✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Oct 1st] MX era font updated (songs symbols included)

Teco

sample.png

Brothers and sistas (g)u(d)nite!

I'm bringing for you all, excited Coldplayers with great expectations, a updated replica of Coldplay's LP5 era font.

One month ago I jumped in a amazing and mysterious adventure aiming to recreate on my own the new font design (since I was never able to find it ready to use).

Unpretentiously I uploaded for the first time the creepy result I was able to produce to dafont.com. The font I called "Every Truetype is a Wisefont", after one month, surprisingly hit almost ten thousand downloads.

In respect to all those who had that, although sweaty, awful pixelized and misguided curves, and taking advantage from the new album art release, I dive in at the deep and turbid sea of the font creating once again.

This time I must say I had a more satisfactory result since I'm getting technical each time I go through this journey again.

Yyyyyyada yada yada... Well, I ask you to help me testing it and to give me tips and suggestions before I send the update to dafont.

Hope you enjoy it and I'm waiting for some feedback, please!

Oh, and if anyone finds it useful, I may make a tutorial about how to adjust the characters kerning in PS to make the font look more symilar to CDP releases.

Thats it. WHEW!

There we go: ETIAW.TTF

Have fun! :lol:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teco,

Eu acho que pode melhorar o espaçamento das letras quando estão interagindo. A letra "Y" por exemplo, sempre fica mais afastada do que deveria em palavras como "coldplay" "every". Outras letras seguem o mesmo problema. Eu acho que no FontLab Studio você consegue delimitar o espaçamento de cada letra em interação com outra. Se precisar, eu posso tentar ajudar.

you'll get a file (maybe in a .zip, a wrapped gift-package)

you'll have to copy that file into the windows font-folder

This guy made a nice video for it :wink:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6AC42TBjnE]How To Install Fonts on Windows 7 & Windows Vista - YouTube[/ame]

hey :) thanks very much for making it though i can't install it. Whenever i download the font, it isn't a '.zip' file but a '.rar' file.

I downloaded the original font from dafont.com and that gave me a .zip file and i just extracted the contents, installed it and it worked perfectly in illustrator. Would you happen to know why i'm not getting a .zip file when i use your link? any chance you could upload v2 to dafont.com?

thanks for putting the time into making the fonts :) i love graphic design :)

Teco,

Eu acho que pode melhorar o espaçamento das letras quando estão interagindo. A letra "Y" por exemplo, sempre fica mais afastada do que deveria em palavras como "coldplay" "every". Outras letras seguem o mesmo problema. Eu acho que no FontLab Studio você consegue delimitar o espaçamento de cada letra em interação com outra. Se precisar, eu posso tentar ajudar.

Muito obrigado, cara!

Eu não sabia nem que isso era possível, dei uma fuçada no FLS e arrumei o kerning.

Well, that's my last version before the LP5 release, folks.

Another ajustment and now it is ready to use.

Soon I'll edit the first post to paste the download link already on dafont.com.

Jimmyarts told me to fix the glyphs kerning, I found out how to do it and now when you tipe "COLDPLAY" with ETIAW, for an exemple, the "Y" wont be far from the "A" anymore. I presume the font users will use it on PS, so when you're using the type tool, go to "WINDOW" > "Character" and at the shown tab click at the 3rd option, identified with "AV" and two arrows, and select "METRICS". The ajusted kernings must work nicely. :)

Here is the link once again:

ETIAW.TTF

Best regards.

You are all welcome, mates :D

hey :) thanks very much for making it though i can't install it. Whenever i download the font, it isn't a '.zip' file but a '.rar' file.

I downloaded the original font from dafont.com and that gave me a .zip file and i just extracted the contents, installed it and it worked perfectly in illustrator. Would you happen to know why i'm not getting a .zip file when i use your link? any chance you could upload v2 to dafont.com?

thanks for putting the time into making the fonts :) i love graphic design :)

Hey, friend! It was a lot of fun making it, it is every time. :D

I didn't sent the update to df.com yet, and still, they'll analyze it when I send before airing the stuff, so it will take a little to be available there.

But anyway I've uploaded a .zip version for you, get it here.

Hope you like it :lol: