✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

SERIOUS OPINIONS

Italian Plastic

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italian Plastic I will say this... since you have come on this board I have noticed that you always have very articulate and well thought out comments. You're love for not only music but speaking on the topic of music shows and I have been nothing but impresed on how well you share both of them. I may not always agree with your opinions but I will say well done!

It's bad for a coldplay song, it's bad for a pop song. It's not catchy and we all will probably forget this song very quickly. It's weaker than any of the songs we heard live during their festival tour (except for ETIAW in my opinion but even that song is best single material than this). Hurts Like Heaven or Charlie Brown should have been released as the first single, this won't make people buy the album because it's boring. Too bad Moving To Mars wasn't an option.

I like it, so shoot me :P I love the piano and Jonny's guitar solo. and it's got quite the riff...

like I said on twitter, I actually think it's a pretty expected progression from where they were at the end of Prospekt's (ie Rainy Day, etc). Their singles are always going to be more poppy, and we know quiet songs like UATW and Up in Flames exist on MX too, so... :shrug:

edit: but I do agree with you Lore, that Charlie Brown should have been released instead. although according to the Billboard article this was a very deliberate decision.

Italian Plastic I will say this... since you have come on this board I have noticed that you always have very articulate and well thought out comments. You're love for not only music but speaking on the topic of music shows and I have been nothing but impresed on how well you share both of them. I may not always agree with your opinions but I will say well done!

:blush:

Well, I don't know...I think I like ETIAW better. I don't understand the criteria for choosing the singles for MX, obviously I haven't heard the full album, but I think a song like HLH or Charlie Brown would have represented it better, at least judging by the majority of the songs we have heard so far. I don't dislike it, but it's definitely not my favourite one. Maybe it's better live?

My primary concern was "Where the fk are the lyrics, and why did I basically listen to the entire song in a 30 second snippet?".. Of course, ETIAW grew on me in a rather short period of time, maybe it will be the same for Paradise.

I like the song. It's a pop song, and pop songs are catchy. But it's nothing more than a pop song to me. There is no feeling or depth. What happened to a song like The Scientist or Fix You? Those songs make me ball my fucking eyes out.

I'm actually really disappointed. I didn't need another pop song to listen to. If I wanted those I'd just turn on the radio. I wanted a Coldplay song. A song that made me forget about shit, and just focus on music for a few minutes.

And for everyone who will think I'm hating on them because I want AROBTTH Part 2, that's not the case. I just want Coldplay back.

I really like it. Maybe I just think that Coldplay can do no wrong because I really like ETIAW too. I've liked all of the new stuff so far. There has only been 1 song I've never really actively liked, Strawberry String. I don't dislike it, but it's probably the only song I've skipped a decent amount of times.

Well, I don't know...I think I like ETIAW better. I don't understand the criteria for choosing the singles for MX, obviously I haven't heard the full album, but I think a song like HLH or Charlie Brown would have represented it better, at least judging by the majority of the songs we have heard so far. I don't dislike it, but it's definitely not my favourite one. Maybe it's better live?

For any band/label/album, the singles that are chosen are the ones with the biggest commercial appeal. Paradise is poppy, and has a reasonably catchy hook. I'm sure it'll do alright in the mainstream world.