✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[17-Nov-2011] Coldplay et. al @ Children In Need concert, MEN Arena, Manchester, UK (Live on BBC1)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back, gotta say it was absolutely amazing, I don't know how it cmae across on TV/Radio but in the actual venue it was fabulous...

and I finally saw Paradise live!! :D Hope anyone that went also enjoyed it!

Elbow, James Morrisson, Hugh Laurie were also awesome and Gaga (not being a fan) was surprisingly enjoyable.

The only one I'd say wasn't great was Kelly Rowland, she was obviously miming at some point which I'm not cool with, but when she was singing live the vocals weren't great.

It was ok, i only said ok because the new singles dont do it for me. even the crowd were not really getting into the first two songs, but viva saved the night. I was hoping they would do fix you, that should end any concert. Or maybe they couldve done the back for good/scientist thing they do, he was about to do it then stopped lol.

Just got back, gotta say it was absolutely amazing, I don't know how it cmae across on TV/Radio but in the actual venue it was fabulous...

Elbow, James Morrisson, Hugh Laurie were also awesome and Gaga (not being a fan) was surprisingly enjoyable.

The only one I'd say wasn't great was Kelly Rowland, she was obviously miming at some point which I'm not cool with, but when she was singing live the vocals weren't great.

Did they only do those three songs (ETIAW, Para and VLV) or was it cut down?

Did it look as bad as it did on tv when the crowd didnt really react to the first two songs? Cos it seemed like none of them were singing along to ETIAW or Paradise and looked bored.

It looked edited on tv, so did they do anything else?

Thanks for the stream!

I didn't like when they started with ETIAW, I can barely stand that song anymore. They should have done something unexpected. Even Yellow would have been a much nicer surprise.

:dazzled: The CElbow pics! I want to know what they were saying when they took that photo.

Did it look as bad as it did on tv when the crowd didnt really react to the first two songs? Cos it seemed like none of them were singing along to ETIAW or Paradise and looked bored.

It looked edited on tv, so did they do anything else?

From where I was it felt like the crowd did react, I was seated right at the back though and we were all stoked by that point. I may have been riding along on my own haze of "YAY COLDPLAY" but I didn't feel alone in singing and reacting :/

They didn't do anything else, no. It was exactly as was on TV. The only parts edited are where the hosts are speaking, and they like "come back" and they say "MICHAEL BUBLE" even though he was gone like 5 minutes ago, so you have to scream again.

From where I was it felt like the crowd did react, I was seated right at the back though and we were all stoked by that point. I may have been riding along on my own haze of "YAY COLDPLAY" but I didn't feel alone in singing and reacting :/

They didn't do anything else, no. It was exactly as was on TV. The only parts edited are where the hosts are speaking, and they like "come back" and they say "MICHAEL BUBLE" even though he was gone like 5 minutes ago, so you have to scream again.

ah okay, thanks, it did look like to me when i was watching it on tv that most of them didnt even know the songs lol. but it wouldve been better if they performed their classics like fix you or yellow, these two new singles are starting to get tiring.

Thanks, good that you had a good time though.

isnt there a pic of gaga and coldplay? that would be fun!

Yes, apparently!

Lady Gaga: Coldplay Rock ...and Gary Barlow agrees at Children In Need concert

GaGa_1409185a.jpg

CHRIS MARTIN made Lady Gaga's night by pulling her in for a team photo with some of her favourite bands.

The Coldplay frontman grabbed her for a picture with Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion, Elbow and Snow Patrol at the Children In Need Rocks event last night.

Chris told her backstage at the Manchester Evening News Arena: "This is the biggest collection of soft rockers. You don't get more soft rock than this."

Gaga said: "One of my best musical memories was seeing Coldplay perform in New York after Chris sang Fix You for the first time for Gwyneth."

Gaga was clinging on to her glass of white wine and was in brilliant spirits after the gig, screened live on BBC1.

Her management had just booted everyone out so she could have the press room to herself when Chris sorted out the impromptu photocall.

ChildrenInNeed_03_1409257a.jpg

Gig organiser Gary Barlow crept in at the front too and got down on bended knee in his best football pose.

It took time to get up though.

Gary earlier admitted he is also a huge Coldplay fan. The Take That star said: "If I had the chance to join another band it would be Coldplay, without a doubt. I'd move Chris aside, get him on the guitar."

Bizarre_08_1409164a.jpg

Among the 14,000 sellout crowd at the CIN Rocks was Rio Ferdinand. But one big name missing was Cheryl Cole. She pulled out of a duet with Gary as she had throat problems.

He said: "Cheryl is absolutely gutted she's not here. It was her one big performance of the year.

ChildrenInNeed_01_1409255a.jpg

"I won't tell you what we were going to sing because we might keep it up our sleeves for a performance in the future.

"I didn't want to replace her. That's why I've done something on my own. You can't get rid of me that easily."

He added: "Two years ago the audience was banging down the doors to get a chance to hear Paul McCartney warm up. This year hasn't been any different with Lady Gaga. She's great.

ChildrenInNeed_02_1409253a.jpg

"We met her a couple of years ago because she supported us during the Circus tour at Wembley. She is great.

"A lot of work went into getting her here. It's great she is doing something positive."

Tulisa_1409258a.jpg

But the positivity wasn't exactly pouring out when everyone was booted out of the auditorium while she did her sound check.

Her hamster wheel, dustbin lid hat and tea cup can't have been ready.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3943131/Lady-Gaga-Coldplay-Rock.html

Chris Martin and Phil Harvey busting out some hallway antics at the start of this vid - hilarious watching them bail out of it when they realise they're on camera! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVwEZD2j07E]Hugh Laurie & Jamie Cullum perform "Hallelujah, I Love Her So" - Children in Need Rocks - BBC - YouTube[/ame]