✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

Do you know what? If I was Chris and read people saying they don't like my album name when they don't even know what it means, I would stop now. Is that what you want in the end? That they stop? Ask it yourself.

If they were really that thin-skinned to get upset enough about our comments to stop playing as a band, I would honestly lose all faith in Coldplay entirely. Thankfully, I don't think that's the case. Like most musicians, I think they're going to just keep doing what they love to do, which is make music. That's what all good musicians do.

You're saying that like they have all this spare time on their hands. They're busy, busy people, they're not going to read every post on a fan forum.

Exactly.

They don't need to read every post. Just the titles.

Poll: I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

Poll: Will LP5 be Coldplay's last album?

Hey Coldplay, this is your Joshua Tree moment, don't mess it up.

...And you really think that's going to hurt their feelings enough to make them stop? I don't think so. They're four grown men in their early 30s. I think they can handle themselves just fine.

Dude I understand totally, but for the sake of the thread you don't have to explain anymore to the people who don't understand... it leads to frustration.

Yes, calling people who disagree with you inept is TOTALLY the way to go. /massive sarcasm.

Sorry. I know I said earlier I didn't want to talk to you. I just couldn't help myself with that one.

I will use a silly example. Rebecca Black. She is not no-talented at all. She just started in wrong way. And look what people did with her. Please I am not comparing Rebecca Black with Coldplay. It's just an example of how we can ruin someone if we really mean to do that.

Ruin her? She became a viral YouTube sensation. She released a new song recently. Apparently, even with all the horrible comments she got on YouTube (Some of them MUCH more awful than anyone has said on here, like how they wished she'd kill herself), that's not stopping her. She's doing what she wants to do.

Rebecca is finished forever. Whenever or wherever she appears she will be a shame. Is it fair? Just because she made a fucking silly song? Some people are not prepared to hear some kinds of criticism. It's bad to be criticized by someone who doesn't know you, but do you know what's worse? Being criticized by people that like you.

The direction I am going in is, and I hope it is really clear: I fear the day Coldplay stops. If they stop because of people, I mean people who like them, and don't say it is not possible because it is, me and a lot of other people will lose faith in the world.

Again, like I said, she's not finished. Why, just the other day, she was part of the entertainment on "America's Got Talent," and people CHEERED for her. Really, it's mostly Ark Music Factory's fault that it ended up as bad as it did. They're the ones who write her songs, after all.

