✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

For those who dislike this new album, will you go to a concert?

Destrokk

I'm not sure if I'll go.. I've been wanting for months but I don't want to sit there listening to their new music, but on the other hand I've never seen them live and will also hear older songs.. but also I don't like the band they have become and it sorta sickens me D:

Depends on where they play. I'd splurge to see them at a general admission venue because they put on a fantastic show, regardless of recent quality. Besides, even ETIAW can be fun.

But if I need to pay hundreds of dollars to get a decent seat and the DTE then all bets are off. I'm sure I've got some Michi-friends on here that'd vouch for that.

I'll definitely see them, yeah. Like someone said above...they've meant so much to me over the years that one sub-par album (IF that's what it really turns out to be) and questionable promotion techniques won't make me less excited to see them, really. They still will play older stuff too, and they put on great live performances--it's always fun. No matter how disappointed I end up being in MX (or not), I don't see myself wholly ignoring or giving up on a band that I've followed around for a decade and that I know the names and faces of all their roadies and team members. I've travelled lots to see them in the past, so if MX really isn't for me, I think I'd just see them when they come close to me and not really follow them to other states and countries as much.

This is all assuming I can find a job to AFFORD their tickets...:uhoh:

I'll definitely see them, yeah. Like someone said above...they've meant so much to me over the years that one sub-par album (IF that's what it really turns out to be) and questionable promotion techniques won't make me less excited to see them, really. They still will play older stuff too, and they put on great live performances--it's always fun. No matter how disappointed I end up being in MX (or not), I don't see myself wholly ignoring or giving up on a band that I've followed around for a decade and that I know the names and faces of all their roadies and team members. I've travelled lots to see them in the past, so if MX really isn't for me, I think I'd just see them when they come close to me and not really follow them to other states and countries as much.

This is all assuming I can find a job to AFFORD their tickets...:uhoh:

I absolutely love how respectful you are when you talk about possibly being disappointed in the new album. You are one of the few on here you isn't fond of the new material (ETIAW + Paradise) or of there new marketing techniques who manages to get there point and opinion across without sounding utterly condescending and rude. That being said, I have no business here cause I love there new stuff and I will definitely see them if they come anywhere in Texas! Just had to drop my 2 cents in..

I absolutely love how respectful you are when you talk about possibly being disappointed in the new album. You are one of the few on here you isn't fond of the new material (ETIAW + Paradise) or of there new marketing techniques who manages to get there point and opinion across without sounding utterly condescending and rude. That being said, I have no business here cause I love there new stuff and I will definitely see them if they come anywhere in Texas! Just had to drop my 2 cents in..

Aww, thank you! :nice: That's honestly what I try to do. As "worried" as I am about the new stuff, it's not my place to dictate what I think they SHOULD be doing instead, no matter how badly I may want it. I just don't see cause to be disrespectful about something that at the end of the day is a matter of opinion.

Back to topic: I think there are two things that would make me stop wanting to see Coldplay live:

1. If they became racist bigots or similar

2. Backup dancers :blank:

:P

...seriously?

c'mon now, are you all out of your mind? Even giving up on the experience?

Absolutely i'll see them live. all this hating the album and the band really pisses me off and it appears that those who are apprehensive to the state of complete turnoff have forgotten something. Hint: It's that we all have something in common. Behold! We all haven't heard the album yet. It's not out. Just crack open a beer and sit by a fireplace and reflect about something peaceful in your life, like when you were at that aqua-green beach with white sand rather than the (to me) obscenely ridiculous notion that reflects this apparent futility of coldplay. Shit could be so much worse, and you all know it.

I paid 98.50 three times already and i haven't paid any more in the U.S., and don't expect to pay more this time. So what if i'm a cheap college student with little funding. Its the experience and the energy that will consistently remind me that i'm gonna miss something unbelievably moving and awesome if i don't, whether or not i think paradise is sub-par, or something resembling the scientist (which is what i think). With pride, a fan.

wow, so we've jumped from hating a song/two songs to hating a whole album even though we haven't even heard half of the studio versions?

anyway, of course i will go. i've been a fan since 2008 though i've never had the chance to see them live so i'll definitely go even if i hate the album (which i doubt i will). It's about the coldplay experince more than anything.

i'll be going to multiple shows (maybe 2 or 3) because i know i won't have the chance again for a while after

well if they will happen to have similar stage presence and setlist as glasto this year, i'll try to see them, depend on if i honestly finally hate the whole new album and the ticket cost in case i still have no job by then.... i already saw them twice during Viva Tour.

but if i got a job and the board tries to organize a big meet-up before show as happened with Eembley -around 2 years ago- i'll try to go, for the meet-up mostly :)

Yes, 99.9% sure I will. I didn't go to any gigs on the Twisted Logic tour because I didn't like X&Y and I regret it now. I might not go to so many though like I did on the VLV tour.

They still excite me live so unless they suddenly develop a drop in quality there too I'll be going. I'll definitely be buying tickets for the gigs that are announced next week and I'll decide after that whether to go to any more.

wow, so we've jumped from hating a song/two songs to hating a whole album even though we haven't even heard half of the studio versions?

anyway, of course i will go. i've been a fan since 2008 though i've never had the chance to see them live so i'll definitely go even if i hate the album (which i doubt i will). It's about the coldplay experince more than anything.

i'll be going to multiple shows (maybe 2 or 3) because i know i won't have the chance again for a while after

Calm down broski, I actually don't like any song they have out. I don't hate them, but they might play those songs more, not to mention that I have to bring somebody because I'm too young to go alone. So that's pretty embarrasing that they'd have to listen such songs.. but they might think they're catchy. I could also explained to them how I disliked their newest material.

Depends on the cost.

I guess I'll go. But it's now a matter of price. Like I said before, I have to bring somebody with me. If the tickets are $200 I'd have to double it and I can't ask for that kind of money. Especially how thing in San Diego are so danm over priced.

Depends on where they play. I'd splurge to see them at a general admission venue because they put on a fantastic show, regardless of recent quality. Besides, even ETIAW can be fun.

But if I need to pay hundreds of dollars to get a decent seat and the DTE then all bets are off. I'm sure I've got some Michi-friends on here that'd vouch for that.

What, are you a lawn-hater? :lol:

No matter where the seats are, DTE is a better venue than The Palace. I just don't like the sound/acoustics of indoor concerts at arenas. Concerts at theaters sound good, but not in arenas.

The sad thing is, a couple of years ago I got front seats at DTE to ELO / Alan Parsons Project for less than $30. :|

But anyway, to answer the question... I can't say yet whether I like/dislike the album as a whole yet because it's not out. For the songs so far, I like some and dislike others. Regardless, yeah I'll definitely go to a concert when they tour. I would poo my pants if they played Amsterdam, I'm still holding out hope for that.

Prices for Viva's tour were outrageous. I went on a rant about this in WoM, but charging $125 for merely an okay seat, which is nearly double what other artists charge to play the same arenas, is highway robbery. I would much prefer to see Coldplay in a festival this time around, seeing as how I'm also paying to see plenty of other artists worth my money.

I will attend one headline show max this tour. Or they can make my life extremely easy and just play Coachella 2012, which I've paid off already.