LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:surprised:

I'm surprised he actually answered that question!

Kind of hoping they switch labels though. Or maybe even do it on their own, fund it themselves. Heck, my friend's band funded the full recording/production/distribution process themselves for $2,000, so I think Coldplay could handle it...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcoLLm0X7rdkCsySp913nerZnDhD9osbkgWiIbbBFn7pOrGu3D

But your friend doesn't need to ship millions of copies, blus worldwide internet campaign plus travel globally to do publicity etc.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I'd love to see them go indie, but it's going to cost a shitload of money,lol.

I'm surprised Jonny was so candid. Chris would never have answered, or if he had he'd have lied,lol.

As long as Jonny wasn't thinking "When Hell freezes over!" we're fine!:D

But your friend doesn't need to ship millions of copies, blus worldwide internet campaign plus travel globally to do publicity etc.

Yeah but Coldplay pay people to do all that stuff for them anyway (it's not free), so by cutting out the middleman they'll make more money. They already pay for their global travel to promote (out of paycheck as opposed to out of pocket). If they did it themselves they wouldn't have to promote it nearly as much anyway, wouldn't have to do as many shows, wouldn't have to charge as much. All the CD/download sales goes straight to them.

For all of the above... see Radiohead (In Rainbows). And even though Radiohead let people pay what they wanted for the music (even if it was nothing), they still ended up netting more money than they ever did with a label. Sold less, but made more.

COLDPLAY DO IT YOURSELVES YO

Yeah but Coldplay pay people to do all that stuff for them anyway (it's not free), so by cutting out the middleman they'll make more money. They already pay for their global travel to promote (out of paycheck as opposed to out of pocket). If they did it themselves they wouldn't have to promote it nearly as much anyway, wouldn't have to do as many shows, wouldn't have to charge as much. All the CD/download sales goes straight to them.

For all of the above... see Radiohead (In Rainbows). And even though Radiohead let people pay what they wanted for the music (even if it was nothing), they still ended up netting more money than they ever did with a label. Sold less, but made more.

COLDPLAY DO IT YOURSELVES YO

The main cost is all that shipping. But yeah, IR is the perfect example, and I'd LOVE to see Coldplay follow RH's example.

As long as they don't make an In Rainbows I'm fine if they do it by themselves. As for switching labels, I see EMI as a pretty good one to be in, they don't usually do much pression on their artists to make the kind of music they want, while others do, btw they are fucking coldplay, labels would be on their knees for them.

I don't why this is, but I've never ever thought of Coldplay's current or next album (regardless of when, might have been after X&Y, or VLVODAAHF, or MX) to be their last. I don't know. Coldplay has been with me for nearly 10 years, I just think they will be there forever.

I've never even consider the possibility of them not releasing anything new and touring in the future.

Yup, that's what I was going to say. That's about the rate at which they release albums.

An EP in the next year to tide us over would be nice, but I'm content no matter what they do.

Agreed with 2014 and Tracie :nod:

I don't know guys, they haven't said anything. I mean I was certain about an EP, but at this point, I'm not sure. Now they are thinking about another album. PM was released way before they were set on MX. That was when they still wanted an acoustic LP5. I really want an EP, but I don't want my hopes too high. Then again they also might just surprise us out of nowhere :)