✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will You Listen On The 19th?

TraceOddity

^ I should point out, like Tracie said, I wasn't trying to cast negative aspersions against people who WANT to wait until it's out, that's personal opinion and that is unarguable.

I think part of the reason that more people will be content with a leak this time around is because we have heard 85% of the album already. Still disappointed about that but the album versions will have so many layers.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just that she thinks it's brilliant and their best yet. I know she has to say that, but it was a private conversation, and she's not afraid to speak her mind, so if she'd thought it was shit, she'd have said so. It's great to hear that from someone who's known their music from the beginning. :)

I have been hearing this from most of the reviewers, so color me happy. I cannot wait until I get a listen.

Just curious - who are these reviewers? I only saw one from ACL and I think the reviewer admitted to being a "huge Coldplay fan" in the beginning of the review.

Various media outlets around the internet*.

* I'll be honest, though, that I doubt most of them have actually heard more than the songs played at the festival.

Reasonable question.

Just that she thinks it's brilliant and their best yet. I know she has to say that, but it was a private conversation, and she's not afraid to speak her mind, so if she'd thought it was shit, she'd have said so. It's great to hear that from someone who's known their music from the beginning. :)

Thanks, thats good to know

It is, yes, but red is my favorite color. I find it much more vibrant than other colors.

My fave colour too!

So this thread went from Japanese food to favourite colours... :laugh1:

I actually had food poisoning from sushi once, that's why I still don't like it. Apart from that, I haven't tried much Japanese food...

:P

Back on topic (kinda):

People say 'it's their best' every time a new album is imminent.

listening parties said the same about X&Y and Viva.

You can't really beat the test of time, and see in a few months, even a year if it's as good as previous albums. good music can take a realllllly long time to be given proper critique.

This is so true. For example, it took me years to really get into Radiohead, one of the best criticized bands around. Their sound didn't work for me, I didn't feel anything. Now I am completely in love with them. This also relates to the discussion we had about why people 'try' to like music.

I will need at least a year to decide how good MX is. So far, it's looking ok though.

Edit: 666th post :evil:

^ That's not bad at all, it's just your opinion. In music it's all opinions anyway. Some people seem to think their opinions are better than others, which isn't true of course. Music is about feeling and emotion rather than reason. You can't just decide to like a song, you just do or you don't. Same with favourite colours and Japanese food. :P

I do think that most Coldplay fans eventually end up liking Radiohead though, but I might be wrong :sneaky:. They are kind of the next level... Which is also why Radiohead die-hards often hate Coldplay.

I think.

^ Agreed about the first paragraph :nod:

Although I do like U2 (just not nearly as much as I love Coldplay) and Muse, Keane, The Killers, etc.

I just find Radiohead . . . really weird. And most of the time I find it difficult to figure out what Mr. Yorke is singing because he always seems to use that high falsetto.

A lot of people seem to hate Coldplay, though :blank: /doesn'treallygetwhy

And I looked up lyrics to some of their songs and I really didn't see anything special about them .__.

^ That's not bad at all, it's just your opinion. In music it's all opinions anyway. Some people seem to think their opinions are better than others, which isn't true of course. Music is about feeling and emotion rather than reason. You can't just decide to like a song, you just do or you don't. Same with favourite colours and Japanese food. :P

I do think that most Coldplay fans eventually end up liking Radiohead though, but I might be wrong :sneaky:. They are kind of the next level... Which is also why Radiohead die-hards often hate Coldplay.

I think.

Thanks, it just seemed a bit weird that I love coldplay as much as I do but really dont like U2 or Radiohead at all :/

I just find Radiohead . . . really weird. And most of the time I find it difficult to figure out what Mr. Yorke is singing because he always seems to use that high falsetto.

What have you listened to? I can imagine people finding something like Kid A or Amnesiac weird.... but The Bends and In Rainbows are pretty straightforward.

I think.

You're right. I started with Coldplay, ended up with Radiohead... They are really hard to get into, in my opinion, but once you do... You just love them. :)

I'll definitely listen. As people have said before, I just don't understand the concept of waiting longer for something that you're eagerly anticipating when you can end that pain early--to me, leaks are part of the album anticipation process, at least for bands I'm really crazy about (I usually wait for albums from bands I like, but I'm less rabid about, so I'm not tempted to just download the leak and never buy the album properly). That said, I have no problem with people that decide to wait at all, as long as they don't act all holier-than-thou about it, which seems to happen in every fandom. As long as you pay your dues by legally downloading it or buying it in physical format, I see absolutely no problem with listening to a leak, and it's up to the individual to decide what they want to do.

I'm also not a huge stickler for sound quality--I really can't tell too much difference between 128 kbps and higher, for the most part, at least not to the point where it ruins my experience, so I listen in whatever quality leaks. I think this is because I have shite hearing, though :ears:

ahaha YES!!!!

on a slight side note: Could someone tell me about VLV leaking please? :) When and by who? ....i could google it but i'm a bit lazy

I'll do some digging and see if I can find it. The links were actually posted on a Justin Timberlake forum, iirc, and the forum members were really nice to us Coldplayers who took over for a couple of crazy hours. It was fun! And it really changed my view of JT fans. :)

EDIT: Can't find it, and I don't have my copy of the files or I'd check the date there. Anyone?

EDIT 2: Looks like June 5th, so only a couple ofdays before, then the band 'Leaked it to iHeartRadio themselves. Probably prefering a HQ version be out there, and knowing the true fans would still buy it. But it was 3 years ago, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Tracie's basically got it. Some guy named Cedric came on this board (I think he was French?) on June 4, stating that he had the album somehow, and he might have posted one or two tracks here before someone made the decision to put it on another board so we didn't get shut down by authorities for leaking it, and we all migrated to a Justin Timberlake board :P. It was leaked one song at a time over the course of like two or three hours, I think, in 128 kbps. By that point, though, we'd already heard Violet Hill, Viva, Life In Technicolor, Yes/CSC, an acoustic version of Lovers In Japan, and Death And All His Friends from various places, so in that sense it was a similar situation to this time where a lot of the album was already out and only a few songs were left to fill in the gaps. And yeah, the band started streaming it on June 5 because of the leak.

i will listen to Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown only. im pretty sure we know exactly what they're gonna sound like at this point, even HLH cuz you can easily hear the backing vocals and extra effects in the live performances. and based on that TV ad, it seems like CB won't change at all

OH, and around that time in 2008, I kept a calendar on here that outlined what was happening where and when so people wouldn't miss it...this is what the release time period looked like for Coldplay in June 2008:

2mfybrl.jpg

And Lore just posted this in the other thread, for reference:

I remember this! Good memories. :)