✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

UIF WORLD DEBUT - watch the video

prospekt#42

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be the one to break the trend here but I'm not enjoying this track at all. For me it fits into the same category as Paradise, a boyband sounding song that would better suit an annoying female vocal. I can only imagine the album version having the life sucked out of it by overproduction. It's not an awful song but it hardly restores my faith in Mylo Xyloto. I have to say I prefer Paradise, honestly. :sick:

Still, I'll give it a few more listens and reserve judgement for the final mix of the song.

Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if my standards have been lowered :blank:. However, I can't deny that I really just purely enjoyed this on first listen, even if I didn't have the same sort of reaction that I did when I first heard songs that I'm absolutely in love with. I like that you can actually hear instruments more than anything else, but then again, it's a live version. My hope now is that they don't muck it up in the studio--same with all the live tracks we've heard.

Yeah but even if they release 12 good songs + 2 bad songs the bad songs ruin the experience :nod:. Also they kind of ruined MM with the studio version so I think I'll wait to have an opinion about MX and the songs we've just heard live.

Aaaand I think that leaving MTM off the album was wrong :blank: such a good song

Tell me one album that doesn't have at least one bad song. I know there are, but generally all the albums have at least one bad song. I like the studio version of MM so that's no problem to me. That's what I was trying to say, don't judge the album just by a few songs, or the live versions. For me it's very difficult to judge the album at this moment because there are many styles, it's a mixture of songs thrown into the album. I guess i'll have to wait to hear the whole album to make my final opinion, but up to now i'm really liking what i'm listening.

I agree about MTM, but i'm happy that at least we have a studio version of it.

Tell me one album that doesn't have at least one bad song. I know there are, but generally all the albums have at least one bad song. I like the studio version of MM so that's no problem to me. That's what I was trying to say, don't judge the album just by a few songs, or the live versions. For me it's very difficult to judge the album at this moment because there are many styles, it's a mixture of songs thrown into the album. I guess i'll have to wait to hear the whole album to make my final opinion, but up to now i'm really liking what i'm listening.

I agree about MTM, but i'm happy that at least we have a studio version of it.

Parachutes, Funeral, Is This It, I could go on.

The problem is when they promote the terrible songs instead of the good ones. For example: AROBTTH, no one knows A Whisper, which is probably the song that fans don't like. But the singles are good and almost everyone enjoys those. It feels like the bad songs take over the album because those songs are everywhere. Probably I wouldn't mind Paradise for example if it was a random song in the middle of the album, but since they made such a big deal to release it and I really dislike it, it just ruins the album experience for me. same with ETIAW.

I hope that by skipping those songs I'll like MX afterall. We'll see.

Parachutes, Funeral, Is This It, I could go on.

The problem is when they promote the terrible songs instead of the good ones. For example: AROBTTH, no one knows A Whisper, which is probably the song that fans don't like. But the singles are good and almost everyone enjoys those. It feels like the bad songs take over the album because those songs are everywhere. Probably I wouldn't mind Paradise for example if it was a random song in the middle of the album, but since they made such a big deal to release it and I really dislike it, it just ruins the album experience for me. same with ETIAW.

Just for the sake of conversation... what 3 songs would have been the singles off each of the first four albums in your perfect world? In no way do I mean to question your opinion or be a smart ass... Im just honestly curious. Anyone else can feel free to answer this as well...

Things to remember:

- This was their first time ever preforming this

- This was recorded on an iPhone 4, they have a hard time picking up lows and tend to distorts highs when recording ambient noise aka noise not right next to it or close to it (Not saying you did a bad job recording just stating what iPhone4's do haha, thank you so much for uploading that)

Things to remember:

- This was their first time ever preforming this

- This was recorded on an iPhone 4, they have a hard time picking up lows and tend to distorts highs when recording ambient noise aka noise not right next to it or close to it (Not saying you did a bad job recording just stating what iPhone4's do haha, thank you so much for uploading that)

true!

Great, sig! From 'All I Need' by Radiohead. Fantastic song. :D

Still can't decide if ill listen or not. I really like the general reaction though. Doesn't sound to be too pop-y like Pardise was which is a relief. Why is there only a vifeo of this song and not DLIBYH though? :thinking:

Don't let it break your heart wasn't performed.

Great, sig! From 'All I Need' by Radiohead. Fantastic song. :D

Still can't decide if ill listen or not. I really like the general reaction though. Doesn't sound to be too pop-y like Pardise was which is a relief. Why is there only a vifeo of this song and not DLIBYH though? :thinking:

believe me,listen to it!

Its short and beautiful.

Plus its not that good sound,so you will want the studio version