✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

well ya I'm hoping a brief hello would help calm things down a little

not that this is anything like when ETIAW was released, but it's nice if it doesn't get anywhere near that

and just to reiterate since it seems as though it needs to be posted on every page... this discussion should be about the title; we're not judging the music here

title only

only about the title

rate the title not the music

title

title

title

title

I think you forgot to mention the title :cheesy:

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me restart then:

I like the title alot!! Now (completely disregarding the music because we haven't heard the album yet and have no basis to prove anything off of) it doesn't make sense, but it's new, and it's interesting sounding. It sounds good to me even though it's completely random. I think that even though it's completely random and doesn't make sense, it still might suit the theme of the album. Even though we might not be able to understand what 'Mylo Xyloto' means, it doesn't mean that it is an irrelevant title. It might (might) contribute to the character of the album! Maybe someday Chris or the band will explain why they named it Mylo Xyloto.

Again, what I just said is not fact, it's my opinion. If you would like to rationally argue and prove this wrong, that is perfectly fair and nothing will get out of hand. Thanks!

^In response

well ya I'm hoping a brief hello would help calm things down a little

not that this is anything like when ETIAW was released, but it's nice if it doesn't get anywhere near that

and just to reiterate since it seems as though it needs to be posted on every page... this discussion should be about the title; we're not judging the music here

title only

only about the title

rate the title not the music

title

title

title

title

I think I agree with this.

I was just thinking... if you write 'mylo' with 'i' instead of 'y' (supposing the word's in a Slavic language but with a typo), then it means 'soap'. Surely they'd not name the album 'Soap'?

ETA: not joking. check a dictionary or google translate. -_-

You are obviously never going to be able to understand what I'm trying to get across when you think I'm attacking you every post, so I don't know what to do at this point. I'm not twisting what you say and I never have. Jesus Christ.

I don't even know why I posted that because you're going to twist it again.

I feel attacked? Really? Wow, you really are deluded.

For the sake of this thread (and my sanity), I'm refraining from talking to you anymore. I have no idea how you're reading my posts as defense of attacks, as they're not. I have no idea how I'm twisting anything you're saying, because I'm not. Quite frankly, you are being ridiculous. I don't see how a simple debate that you started with a completely off-hand Sigur Rós comment could possibly lead to this, but I guess it's possible. If you're really going to be like that, then talking to you is a waste of my time.

Let me say a thing, please, I am not directing this to anyone.

I am really sorry of how we (I include myself on this) fans are treating each other here in this forum.

I am going to say a thing, and now I am talking as a fan. Have you ever imagined how would the members of Coldplay feel if they ever read somethings are discussed here on this forum?

I have in my life even listened to things such "see that girl, Amy Winehouse, so rich, so famous, and suicide". But people don't even know that poor girl had a website on where people should guess the date of her death. People don't even know that each magazine was waiting for a shit of hers to publish and sell more and more and more.

Do you know what? If I was Chris and read people saying they don't like my album name when they don't even know what it means, I would stop now. Is that what you want in the end? That they stop? Ask it yourself.

Some people say: "It's not that just because I am a fan that I have to accept everything they do". Then please, please, just wait and listen what they have to say. You really really think they don't mean anything with this title? You really do?

Some people will say: "I don't think they would ever stop because of the things we say". But I think.

You don't have to read this, nor to accept, nor to answer. I am just talking as a fan.

And please don't troll me. I really really really hate it.

Sorry. I needed to say that...

Let me say a thing, please, I am not directing this to anyone.

I am really sorry of how we (I include myself on this) fans are treating each other here in this forum.

I am going to say a thing, and now I am talking as a fan. Have you ever imagined how would the members of Coldplay feel if they ever read somethings are discussed here on this forum?

I have in my life even listened to things such "see that girl, Amy Winehouse, so rich, so famous, and suicide". But people don't even know that poor girl had a website on where people should guess the date of her death. People don't even know that each magazine was waiting for a shit of hers to publish and sell more and more and more.

Do you know what? If I was Chris and read people saying they don't like my album name when they don't even know what it means, I would stop now. Is that what you want in the end? That they stop? Ask it yourself.

Some people say: "It's not that just because I am a fan that I have to accept everything they do". Then please, please, just wait and listen what they have to say. You really really think they don't mean anything with this title? You really do?

Some people will say: "I don't think they would ever stop because of the things we say". But I think.

You don't have to read this, nor to accept, nor to answer. I am just talking as a fan.

And please don't troll me. I really really really hate it.

Sorry. I needed to say that...

Um, we're not guessing Chris Martin's date of death. We're merely saying that the album title is no good.

Yeah, I mean this is a forum and stuff. I'm pretty sure people were well aware of the fact some people weren't going to like some Coldplay stuff (even though it is a Coldplay fan website).

I think right now the album cover irks some people because they're a bit too skeptical. For the people who aren't just skeptical, they're completely justified to not liking it since it is their subjective opinion. It's just some people forget that it is only their subjective opinion...

I meant the fact that they guess Amy's date of death is just an example. Media and people can do worse things together...

Dude I understand totally, but for the sake of the thread you don't have to explain anymore to the people who don't understand... it leads to frustration.

How did you get this

from that?

I will re-pass this question to you. You think media likes the artists are all well and fine and everything is fine? And don't you think criticizing is much more easy than like and accept? Don't you think people+media can make someone silly in seconds?

I will use a silly example. Rebecca Black. She is not no-talented at all. She just started in wrong way. And look what people did with her. Please I am not comparing Rebecca Black with Coldplay. It's just an example of how we can ruin someone if we really mean to do that.

Dude I understand totally, but for the sake of the thread you don't have to explain anymore to the people who don't understand... it leads to frustration.

Thank you. I'll try to don't do this anymore. It's just that it's getting harder and harder.

I will re-pass this question to you. You think media likes the artists are all well and fine and everything is fine? And don't you think criticizing is much more easy than like and accept? Don't you think people+media can make someone silly in seconds?

I will use a silly example. Rebecca Black. She is not no-talented at all. She just started in wrong way. And look what people did with her. Please I am not comparing Rebecca Black with Coldplay. It's just an example of how we can ruin someone if we really mean to do that.

I don't see what direction you're going in. Yes, the media is critical. Yes, people and media have power.

Rebecca Black's music made everyone's ears bleed, so we criticized her. If you want to be a public figure/celebrity, you just have to accept that you are going to hear criticism.

If you are a fan of a band as popular as Coldplay you also have to accept that your heroes will be criticized. As I've said many times, nobody's perfect.

I don't see what direction you're going in. Yes, the media is critical. Yes, people and media have power.

Rebecca Black's music made everyone's ears bleed, so we criticized her. If you want to be a public figure/celebrity, you just have to accept that you are going to hear criticism.

If you are a fan of a band as popular as Coldplay you also have to accept that your heroes will be criticized. As I've said many times, nobody's perfect.

Rebecca is finished forever. Whenever or wherever she appears she will be a shame. Is it fair? Just because she made a fucking silly song? Some people are not prepared to hear some kinds of criticism. It's bad to be criticized by someone who doesn't know you, but do you know what's worse? Being criticized by people that like you.

The direction I am going in is, and I hope it is really clear: I fear the day Coldplay stops. If they stop because of people, I mean people who like them, and don't say it is not possible because it is, me and a lot of other people will lose faith in the world.