✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up In Flames, DLIBYH on Friday? (--> no)

Our Escape

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I had considered not listening to them and waiting for the album. But frankly after the recent material I need to know if it's actually worth getting the new album. I have a feeling Up In Flames won't be as good as R42 makes it out to be. R42 said Paradise was awesome and that ETIAW was the new Clocks/Viva so he's certainly not the most reliable of sources.

I'll be working while this is going on... but if I find out they played these two songs, I won't watch a recording of it. I've enjoyed hearing new stuff, but I've had enough now. I want to save the rest for the album... so I might have to take a leave of absence from Coldplaying if that happens. Nothing against you guys, of course... I just don't want to know anything else. :)

I definitely hope to hear some of these new ones (DLIBYH, Up in Flames, etc.). R42 did mention them referring to rehearsals the other day.

I'm even excited to hear the live interpretation of Paradise. I really don't like the recording (as a whole) at all to be honest but I did dig the sample that just had the first verse (so apparently I do like some of it). So I reserve hope for its live version. Kinda like how I like live MM much better than studio MM.

I will be listening to them on friday. I've discovered that when I listen to these new era coldplay songs for the first time, I can't really give them a rating on the first listen. Like with Paradise yesterday, first time around I was like "well this is different" but by the second and third times I was like "wow this is a great new sound" The more get to hear to the songs on this album, the more I feel I will enjoy them when I listen to the whole album for the first time

I have this weird feeling that the live version of Paradise will make a lot of us scratch our heads and think "Can we get that version for download?". The only song I've liked better in studio so far was Charlie Brown and thats only bits and pieces but you can really hear the guitar more in it, and the piano outro.

I got two feelings about the show.

First: I think a lot more people will want to listen to the two new songs now, especially those that were let down by Paradise

Second: Paradise will sound different live than the studio version. I agree with "our escape": I think a lot more layers will be heard and opinions might change

^ No it's not that. It is this retarded problem Germany has with youtube. Since a few months they don't allow it to watch videos with certain rights anymore. I can't watch official music vids and all that stuff BECAUSE OF THIS CRAP!!

*sigh* Gotta find myself a proxy server ~___~°

I will be listening to them on friday. I've discovered that when I listen to these new era coldplay songs for the first time, I can't really give them a rating on the first listen. Like with Paradise yesterday, first time around I was like "well this is different" but by the second and third times I was like "wow this is a great new sound" The more get to hear to the songs on this album, the more I feel I will enjoy them when I listen to the whole album for the first time

I feel the exact same way. When they released ETIAW i was like "Huh." And after five or so listens, i learned to love it. The same thing happened with Major Minus, which i really didn't like at first. Now it's on my playlist of favorite coldplay songs. I fell in love with MtM immediately after the second listen. The only one that hasn't really grown on me is UatW.

So, who knows what's in store. Hopefully i'll love some of the unheard tracks immediately, but if i don't, perhaps they'll just be like the rest--different at first, incredible later on.

At first I had considered not listening to them and waiting for the album. But frankly after the recent material I need to know if it's actually worth getting the new album. I have a feeling Up In Flames won't be as good as R42 makes it out to be. R42 said Paradise was awesome and that ETIAW was the new Clocks/Viva so he's certainly not the most reliable of sources.

This. Only it's not Paradise, but the rihanna announcement.

^ No it's not that. It is this retarded problem Germany has with youtube. Since a few months they don't allow it to watch videos with certain rights anymore. I can't watch official music vids and all that stuff BECAUSE OF THIS CRAP!!

*sigh* Gotta find myself a proxy server ~___~°

I don't know or care what you just said but your signature is fucking awesome! Completely on the money. :laugh3:

^I think/hope they will.

They seem to be releasing the main stream songs as singles, but playing the other "more traditional" Coldplay songs live. Just like with ETIAW, then the slew of festival songs afterwards.

Singles reach everyone, but it's mostly real Coldplay fans who pay attention to the live performances. So I feel like they will be playing them to make those who are worried feel better about the album.

But we'll see...