✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who else is sick of the stereotypes surrounding their home state/nation/whatever?

The Mad Hatter

I used to go to Harpers Ferry, WV, and the people talked very normal. I used to know some girls from WV who talked more British than American. I don't know what part of WV they were from.

I was very interested in Harpers Ferry because I am interested in hauntings and went on ghost tour.

I saw lots of outdoor activities and sporting in WV in that town. The people were friendly. :huskyhug:

<3

My dad lives there part time because he works in Washington. I can't wait to go up there and visit.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No people think mexicans are stinky :disappointed:

Not in my country... Actually, people here believe in that stereotype for European people... Like they don't like much to shower... And I've heard lots of stories. :P

Ah, and the stereotype regarding Colombian people... You must have heard about it... People think you're a drug dealer and that your country is really terrible (when is not THAT bad). Oh... And you're asked for a freaking VISA almost everywhere you go... It's kind of sad.

I like how the most complaints are from Americans- which is a sterotype in itself.[/color][/b]

As for Australian ones, we don't really have any. Well we do- but their more fun and can be taken with a laugh.

:(

Everybody hate French people. Everytime I go abroad and tell people "I'm French" they're like "aaaaah go awaaaaay, i hate french people !" I don't really know why, so I've just stopped telling people I'm French :blank:

And the stereotypes... Hm, nothing really bad I suppose.

Recently someone told me that they feel like we think France is the only country in the universe and don't give a f*ck about the rest of the world. I've never been that way... So yeah :blank:

I swear to God, if one more person says something about me being a flawless, amazing lover who walks around wearing designer berets- I'ma go crazy. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I wish I lived in a country like Liberia where you don't get bogged down with malicious stereotypes. FUCK THIS

As long as you wear a Raspberry Beret, you're OK in France. ;):beatnik: :P Really though, I think there are fewer stereotypes here about France, simply because there is more widespread knowledge about France.

Liberia is beautiful in Summer:sunny:, but the winters are just to cool!

I think it's only the ignorant and those who want to stereotype who do so, since most of the time the stereotypes are either simplistic, broadly brushed on everyone when only a small number of individuals fit the stereotype, or simply outdated by a century or more.

The more modern and aware we become of one-another, the less different from one-another we realize that we are.

Yes people think when you are a professional footballer playing internationally for Croatia you are a spoilt boy who forgot where he came from, but I remember the fighting and the deaths of my Croatian friends and they all say "Stop kicking that ball around there is a war on", and I say "NO FRIENDS, because one day I will play for an independent Croatia", and now I do :angry:

I like how the most complaints are from Americans- which is a sterotype in itself.

I've met a lot of Americans since I started my Masters and there are students from all over the world at my university. No one here dislikes Americans or looks down on them, if anything, people are jealous because most of them are from much more exciting places than we are.