✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

And no we have Will saying they may go back to their roots a little for the next one. Still nothing to take to the bank, but it would certainly make me very happy!:D

And they continue to follow the path of Radiohead, with Amnesiac to Hail to The Thief.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,look what I just found:

http://www.voice.fi/uutiset/musiikki/coldplay-haluaa-tehda-klubimusiikkia/1/38010

In english: Coldplay would like to do some dancemusic. They have worked with Calvin Harris and Chris says,that they will have the hottest dance hit this summer.

(I am sorry for my bad english,I hope you understand.) But what do you think,is Chris just joking again? I really hope this is not true!

Hey,look what I just found:

http://www.voice.fi/uutiset/musiikki/coldplay-haluaa-tehda-klubimusiikkia/1/38010

In english: Coldplay would like to do some dancemusic. They have worked with Calvin Harris and Chris says,that they will have the hottest dance hit this summer.

(I am sorry for my bad english,I hope you understand.) But what do you think,is Chris just joking again? I really hope this is not true!

It was joke piece. Not true. There was a thread about it in the "Coldplay" part of the forum before and it was an April Fools Joke.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92795

I agree with what is being said in this thread lately. Coldplay needs to rediscover the beauty of the piano. I think a piano-heavy LP6 would be ideal for me. But that's going to be a while, so let's enjoy the now. Coldplay are at the peak right now in their live performances. MX is still fresh to me!

Jonny said during the live chat a few weeks ago that the band had a pretty good idea when they'd like to start work on a new album, and Phil just told Ian that the band would like to go 'back to their' roots for the next album. So it's not really 'confirmation' but it doesn't sound like they're calling it quits either. :)

Its great to hear that there will be an LP6!

However, I thoroughly believe that they won't go back to their roots and they will progress forwards as they have done with the last 2 albums. Personally I would love to have a more rock orientated record, with more guitars!

Its great to hear that there will be an LP6!

However, I thoroughly believe that they won't go back to their roots and they will progress forwards as they have done with the last 2 albums. Personally I would love to have a more rock orientated record, with more guitars!

:nod: more like Glass Of Water, 42, Major Minus and Violet Hill and less like Paradise and Up With The Birds (although I love both songs)

I would love to see a hard rock record from Coldplay. Obviously it won't be as hard rock as other bands, but with Jonny's guitars taking lead, and Chris's piano also. Really want to see a mix between Rush and Viva era. Something that goes back to their roots, but progresses forward.

I would love to see a hard rock record from Coldplay. Obviously it won't be as hard rock as other bands, but with Jonny's guitars taking lead, and Chris's piano also. Really want to see a mix between Rush and Viva era. Something that goes back to their roots, but progresses forward.

THIS!!! But with a ballad or two for the suckers like me,lol.

THIS!!! But with a ballad or two for the suckers like me,lol.

Agreed. :P

If I could choose their next album, I would mix Rush and Viva. I'm not going to be like the people before and say they are going to do exactly like U2, Radiohead, or any other band, but legendary albums like The Joshua Tree, Dark Side of the Moon, and Ok Computer are only legendary after a while. They're great when they're released, but legendary status is only after people realize how important it was. Kinda like memories. For most memories, you find yourself loving the past more than when it actually happened.

I feel like people only realize how legendary an album was when they go back to it after 10 years or so. And I really need that Coldplay album that I can go back to and say, now that was a legendary album. I could listen to it any day and it would still feel as if I'm living in the day. (As a reference, Pink Floyd's the Wall is an album that brings memories of the Berlin Wall and the fight to end the Cold War)

If I could choose their next album, I would mix Rush and Viva. I'm not going to be like the people before and say they are going to do exactly like U2, Radiohead, or any other band, but legendary albums like The Joshua Tree, Dark Side of the Moon, and Ok Computer are only legendary after a while. They're great when they're released, but legendary status is only after people realize how important it was. Kinda like memories. For most memories, you find yourself loving the past more than when it actually happened.

I feel like people only realize how legendary an album was when they go back to it after 10 years or so. And I really need that Coldplay album that I can go back to and say, now that was a legendary album. I could listen to it any day and it would still feel as if I'm living in the day. (As a reference, Pink Floyd's the Wall is an album that brings memories of the Berlin Wall and the fight to end the Cold War)

That would be great. I would prefer the experimentation of of Viva but without the loud orchestra sounds(because that's what Viva is). If you catch my drift.

I love the orchestra sounds and the use of instruments from all around the world in Viva. I also love the simplicity of AROBTTH and the piano driven songs, love songs there. A mix of that would be epic.

A love song with piano, orchestral backing, and then immediately after, an epic riff by Jonny, which leads into the next song, which is edgier (like Major Minus) with Jonny and Will leading the way.

The thing I love about MX is the continuation of songs, like the transitions. They should make an album where it begins, first song into next song, etc. etc., and it only stops at the end. Every song leads into the next, and it's like a story. I was hoping MX would be like that but it didn't get there.

The thing I love about MX is the continuation of songs, like the transitions. They should make an album where it begins, first song into next song, etc. etc., and it only stops at the end. Every song leads into the next, and it's like a story. I was hoping MX would be like that but it didn't get there.

That's one of my favorite things about MX. I'd love to see them carry it out more.

Oh God, that would be so :awesome: beyond words.

Four Words: Abbey. Road. Side. Two.

Interlocking themes woven through all the songs. MX came close, and was a great attempt to do this, but didn't quite connect. A little more stability with those themes combined with the maturity of Viva would be THAT classic, epic album, imo.

But since they've already tried that, they probably won't again. And I respect any band that does, because it's not easy...trust me...tried and failed,lol.

So just give me Major Minus type songs with a little more piano and a ballad or two,lol. Yeah. Should be a piece of cake!:lol:

Meh...just make the album you're delighted with, and as long as it's not Dubstep, I'll love it,lol. :D

I have doubts that they'll 'go back to their roots' on the next LP. They originally planned LP5 to be an acoustic album but it turned out to be the complete opposite because the songs they found themselves writing ended up big and loud rather than acoustic. It's incredibly difficult to write a song exactly how you want it and there's a good chance that on the next album the songs that they write won't fit in with what they originally wanted. It'd be nice for them to make an album with a similar sound to the older albums but I can't really see it happening since they seem to have very little interest in their old sound.

It's the opposite for me, I really hope they won't :P

Seriously, I would prefer a house music album than that :|

:stunned:......:dozey:.....:saw:.......:whistle:

It'd be nice for them to make an album with a similar sound to the older albums but I can't really see it happening since they seem to have very little interest in their old sound.

interesting observation and true! its because of their surroundings and what goes on around them being such huge celebrities now. they're living in a whole other world

IMO they don't have to go back to their roots. or well, a little bit but hearing something what's totally new for the band als fun for me.

The only thing i want, more pianooo! not like mylo xyloto, but a slower song like The Scientist! even it wasn't a big hit for a short-term, it's a big hit on the longer-term. please. that's my only wish!