✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UIF WORLD DEBUT - watch the video

prospekt#42

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a decent song. Nothing outstanding but after ETIAW + Paradise, a welcome addition. Truthfully, it's a bit boring until around the 2:25 mark. Hopefully, the studio version will elevate the song a bit.

it's not some of their best material (like roadie42 said)

I dont want to hear this until Oct. 24. ill see if i can make it!

also, i just want to say A whisper, was not my favorite at all at first. it wasnt until a while later i really appriciated it. and yea maybe Paradise should have been left to be a song you discover in the album, maybe not as a single. But i like it so im okay with it.

I'm trying SO HARD not to listen to it, since it's near the end of the story on the album, and I want to follow the sequence, but GOD! IT'S HARD! Grant me the willpower. So far, this thread makes it sound more good than bad. Not sure I like the thought of a hip-hop beat...again. I hope you're loving it! :D

I wouldn't say it's hip hop. It's 'four-to-the-floor', which is dance music really. It gets addictive once you start making songs with it. I think it's in people's blood, the ancestors dancing around the fire to the rhythmic mesmerizing beat of a huge drum, that kind of thing.

Really well said! And of course, I broke down and listened. I wouldn't call it hip-hop either. I do hope the studio version's better since I don't hear Jonny's stand-out part. Too soon to judge, but I'd rank it average. And 'average' Coldplay is still better than a lot of people's best. I'm not falling down in love (which I'd really hoped to do) but I like it. Just 'like'. For now...:)

I was expecting it to be the best song on the album because I read either Chris or R42 saying that this song was going to be the next Fix You.

We haven't heard the studio version, but this song is far from being among their best material (like roadie 42 said).