✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

SERIOUS OPINIONS

Italian Plastic

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it because the lyrics are just...awful. And the music. I don't like the music, either.

I think it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I'm losing the ability to relate to Coldplay's music. And they aren't telling interesting stories in the lyrics, either. The music isn't interesting and nothing Coldplay releases seems to have any depth anymore.

I understand that they want to try new things, and that's cool. They've changed as people and as a band, and that's okay. But they're also being influenced by other things as they're writing lyrics and music, and that's sometimes...just awful. It sounds like they're going for catchy radio songs, and...well, if this says anything, I don't listen to the radio.

:/

it's 1 am and i have no clue what i'm saying anymore

I like the song. It's a pop song, and pop songs are catchy. But it's nothing more than a pop song to me. There is no feeling or depth. What happened to a song like The Scientist or Fix You? Those songs make me ball my fucking eyes out.

I'm actually really disappointed. I didn't need another pop song to listen to. If I wanted those I'd just turn on the radio. I wanted a Coldplay song. A song that made me forget about shit, and just focus on music for a few minutes.

And for everyone who will think I'm hating on them because I want AROBTTH Part 2, that's not the case. I just want Coldplay back.

Fix You is a deep song?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ugh, this was a massive let down.

I can't believe how lazy the lyrics are. Add to that how soulless it all sounds... I'm not a fan of ETIAW, but it's actually a lot more listenable than this IMO, which I wasn't expecting. Got to admit, I'm really not expecting a whole lot from this album now, which is a bummer. :\

I just listened again, and noticed the lyric "every tear a waterfall"... seriously? I don't even know what to say.

As a long time Coldplay fan, I've learned not to compare their new material with their old stuff. simply because the songs they wrote at those time were from experiences and ideas of that time. So I don't think that kind of thing can be recaptured if it could then those songs wouldn't be as unique and great as they were. With all that said I love the song and Jonny's riff at the end brings out the whole thing for me

I just went to check iTunes to see if they'd put it up early, and they had! couldn't believe it.

anyway, Listened to it with my iBeats headphones so it would be crystal clear and I actually really like it. It's definitely different-

I don't understand it as a choice for the new single, I don't think it's necessarily a 'single' but it's definitely going to grow on me.

oh, also - People saying 'it's not like fix you, or the scientist...' go listen to fix you, or the scientist?

it's a totally different direction and that should be welcomed. If they fell back on old tricks- they'd have fizzled out and they wouldn't be where they are today.

I never said I wanted them to write another Fix You or The Scientist. I simply stated that those songs make me feel something, while Paradise makes me feel nothing.

And Fix You is my favourite Coldplay song, and one of my favourite songs ever. And again, I don't think I called it deep, I just said it makes me cry.

Sheesh ppl.

I just went to check iTunes to see if they'd put it up early, and they had! couldn't believe it.

anyway, Listened to it with my iBeats headphones so it would be crystal clear and I actually really like it. It's definitely different-

I don't understand it as a choice for the new single, I don't think it's necessarily a 'single' but it's definitely going to grow on me.

oh, also - People saying 'it's not like fix you, or the scientist...' go listen to fix you, or the scientist?

it's a totally different direction and that should be welcomed. If they fell back on old tricks- they'd have fizzled out and they wouldn't be where they are today.

This.

Post of the month.

I never said I wanted them to write another Fix You or The Scientist. I simply stated that those songs make me feel something, while Paradise makes me feel nothing.

And Fix You is my favourite Coldplay song, and one of my favourite songs ever. And again, I don't think I called it deep, I just said it makes me cry.

Sheesh ppl.

I understand what you are saying about Fix You and/or The Scientist, but Coldplay's goal, in my opinion, is not for every song to have soul and meaning. They make good music regardless of what their style is now, or five years ago.

Just my opinion.

My first impression was: Meeehh.

Its definitely a song you have to hear some times.

Its extraordinary, risky and extremely different. Altought I didn't love the song on the first listen I'm fascinated by their brave.

Nevertheless, Charlie Brown would have been the better choice for a single...

I like the song. It's a pop song, and pop songs are catchy. But it's nothing more than a pop song to me. There is no feeling or depth. What happened to a song like The Scientist or Fix You? Those songs make me ball my fucking eyes out.

I'm actually really disappointed. I didn't need another pop song to listen to. If I wanted those I'd just turn on the radio. I wanted a Coldplay song. A song that made me forget about shit, and just focus on music for a few minutes.

And for everyone who will think I'm hating on them because I want AROBTTH Part 2, that's not the case. I just want Coldplay back.

I agree that Paradise is an okay, radio-friendly pop song. But you're also right. Coldplay is capable of SO MUCH better than this. Anyone who's heard their back catalog would honestly know that this (Paradise), while alright, is really nothing in comparison to what they've achieved before (Yes, even the X&Y era). With all the experimentation they've been doing, there's really so much potential to get even better.

It's like they're now applying their "successful formula of Viva La Vida" and trying to make a song purposely for crowds to singalong with all the "ooh~" and stuff.

Paradise and ETIAW strike me that they were written with the intention of making a big singalong or big hit. Even Charlie Brown. Not with the intention of making something meaningful, or letting a song develop naturally and somehow become everyone's favorite. Just trying to make a song popular for the sake of making it popular.