Well, of course Coldplay is going to stop eventually. Every band does, whether we like it or not. I really doubt it'll be because of a few things people have said on this forum, however. There are too many people (a lot of them here on this forum) who love them, and I'm pretty sure that's who they're concentrating their energy on.

~~~~~~~

While I'm sitting here thinking about it, I want people to understand that things I or other people may have said aren't meant to degrade Coldplay, and we're not saying these things because we hate them. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I know I personally care a lot about this band. They're the reason I came here and met so many of my wonderful online friends. I can never repay them for that. We just don't want to see them go in a direction that some of us (including myself, to an extent) don't think they should take. No, we can't really change what they do, because they're going to do what they want, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't express our opinions about it. Maybe they do read what's on here every once in a while. If they know that some of us are displeased with what they're doing, maybe they'll rethink what to do in the future so we can all get the best music possible. The best is what we want and expect of Coldplay. I don't see why that should become a problem.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are not prepared to hear some kinds of criticism. It's bad to be criticized by someone who doesn't know you, but do you know what's worse? Being criticized by people that like you.

have you ever heard about something called constructive criticism?

Or just because we've following coldplay's career for years we now have to love everything they make and avoid criticism?

:facepalm:

Yes, calling people who disagree with you inept is TOTALLY the way to go. /massive sarcasm.

Sorry. I know I said earlier I didn't want to talk to you. I just couldn't help myself with that one.

This is the problem: I didn't say anyone was inept. I'm not attacking anyone and you still try to make me look like the bad guy. :)

While I'm sitting here thinking about it, I want people to understand that things I or other people may have said aren't meant to degrade Coldplay, and we're not saying these things because we hate them. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I know I personally care a lot about this band. They're the reason I came here and met so many of my wonderful online friends. I can never repay them for that. We just don't want to see them go in a direction that some of us (including myself, to an extent) don't think they should take. No, we can't really change what they do, because they're going to do what they want, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't express our opinions about it. Maybe they do read what's on here every once in a while. If they know that some of us are displeased with what they're doing, maybe they'll rethink what to do in the future so we can all get the best music possible. The best is what we want and expect of Coldplay. I don't see why that should become a problem.

THIS. Violet, I love you.

Call me crazy, but I totally agree!

This is the problem: I didn't say anyone was inept. I'm not attacking anyone and you still try to make me look like the bad guy. :)

You were talking about how you shouldn't talk to "those who don't understand," so yeah, actually, you kinda did.

THIS. Violet, I love you.

:heart:

^^

In the context I wasn't trying to prove anyone inept, I was trying to stop useless ranting and frustration because of misunderstandings AKA what happened between you and I... I mean, what's happening between you and I.

(I was much happier when we decided not to talk to eachother)

Violet is the best :wacky:

I was thinking of this too today, I'm pretty disappointed with the album cover and a couple of songs. And I was thinking when this album is released, how will I listen to it? Will I compare it to the rest of their albums or with the other great album/bands I've listen to? And the best way we can do this is to just listen to their new album as music listeners.

It's hard for some people to come to this new album or era, after Viva since people thought it was so good that they expect even better for the next album or they thought that album was so bad that they hoped this one will be like the old albums.

But sometimes they'll make things I don't like. I don't like every song and I won't like every album, as of now I do but maybe this one might change that :surprised:

And as a fan, I can take it or not. It's not my band it's not the only music I listen to.

I think I just care for them more since they're the band that I liked since I was 10 and for the longest.

Or thats how I feel, just thought about this in a boring car ride.

Useless ranting? I thought it was a perfectly civilized discussion until you started throwing stuff around. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Look. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to offend you or anyone else here. Any of my friends will tell you that I'm generally a very nice person who doesn't lash out at people. I don't say things just to get people riled up, because frankly, that's stupid. Maybe I'm coming across that way unintentionally, as I have been feeling rather cranky over the past couple of days, and when that happens, any patience that I usually have goes out the window. I don't want to fight. I had enough of that recently with one of the other members here (the older members know exactly who I'm talking about). Can we please call a truce and move on with our lives peacefully?

Violet is the best :wacky:

I was thinking of this too today, I'm pretty disappointed with the album cover and a couple of songs. And I was thinking when this album is released, how will I listen to it? Will I compare it to the rest of their albums or with the other great album/bands I've listen to? And the best way we can do this is to just listen to their new album as music listeners.

It's hard for some people to come to this new album or era, after Viva since people thought it was so good that they expect even better for the next album or they thought that album was so bad that they hoped this one will be like the old albums.

But sometimes they'll make things I don't like. I don't like every song and I won't like every album, as of now I do but maybe this one might change that :surprised:

And as a fan, I can take it or not. It's not my band it's not the only music I listen to.

I think I just care for them more since they're the band that I liked since I was 10 and for the longest.

Or thats how I feel, just thought about this in a boring car ride.

:blush: :hug:

That post is very well thought-out, especially the bolded parts.

Violet, say what's on your mind without worrying about what other people say back

I know that if I wasn't on my iPod now I'd multiquote the hell out of the last few pages . . . (beware, that will be coming tomorrow. . .)

That's not necessary, Christina. I've already straightened things out. There's no need to go on and cause any more trouble.

Violet, say what's on your mind without worrying about what other people say back

I know that if I wasn't on my iPod now I'd multiquote the hell out of the last few pages . . . (beware, that will be coming tomorrow. . .)

Hi Mark.

~~~~~~~~~To the people who are unaware please disregard this whole thing~~~~~~~~

I don't know who this Mark is... and I'm guessing I'm not supposed to. I don't want to beat a dead horse and I was hoping I'd never have to say this because I'm going to look like I'm insane, but it looks like I need to set things straight:

I really don't want to be considered the asshole (which I probably am now). I think I chose to argue with the wrong person and I said things that weren't right. I don't know whether what I said was wrong but that's probably because I have pent-up passion. I have been a really big Coldplay fan for a long time and they've been a big part of my life since I was 8 (back in 2002). The music has helped me get through a lot. I've never had anyone to share Coldplay with because my friends and family don't like Coldplay. When I figured out there was this forum, I was glad to share my energy! I mean... I've had this account for what feels like only three days and I've already spent most my time on it since the album stuff came out...

The last thing I want to do is get set on the wrong path with anyone, because I really love Coldplay and I want to be able to share that. I'm sincerely sorry for anything I've said, you can probably double-post everything if you want... but I really didn't mean to come off as a lunatic. Again, I'm really sorry.