✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

I'd rather they head in the direction of Radiohead than U2 that's for sure.

And I'd rather Radiohead had seized the brass ring after OK Computer and tried to become the biggest band in the world in earnest, instead of disappearing down the rabbit hole of deep experimentation and electronic music, but they made the choice that was best from their perspective, and I respect that. Coldplay has clearly made the opposite choice, and I also respect that. I just don't see why everyone always has to assume cynical motives for things like this, I mean, money aside, it looks like it would be a hell of a lot of fun to be in U2 these days, so maybe that's why bands do it. It's not always money and commercial appeal that makes people want to be that popular.;)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'd rather Radiohead had seized the brass ring after OK Computer and tried to become the biggest band in the world in earnest, instead of disappearing down the rabbit hole of deep experimentation and electronic music, but they made the choice that was best from their perspective, and I respect that. Coldplay has clearly made the opposite choice, and I also respect that. I just don't see why everyone always has to assume cynical motives for things like this, I mean, money aside, it looks like it would be a hell of a lot of fun to be in U2 these days, so maybe that's why bands do it. It's not always money and commercial appeal that makes people want to be that popular.;)

Radiohead could have never become the biggest band in the world they never were commerical enough. Also Radiohead are pretty unique which makes it pretty hard to go down that route.

Radiohead could have never become the biggest band in the world they never were commerical enough. Also Radiohead are pretty unique which makes it pretty hard to go down that route.

They had the tools and back in 1998-9 the juice to make a legitimate run at the title, they just wouldn't have been able to do some of the stuff they did, would have had to tour a lot more, and work on developing a stage pressence a little more "showbiz" than what they had. Clearly Tom wasn't cut out to do those things on a personality level though, and that's cool. Their early guitar based sound wasn't nearly as experimental or unique as they became post 2000.

I guess my whole attachment to Coldplay becoming a big world eating mega entity is based on the fact that IMHO the world does need one band like that to carry the torch of over the top rock sillyness, and U2 aren't going to be around forever.

MX isnt a shitty album. You know what is a shitty album?, Justin Bieber's "Believe" :smug:

THIS!:lol:

I'd love longer albums, but it's not likely since they always keep them short and want to avoid filler. And come to that, I'd rather have 42 minutes of amazing than 79 minutes that'shalf crap.

Now I'm dreaming of a double album. One acoustic one more rock oriented. 42 minutes apiece. Daydreaming,lol.

^ Please no, don't let it be longer than X&Y :no:

and MX had a deluxe edition...

Really?, Because I don't remember MX having an official Deluxe Edition because Deluxe Editions usually have bonus tracks of ORIGINAL MATERIAL. And you rather wait three years for less than an hour than music? wow

And by the way only true fans would want it longer than X & Y

Really?, Because I don't remember MX having an official Deluxe Edition because Deluxe Editions usually have bonus tracks of ORIGINAL MATERIAL. And you rather wait three years for less than an hour than music? wow

X&y was their abbey road rush of blood was their Sgt pepper still waiting for their 30 song white album

Oh my God, shut up about the 'true fan' thing.

Please. :|

LP6 could be longer than all the other albums and have a "Deluxe Edition"

It's one of the band rules that song time is not longer than 42 minutes. For Example, minus the three instrumentals on LP5, the track time is 42 minutes.:inquisitive:

EDIT: Fixed my grammar. I feel bad. :/

I won't even bother to talk about the "true fan" stuff, although you wrote X&Y wrong, there's no space on the title... :dozey:

This kind of "Deluxe Editions" for me are just a ridiculous way labels found to charge more for a product that coasts the same thing as the normal edit one for it. Also the albums usually sound strange with 3 or 4 bonus tracks after a "closing" song.

No, I don't like to wait 3 years for 45 minutes of music, I'd be pleased to get more b-sides and EP's or wait less time. The thing is, I like to listen to albums from begining to end, and although long albums can be great (The Wall, White Album) it's almost impossible to carefully listen to them in one go. Also, with longer length the chances of getting not so good songs increese a lot (The Hardest Part and X&Y for example).

Isn't it weird to think that this thread is gonna stick around until we know the name of LP6?

Yep, better get used to it! And even when we do find out the name of LP6, I'm pretty sure they'll just rename this thread with the name of the album. So I think people will be posting in this thread for a couple more years at least ;)

Yep, better get used to it! And even when we do find out the name of LP6, I'm pretty sure they'll just rename this thread with the name of the album. So I think people will be posting in this thread for a couple more years at least ;)

Oh yeah. This thread is here to stay for years to come. :P

THIS!:lol:

I'd love longer albums, but it's not likely since they always keep them short and want to avoid filler. And come to that, I'd rather have 42 minutes of amazing than 79 minutes that'shalf crap.

Now I'm dreaming of a double album. One acoustic one more rock oriented. 42 minutes apiece. Daydreaming,lol.

Sadly.

I'm really curious as to whether they think the only way to advance is to introduce themselves in a new style of music. I hope not. Not that I want them to bore me like Nickelback or The Fray with the tedious sameness of their sound, but I really hope they do consider trying something that resembles their old sound and style when they decide to start the creation of LP6.

I won't even bother to talk about the "true fan" stuff, although you wrote X&Y wrong, there's no space on the title... :dozey:

This kind of "Deluxe Editions" for me are just a ridiculous way labels found to charge more for a product that coasts the same thing as the normal edit one for it. Also the albums usually sound strange with 3 or 4 bonus tracks after a "closing" song.

No, I don't like to wait 3 years for 45 minutes of music, I'd be pleased to get more b-sides and EP's or wait less time. The thing is, I like to listen to albums from begining to end, and although long albums can be great (The Wall, White Album) it's almost impossible to carefully listen to them in one go. Also, with longer length the chances of getting not so good songs increese a lot (The Hardest Part and X&Y for example).

Well let's see, in deluxe editions they can tweak the tracklist to make it longer by putting tracks in between rather than after. (Blink 182's Neighborhoods or Diddy's Last Train To Paris Anyone?):wink3:

To me, Parachutes, Viva la Vida, and Mylo Xyloto are the only albums which I can listen all the way through without having to skip.

Both AROBTTH and X&Y are longer albums that have a few songs that are not necessarily bad, but they're not as good as the other songs.

Rush of Blood has a lot of their best songs, but (in my opinion) A Whisper is not on the same level as any of the other songs on that album.

X&Y has some great songs as well, but (in my opinion) What If, Low, and The Hardest Part are just not up to par with the rest of the album.

I don't know why I think this way, but to me their most cohesive album is MX (the theme and the story behind it), then Viva (revolution theme), then Parachutes (just the mellowness of the album), then Rush (A Whisper is the only one that sounds a bit different from the other songs. It sounds more like X&Y material), and finally X&Y (which they even admitted they had a difficult time when putting the album together).

I feel I really like their rule of around 42 minutes an album. I wouldn't mind them creating a double album (like The Wall), or similar to Viva, an album and EP. As long as it doesn't detract from the cohesiveness of the album and theme.

That was a pretty long explanation. :O

I think AROBTTH and X & Y is EASILY their best albums! But to be honest I love all of Coldplay's albums. Unfortunately MX is the only one where I have to skip tracks at times.

Whatever they want to do for their 6th album, I'm sure it will be better than any fantasy I could come up with, and will amaze me! Just don't keep us waiting too long. If they won't do another album until say 2014, I hope they release an EP that can stay part of the Mylo Xyloto era the fourth quarter this year or first quarter of 2013 to tide us over for when they've finished the tour and want to rest/work on the next album.