say it's a mistake to take every idle comment they make as something written in stone.

Anything the band members say about a new album, represents only what they're thinking at that one particular moment, and probably shouldn't be considered as anything more than that.:)

This and the post above.

However, to be fair. I'd say: "It's a mistake to take every idle comment CHRIS makes as being something written in stone.",lol. It's not as much like Jonny to say something like that if the topic hasn't at least been discussed. But most likely the band has fallen into a pattern with touring and recording, so always have a general idea of when they might start writing/recording a new album.

This and the post above.

However, to be fair. I'd say: "It's a mistake to take every idle comment CHRIS makes as being something written in stone.",lol. It's not as much like Jonny to say something like that if the topic hasn't at least been discussed. But most likely the band has fallen into a pattern with touring and recording, so always have a general idea of when they might start writing/recording a new album.

It's not just Coldplay though, their recording/release/tour pattern is roughly fairly normal for a band of their age and level of success. Heck, U2 goes 4-5 years between albums these days, and Aerosmith have been "working on" a new studio album for almost a decade now.:rolleyes: Simply put, huge bands don't have the commercial imperative to release new material, so they tend to do it whenever they can be arsed to get around to it.

It's not just Coldplay though, their recording/release/tour pattern is roughly fairly normal for a band of their age and level of success. Heck, U2 goes 4-5 years between albums these days, and Aerosmith have been "working on" a new studio album for almost a decade now.:rolleyes: Simply put, huge bands don't have the commercial imperative to release new material, so they tend to do it whenever they can be arsed to get around to it.

U2 and Aerosmith have been going since the 70's so put simply your argument is extremely flawed!

• 2 weeks later...
And no we have Will saying they may go back to their roots a little for the next one. Still nothing to take to the bank, but it would certainly make me very happy!:D

It's the opposite for me, I really hope they won't :P

Seriously, I would prefer a house music album than that :|

And no we have Will saying they may go back to their roots a little for the next one. Still nothing to take to the bank, but it would certainly make me very happy!:D

What,really,where,when?! :o Personally, I don't get it why would going back to their roots (not entirely,though) necessarily involve an album inferior to any of those that they produced. That's just bollocks. It would make many of us happy, indeed.

What,really,where,when?! :o Personally, I don't get it why would going back to their roots (not entirely,though) necessarily involve an album inferior to any of those that they produced. That's just bollocks. It would make many of us happy, indeed.

Sorry, my bad. It was Phil that said it to Ian. Here's the post.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5323242&postcount=310

Even if they do go back to their roots, they've learned and evolved so much that there will still be elements of their recent work. It's unavoidable. A band can't un-learn or ignore their evolution, imo.

Back to their roots with something new?

I really miss the Piano songs! Please on LP6 new songs like Trouble and Clocks!

You have a point there. Let's compare how many piano songs there are on each album:

Para: 3 (Trouble, ENL, LIFL)

AROB: 5 (Politik, The Scientist, Clocks, Daylight, Amsterdam)

X&Y: 6 (What If, Fix You, X&Y, SOS, THP, SITS)

VLV: 4 (42, LIJ, ROL, DAAHF)

MX: 3 (MX, Paradise, UIF)

That's including all songs in which Chris predominantly plays the piano/organ for the majority of live performances. (If I have missed any please let me know)

As you can see the number of piano songs peaked around AROBTTH/X&Y and then decreased. Hopefully they won't continue that trend with LP6! If Phil says they are 'going back to their roots' then hopefully that means more piano songs and less... whatever POC is... songs.

Sorry, my bad. It was Phil that said it to Ian. Here's the post.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5323242&postcount=310

Even if they do go back to their roots, they've learned and evolved so much that there will still be elements of their recent work. It's unavoidable. A band can't un-learn or ignore their evolution, imo.

Woooow, that was huge! Also, Will an avid follower of coldplaying.com? Well that's interesting.

And I absolutely agree with your statement, what a nice way to put it. Thanks a bunch for sharing this.

I think, and hope they won't go all the way back to the AROBTTH style (like Keane with the boring Strangeland), but I do think some elemments from Viva might come back, as the use of different instrumments. I'd be really pleased if the supernatural connected and revolutionary themed lyrics had a new chance on the next one, but I doubt it.

I seriously can't wait for this next album, and although I would want it sooner than later, I feel like each album "era" per se has a certain feel to it a la Sergeant Pepper or Dark Side of the Moon. Those are revolutionary albums, and that is why I am loving the themes to these last two albums. Hopefully they'll release an EP to satisfy us for now, but I would love the possibility of a completely new era next time. Don't want to do the same thing twice, right? :)

I seriously can't wait for this next album, and although I would want it sooner than later, I feel like each album "era" per se has a certain feel to it a la Sergeant Pepper or Dark Side of the Moon. Those are revolutionary albums, and that is why I am loving the themes to these last two albums. Hopefully they'll release an EP to satisfy us for now, but I would love the possibility of a completely new era next time. Don't want to do the same thing twice, right? :)

I'd love it if they'd take the time to completely put this era out of their heads...not that it's good or bad, but just to have clear perspective on new songs. I don't mind waiting a long time if it means a band I love has taken their time and really taken a new approach to a new album. MX isn't my favorite, but they did give it time after VLV/DAAHF, and I'll always be patient if that's how they approach the process.

K...rambling...night. :)